Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

Arsenal: 14% pay 43%. Match that!

At their new stadium 14% of Arsenals supporters will contribute 43% of the revenue. These supporters sit on a wealthy belt half way up the stadium like prawns in a sandwich.

Arsenal remained in Islington, near the City and near the money. They must be the prime example of corporate wealth management.

How on earth can Norwich develop their levels of corporate investment to increase their revenues to such a proportion? It is surely not possible in a provincial club where the addition of a few thousand more seats makes little impact on revenue against borrowing.

Like it or not City have to find ways to woo the money. All clubs are trying, Arsenal have got a few thousand paying 4 grand+ a season for a seat. What would you pay extra for at Carrow Road or is such elitism such an anathema to you that you would prefer to discount it?

For a few years now I''ve had a standing order to pay £10 p.m. to the Academy, that''s £120 p.a. For this the kindly Jerry Goss has now given me a ''Team Academy'' card, as a result of which I get to watch the Reserves from the comfort of the Jarrold Stand Executive Seating - they''re the soft ones in the middle, so on a really cold winter''s night I no longer have to put my bum on a freezing plastic seat. So I suppose you could say I pay my £120 for that privilege, at about 1/2 dozen reserve games per season; doesn''t sound good value does it, but much better than £4k to watch the gooners (even with a prawn sandwich)!

Your names " interesting "  Cupid Stunt  !   but I can`t argue   with the principle  ...  [H]

I think its Stupid   to try and  compare us with  a club like Arsenal   , you`d have to be an *unt  to  do so ! screwing more money out of the faithful  isn`t an option..... forget it !

You wouldn`t be Doncaster  ?

According to another thread a large number of Norwich supporters are more interested in getting in on the cheap than paying for better facilities.

The fact is we have a Board with limited individual funds who don''t seem prepared to open up to major investors hence Norwich remain where they are. Clubs like Birmingham City and West Brom always seem to have more revenue and probably do as they find better investment.

We pay to watch football played in a beautiful manner, you pay for football which is no different to me and 10 mates having a friendly down Sloughbottom Park!!

[Rowe 6]

On the flip side is the news that Chelsea tried to fleece their corporate fans £140 each for a match ticket and meal for their friendly against Celtic and got very few takers, apparently they had to ring round their "mailing list" to find out why they had such a low uptake, in the end they reduced the price to £40 each and no meal - So even wealthy, corporate fans have their limits.... 

I know the poor old tahn had a go at a corporate bash some while back. The fayre on offer was

- a plate of jellied eels washed down with a can of Lidl lager followed a 30 min after binner speech (delivered in 5 minutes flat) by unlucky Jim plus a chance for five lucky binners to shake hands with his Lordship. You even got 200 shares in the company thrown in.

Even at £6.49 there were very few takers. I think it was the shares that put them off.