Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

how long before crofty is told to cut out his tricks?

after worthy''s criticism of marc libra & hucks for showboating, after beating wolves and derby respectively, how long before crofty and also earnie to a lesser extent are told to cut out their ''roy of the rovers'' stuff?  croft has more tricks than paul daniels up his sleeve, more stepovers than dale gordon and as many backheels as ronaldo in his skills package - he looks an exciting find and i can''t wait to see him play when he''s match fit! have to agree with worthy he looks a real bargain buy.  will worthy be looking to temper crofty''s creative zeal? I hope not - he looks a genuine talent in the making and players like him make the admittance fee well worthwhile.

Fergie and Clough were masters in the art of bringing players down to earth occassionally.

I know we hate Worthington, but sometimes these things need to be done, and he''s the boss. Anyway - look at Libbra now! Don''t tell me Worthy ruined his career, he just wasn''t very good at anything apart from tricks!

[quote user="Mook"]

Fergie and Clough were masters in the art of bringing players down to earth occassionally.

I know we hate Worthington, but sometimes these things need to be done, and he''s the boss. Anyway - look at Libbra now! Don''t tell me Worthy ruined his career, he just wasn''t very good at anything apart from tricks!

[/quote]

Yep.  There is the story of Clough calling Pearce into his office after his first call up for England and telling him he didn''t think he deserved it.  Pearce always said it really motivated him to prove Clough wrong.

Tricks are all well and good if there is an end product - if not then a manager is right to say something - whoever it is. 

see croftys back heel in between two players, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh simply orgasmic.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We all know worthy doesn''t like them, he siad so in the press......  Then again what do you expect from such a dour man.[/quote]

He said he didn''t like them when we were one nil up and there was 5 minutes to go, he said he would prefer us to keep the ball in that situation. If Croft did the same as Hucks did on that occaision I would expect him to be criticised.

There''s another story about Cloughie and Martin O''Neill when he was a young player at Forest.

Martin was playing wide right, but he was of the opinion that central midfield was his best position, and he told Cloughie so.  Cloughie said "Here''s two shirts, No.7 and No.12.  Take your pick." or words to that effect.

So, for the best part of ten years, Martin ploughed up and down the right wing.  When he came to Norwich he played in central midfield and produced the football of his life, captaining NI to the quarter finals of the 1982 World Cup.  He was quite correct when he said he was better in central midfield.  But Forest needed him to play wide right, and in doing so they won the European Cup - twice.

Although not a entirly finished article by no means Mark Libbra had some great tricks up his sleeve. Worthy told him to cut out his tricks ! I love footballer''s who use tricks. Sometimes players use tricks when they are not needed but with the right dosage tricks can change games. I really hope worthy doesn''t tell Crofty to cut them out of his game !

actually Squit on another occasion he has said in the press that he ''doesnt like flicks and tricks''.

As for Libbra, the season after the play-offs after we had got rid, in the second half of the season we were  desperate for a bit of inspiration from somewhere...  many forget the few vital goals and performances Libbra put in before being told to stop doing his flicks and tricks and start trying to be a target man....  what an idiot the manager was....

Libbra was crap, Paul. Get over it.

Even Fabio Capello would have struggled to get anything more than an aimless backheel from him.

Another stupid thread....

Croft and anyone else would be told to cut out the tricks in any game we are winning narrowly and where possession of the ball is paramount. Isn''t the context obvious?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

actually Squit on another occasion he has said in the press that he ''doesnt like flicks and tricks''.

As for Libbra, the season after the play-offs after we had got rid, in the second half of the season we were  desperate for a bit of inspiration from somewhere...  many forget the few vital goals and performances Libbra put in before being told to stop doing his flicks and tricks and start trying to be a target man....  what an idiot the manager was....

[/quote]

so what club snatched marc libra from us and whats he doing now? you gotta get a life mate, we have lee croft now and once we sign a target man we WILL win this league hands down. Thats a fact.....you know what I''m like mate

[/quote]

You shouldn''t quote the manager if you can''t back that quote up. Seems like another internet lie becomming fact.

God, those with a strong dislike of the club are scrapping the barrel to find something to attack the club with.

Note how supporters are in delight at the club signing someone with a bit of flair and ability.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Every other time a player of flair and ability has been signed they have been stifled...  Even Huckerby last season looked half the player he was when he arrived here.[/quote]

Another half baked opinion backed up by an inaccurate argument, the internet lie seems to be your tawdry bedfellow.

[/quote]

ACTUALLY Paul, he''s used it in exactly the context I quoted, he likes skillfull players but they must not showboat to the detriment of the team.

What do you manage CJF?  How good are you at it? And what have you accomplished in your life, apart from fill these boards with twaddle.

I think in this thread CJF has finally disappeared up his own behind.

It is his stance that makes we want Worthy to succeed even more.  To call him a dour man is just shocking.  I wish I was as dour as Worthy with my 30 years in professional football.

What is it you do again CJF, apart from spending all your life on this board moaning to people you don''t know?

Was Mourinho right to curb Joe Cole''s showboating? I say yes.

It made him a better player and an England fixture.

Notice I said curb not stop. That''s the critical difference. It all depends on the state of the game and where the ''trick'' is executed.

OTBC

[quote user="beelsie"]What do you manage CJF?  How good are you at it? And what have you accomplished in your life, apart from fill these boards with twaddle.[/quote]

Actually my old sixth form college purchased the careers educational software I wrote!  I was quite pround of that.  I also won the UEA table football tournament! 

Not much apart from that I''m afraid.  Quality win today however!!

Pitiful CJF,  against many of the posters on here, and fans visiting NCFC, pretty minimal. and you feel you have the gall and audacity to criticise Worthy and attempt to put him down.  With a CV and experience like that I would think you must be jealous of his accomplishments. Hence the rancour in your posts.

[quote user="beelsie"]Pitiful CJF,  against many of the posters on here, and fans visiting NCFC, pretty minimal. and you feel you have the gall and audacity to criticise Worthy and attempt to put him down.  With a CV and experience like that I would think you must be jealous of his accomplishments. Hence the rancour in your posts.[/quote]

lol, cheers Beelie, and yes as a paying customer I have EVERY right to critisize when I see POOR DECISION MAKING costing us matches....  Jealous?? Not at all.  At one time I was proud to have him as our manager.  Lets hope when management decisions come alomng he makes better choices than he has done these last two seasons.  The early signs are good, and maybe the slow learner in charge has finally learned something from his last two disastrous blame game seasons.

As for my acheivements, well if creating educational software for our children is a poor showing in your eyes then so be it.  I like to think I am working for a company hoping to improve the futures of our youngsters.  I guess that doesn''t compare to serving in the army in your opinion.

CJFwrote

lol, cheers Beelie, and yes as a paying customer I have EVERY right to critisize when I see POOR DECISION MAKING costing us matches....  Jealous?? Not at all.  At one time I was proud to have him as our manager.  Lets hope when management decisions come alomng he makes better choices than he has done these last two seasons.  The early signs are good, and maybe the slow learner in charge has finally learned something from his last two disastrous blame game seasons.

Thanks for the reply CJF.  During my business years when I might step in and criticise my employees or staff, it was from a complete knowledge of the situation and the reasons behind said mistakes, also from my having the ability to make the necessary adjustments.  I would always address them courteously and use their names as is their due. You, as you have admitted, also others, did not do that. Abuse was the norm.  As you seem to be adept at computer programming and the application of logic and the use of boolean maths etc this should have taught you, that unless you have full knowledge of a situation then one shouldn''t criticise however much your seat cost. I am sure that we all realise the bad performances that took place over the last two and a half seasons, I chose to place the greatest blame on the players for what I considered to be their lack of application on the field, this was obvious from their body language.  The players reason for their inept lack of application could have been blamed on anything except fitness, for we were told repeatedly they were the fittest in the league.  I then could only site their unwillingness to adopt the methods that were used on the training ground, because of their reluctance or lack of quality.  We at last have a knew coach, who we are told has the full backing of Worthington, we have players who have openly praised the what they see as a better organised training regime,( Ref: Hucks interview).  Foley has disappeared to Ipswich, I do not know if you ever had time to see the team training at Colney but I made special journey''s there and witnessed them a few times and those times were when Foley was present and responsible, there was, no sign of Worthy, I spent a total of six occasions and six hours, and on those occasions the work done was initiated mostly by the players and the effort put into practice routines was lack-lustre to say the least. The reason that I went to Colney was because I could not believe what I was seeing on match day.  Several time I mentioned on these boards that I felt we were not fit and our off the ball running among other things was abysmal. As you say there is now a welcome air of urgency among the players, that was only there on a few occasions over a two and a half year period and the promotion season. Long may it continue

I will apologise for the fact that I belittled the programme achievements that you were so proud of, I am afraid this was pique on my part, and I felt that you should have a taste of your own rudeness that you and others constantly bombarded Worthy with.  That said may I wish you more success with your programming.  By the way, what does "lol" mean and I hope I''m not disappointed