Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Season Ticket scandal

I have it on good authority that a LOT of adult season ticket holders buy child season tickets and use them with impunity.

We could be talking dozens, hundreds or even more. They are never

checked on entry and some have used this scam for several seasons.

This is obtaining goods/services by deception, plain and simple. More

importantly from my point of view, its depriving the club of much

needed income.

How low is that?

Its in the clubs interest to weed out these theives!

Surely it would be easy to produce kids season tickets on different colour plastic, then it would be very easy to stop an adult using them.

[quote user="Herb"]I have it on good authority that a LOT of adult season ticket holders buy child season tickets and use them with impunity.
We could be talking dozens, hundreds or even more. They are never checked on entry and some have used this scam for several seasons.
This is obtaining goods/services by deception, plain and simple. More importantly from my point of view, its depriving the club of much needed income.

How low is that?

[/quote]

Where does this information come from? I personally don''t know of anyone doing this.

and what good authority is that?

unless you know someone who stands by the turnstiles watching (with nothing better to do)

or a turnstile operative who''s turning a blind eye i would say that''s nonsense ....on good authority.

Bit of a tricky one for the club I guess, I can imagine the scenes 5 minutes before kick-off as a youthful looking 57 year old swears blind he''s 65 and refuses to budge from the turnstile despite the protestations of the gateman. Perhaps its an issue Neil Doncaster might like to address in his weekly column in the EDP

[quote user="Herb"]I have it on good authority that a LOT of adult season ticket holders buy child season tickets and use them with impunity.

We could be talking dozens, hundreds or even more. They are never

checked on entry and some have used this scam for several seasons.

This is obtaining goods/services by deception, plain and simple. More

importantly from my point of view, its depriving the club of much

needed income.

How low is that?

[/quote]This is outrageous.You should have told us this back in March this year because...erm......oh, nothing.

The childrens'' season tickets are bright red and instantly distinguishable. I know mine and my son''s get checked as we enter every match

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

and what good authority is that?

[/quote]

Someone I spoke with this week who knows several people at his workplace who do it.

Don''t see whats to be gained by being more specific than that.

the kids ones are, few years back when i was eligble for them my dads mate used it for the games which I couldn''t attend. Pretty sure they were a diffrent colour, but nothing was ever said. In all fairness, situations like that aren''t too bad, It''s gonna be an empty seat otherwise.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]OAP cards are a different colour. I would have thought the kids season tickets were too?[/quote]

i bought two season tickets for the first time this year in the upper river end, one for me at £401 and one for my dad whos just turned 65 £241, both season tickets i received are yellow and both with my name on, only difference is the seat number.

iwas hoping my brother and his mate could borrow them for  the barnsley game as me and my dad have tickets for the C&G cricket final that day (had them since last year)

im on a ''young persons'' one, 18-21 i think or something like, and mine is a different colour too. its blue. so there really is no excuse why people should be gettin in on the wrong ticket really. especially if childrens ones are red, not exactly an obscure colour is it. altho it seems there are more issues in this, as the post above states, two tickets, same colour, same name, different seats and different prices. it just doesnt make sense, well to me at least. surely havin a different colour for each age group/price bracket makes sense but only if its going to be applied and checked throughout. which is seems it isn''t.

The child tickets are a different colour (red last season), there is a considerable difference in the price of an adult ticket and child ticket for the area I sit in, I had to pay an additional £14 to "supersize" a child ticket to an adult ticket for a "Cat A" match last season.

Tickets for under 12''s are red.

Then they turn into a pale blue for the next age group - under16s

Not sure what the colours are for student and 16- 21''s

If this is happening then shame on the turnstile operators.

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

[/quote]

they are also a light blue

what i find most annoying is not that they are not checked at the turnstile, since by that point its either the person holdin the ticket or no-one really. its the fact that people buy kids tickets in the first place for someone who is over age, no doubt the some of them have been moaning about the mismanagement of the clubs finances and the lack of spending money.

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

[/quote]

I''m a student and my ticket is Orange !

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"][quote user="Big Ginge"]

[/quote]

I''m a student and my ticket is Orange !

[/quote]

and mine is light blue, lol, no wonder the stewards are confused lol.

This has gone on for years Herb.

When i was a young lad I used to go to matches with my dad in the Family Enclosure.. there used to be these old  timers sit in there.. they were there every week in the same seats.. im talking 1991 till about 1996 when i moved to the Barlcay...

There was also some chap who used to go with his 18 YEAR OLD son in the Family enclosure too....

I really cant see how people can get away from this... my Daughter is still only a baby but id liek to get a Season Ticket for her when she''s a bit older... id be annoyed if they were all "sold out" to a fat balding 40 year old in a seat in the family enclosure

jas :)

So you know a guy who says he knows a few guys that have somehow conned their way into the ground with a child season ticket and then you somehow instantly produce magic stats that we could be taking hundreds of cons into each game with absolutly no proof and no real infomation, more likely is that these guys think their cool bragging about it but in reality they''ve never done it. Honestly I would not be surprised if it was true that a few people have managed to con they''re way in cheaply or even for free, because the world is full of people trying to scam someone on any level and our football club will be no exception. I''m sure the club do everything possible to stop this kind of thing as it really is in their best interest (more money) and I do think you''ve gone way overboard considering the sparse and poor infomation you''ve provided.

Herb, why not ask you ''good authority'' what he or she knows and then send it into the club.

I''m sure the ''good authority'' will have enough specific information ie seats being used this way, to allow the club to take action.

Might suggest that the club fixes some kind of coloured tab on the reverse of the seats that have discounted season tickets. Wouldn''t involve much once a season.

I forgot to mention that I also get a visitors parking permit, that means my Dad who goes to the game with me can park really easily up to minutes before the game. Superb.

The joys of living within a ten minute walk of Carrow Road.

Strategic purchasing.

Why does everyone disbelieve this?

I have a work colleague who has regularly used his friend''s "spare" season ticket whenever it was available - and it was a child''s ticket. He sometimes upgraded it, sometime not and no-one ever challenged him walking into the ground with a child''s ticket. (He has his own proper season ticket this year)

I have done the same as an experiment - when taking a guest instead of my daughter (under 12, bright red card) I used to pay for an upgrade but took an OAP relative one time instead and he walked straight in without challenge. I hasten to add that I did it just as an experiment and have paid for upgrades ever since.

I think the Club probably are losing a fair amount of money on this  - if anectodal evidence is to be believed - and it is up to stewards to challenge those coming in. Perhabs Herb, you should post this on the official site on the "Questions for the Club" section and/or write to Richard Gough at the Club.

We could be talking dozens, hundreds or even more. They are never checked on entry and some have used this scam for several seasons.
This is obtaining goods/services by deception, plain and simple. More importantly from my point of view, its depriving the club of much needed income.

How low is that?

[/quote]

Anyone for a sour grape?

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Anyone for a sour grape?

[/quote]

Not at all, I''m more than happy to pay the going rate now that work commitments mean I can make use of a season ticket.

Defrauding the club wouldn''t make me happy at all.

[quote user="jetstream"]

Why does everyone disbelieve this?

I have a work colleague who has regularly used his friend''s "spare" season ticket whenever it was available - and it was a child''s ticket. He sometimes upgraded it, sometime not and no-one ever challenged him walking into the ground with a child''s ticket. (He has his own proper season ticket this year)

I have done the same as an experiment - when taking a guest instead of my daughter (under 12, bright red card) I used to pay for an upgrade but took an OAP relative one time instead and he walked straight in without challenge. I hasten to add that I did it just as an experiment and have paid for upgrades ever since.

I think the Club probably are losing a fair amount of money on this  - if anectodal evidence is to be believed - and it is up to stewards to challenge those coming in. Perhabs Herb, you should post this on the official site on the "Questions for the Club" section and/or write to Richard Gough at the Club.

[/quote]I do agree that most stewards don''t seem to pay attention at all, my friend once said you could probably show your tesco club card and they''d still let you in. But this person you meation did upgrade the card sometimes so really he only offended a few times at most and now he has his own season ticket that suggests to me he wasn''t exactly a hardcore scammer. I''m still convinced that this kind of thing is really in minority as there is still no real mass evidence for it, but maybe the steward need a bit of a lesson and warning so this kind of thing dosnt get out of control.

ive raised this before with the club ( my kids couldnt go to the game and i paid additional money to get adults in)

what really f''ed me off was that i was told by other fans that they use kids tickets and that i was stupid fir being honest. The club said they needed specifics, seat numbgers etc, which i couldnt give and assured me that it couldnt happen, despite seeing it for myself. It seems to depend on the turnstile, but I''m told N&P is where the bulk of it happens - and that makes it even worse because some of the kids seats are nearly free there!