Sign in to follow this  
At last?

Those National press clowns

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1194521,00.html

Norwich bloody town?

Bet they''ve never been here.

Not welcome either.

I often read the Guardian, and their First Division coverage is notoriously poor.

Since we have been top of the league their coverage has changed notably in its attitude towards us too. But it''s just jealously. I know that some of their writers are Man City fans, so you can understand them neing neurotic supporting a club in a dump like that.

why gives a **** what the national papers say about us, as you pointed out, papers like the guardian, sun, mail etc only think about london, ditto, the tv and radio

has anyone heard us mentioned in a good light anywhere, don''t let it all get to you, we know how great we are, that we will be promoted this week and go on to win the title, who really cares what the sun et al say?

we all know it was SO different last year when portsmouth went up, the year before for man city - these are big, glamorous clubs, don''t forget, so of course they deserve the hype, i suspect (though as you can guess from my opinions on here, i don''t read the national papers) that all the football pundits said we were going to be relegated

what odds did we have for promotion?

still, really cannot wait for 606 on saturday, make sure we ALL ring in and tell them all WHO was promoted, not west ham (what a terrible shame), not ipswich (though they will make it via the play offs) - not anyone they would really like

not long now folks, better clear the supermarket shelves of champagne, whatever!!!

we are going to party

True.

Who cares what they say? Let them write us off and watch Worthy use it as motivation to prove em wrong.

How on earth are Portsmouth a glam club?

Yeah but you have to smile - Norwich Town!!! what kind of reporting is that?? it''s a bit like calling the finest international team in the World - Brazil Athletic

Gazza, did you hear 5 live last night after the match, lots of city fans calling in. OK til one said we only lose in the rain! (cardiff/palace) now that was embarassing.

If you take a close look and listen to what''s been said over the last few months, you''ll find that most Journos/Commentators etc want us to go up.
Sunday Telegraph, yesterday: Talked about how ''this well run and wonderfully hospitable club'' desereve to go up.
Sky Sports Commentator, Reading away game last Monday: "Norwich have been waiting nine years to go back to the Premiership and they have been sorely missed - they''ll be welcomed back with open arms."
The Guardian, a few weeks ago: a massive piece on how cosmopolitan our club is, compared to our ''country cousins down the road'' and how we are a Premiership club in waiting in every sense of the word - from fans to stadium to team to hospitality.
The Times'' top football writer is a Norwich fan (can''t remember his name).

We are actually getting a lot of support from those who dare to write/talk about something other than the usual old ''those who go up will come straight back down'' nonsense.

A lot of my mates work in the London media and they''re all saying how good it is that Norwich are going back up. I think we have Delia to thank for a lot of this - she wines and dines a lot of influencial people in the media, and you''d be surprised how much a good pie can turn someone to your way of thinking...

I think Mr Jason Thoms must be this week''s work experience student at the Grauniad. The same article goes on to say that,

"Wigan, who drew 1-1 at Crystal Palace , had two men sent off - Jason Jarrett and Jason Jarrett."

Genius!

Just a couple of things;

1) National press coverage of football outside the English Premiership is poor, full stop. Not just Norwich. Inaccurate match reports are infuriating - you do sometimes wonder if the journo bothered to turn up.

2) ITVs coverage of the Premiership is appalling compared to Sky. But here''s a thing; the Champions League coverage is, by-and-large excellent, - why can''t they apply the same rationale? Or even staff! Whats the view of the posters on that one? New thread methinks..

3) I know a few (nearly said "both") Fulham fans. It amused and amazed me to hear that the Evening Standard did an "end" of season report on all the London clubs, but neglected to mention Fulham. Every London club from Arsenal to the likes of QPR, Brentford etc. Fulham were not mentioned. Anti-Fayed bias, perhaps? No such issue with Delia (who has many good working relationships with the BBC and so should be welcomed on MOTD).

OTBC