Sign in to follow this  
beno27

Deano!

I predict he will be named in McClarens first England squad later and I cant wait to see the lad get his chance AND take it! Utter Legend who will hopefully form a brilliant partnership with Rooney as unfortunately I cant see Owen ever playing at the same level again, that is indeed if he plays at all again.

DEANO! DEANO! (plus will this get us some cash?)

He should have gone to the World Cup and is the top English striker of his type. IMO Ashton should walk into the England side at present.

He should have gone instead of Walcott to the World Cup

I think he has what it takes to play alongside Rooney in future - with Owen on the bench or maybe an interesting 3-4-3 formation? I''m thinking Ferdinand, Terry, and Carragher/A Cole in defence, Hargreaves, Gerrard, J Cole, and Lampard in midfield, Owen, Rooney and Ashton up front.

Maybe thats a bit bold?

according to the press today, he has lost a lot of weight cos West Ham put him on a strict diet over the summer ... they thought he wasnt mobile enough![:)]

"according to the press today, he has lost a lot of weight cos West Ham put him on a strict diet over the summer ... they thought he wasnt mobile enough!"

The press ARE always right [8-)]

Do we get any money from West Ham if Ashton plays for England? Someone earlier asked, but it would appear the question hasn''t been answered, just wondered...

[quote user="beno27"]

I predict he will be named in McClarens first England squad later and I cant wait to see the lad get his chance AND take it! Utter Legend who will hopefully form a brilliant partnership with Rooney as unfortunately I cant see Owen ever playing at the same level again, that is indeed if he plays at all again.

DEANO! DEANO! (plus will this get us some cash?)

[/quote]Utter legend for who ?

here''s the squad:

Goalkeepers:
Robinson (Tottenham), Kirkland (Liverpool), Foster (Man Utd).

Defenders:
Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Carragher (Liverpool), A Cole (Arsenal), Dawson (Tottenham), Ferdinand (Man Utd), G Neville (Man Utd), P Neville (Everton), Terry (capt, Chelsea), Young (Charlton).

Midfielders:
Downing (Middlesbrough), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Richardson (Man Utd), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea).

Strikers:
Ashton (West Ham), Bent (Charlton), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham).

From Canaries.co.uk

NO ASHTON CASH FOR CITY

STEVE McClaren''s announcement this afternoon that Dean Ashton is included in his England Squad to face the European champions Greece in a friendly on August 16 will not benefit the Canaries financially.

A clause in the contract of Ashton''s £7 million move to West Ham United back in January would see City receive a £125,000 payment if the striker was to earn an England cap. However, this has to be in a competitive match and not a friendly game.

[quote user="beno27"]

"according to the press today, he has lost a lot of weight cos West Ham put him on a strict diet over the summer ... they thought he wasnt mobile enough!"

The press ARE always right [8-)]

[/quote]

the press did report this today we quotes direct from Pardew - they put him on a different training programme this summer to slim him up and make he more mobile,  Pardew things the results are amazing and says we should all look forward to seeing a slimline deano - great for england as well as west ham

I look forward to seeing him in action again. I wish him all the best and I hope he becomes an Engalnd regular. He is a great talent and I can see bigger clubs trying to sign him in the future. If he is a sucess with Engalnd I can''t see him staying at West Ham. No disraspect to the Hammers of course, I mean they are not the Manchester Uniteds of this world.

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Utter legend for who ? [/quote]My thoughts exactly.He scored a few nice goals for us, and theres no denying his ability, but when we weren''t playing well he simply added to the general feeling of doom by looking like a miserable disinterested git.

I am glad to see so many of you wish Deano well, he was certanly a class player who came in for much vitriol on this board, because he wasn''t happy with the standard of football here, and who cam blame him.

Perhaps if Nigel could have got him on the Doherty diet it may have turned out differently 

Anyone want to buy Ashton signed City shirt, never worn XXL?

cupid stunt change the letters in your name and you might be right!!! good player but plays for himself!! of course he plays for himself (its his job), i dont do my job for anyone else apart from me and my family. the man is out to look after himself and i''m sure you''d be the same cos i know i would