Sign in to follow this  
city-boy

none of you on this website can take it that worthy is still a good manager

every time i read the message boards after we have won a game you still want worthy out. is he really that bad no he is not now we have a new first team coach i think things are looking brighter and hopefully beacuse we should we will finish in the top six .

why dont you get behind nigel worthington becasue worthington is still a good manger and he still aint finished his job here at norwich becasue hes still got to  get us back in the premiership and with the fans backing he can do that.

Martin hunter is the reason things have changed... not Worthington.. he has had countless chances to turn it around himself and didnt....

jas :)

what a load of junk, I think you will find a lot of fans are realising that maybe he has finally learned from his failures and mistakes from the last two seasons.  Certainly towards the end of last season, there were no signs of change. But this season has been a total change of direction, the appointment of Martin Hunter was a masterstroke, and fortunatly Worthy failed in flawed Plan A and Plan B.

If we can recapture some away form we may finish top 6 or higher, if not we are destined to finish outside the play-offs.

Who wants Norwich to lose??  We are all city fans surely...

I say again what I said pre season Top 6 or he should be sacked.  I expected a poor start, but we have started well, so I am looking forward to the games again.  Its still early doors, Top 6 or he should go.

[quote user="city-till-i-die "]

every time i read the message boards after we have won a game

[/quote]

didnt come on here much last season then hence the 20 odd posts!

i can understand people not liking worthy for some of the dismal performances last year but i cant see how you can call him a a poor manager after he showed us what hes capable of getting us premoted 3 seasons ago? i agree with foghorn and i think we should get behind him and the team and suport them every step of the way.

The saying one swallow doesnt make a summer comes to mind , admitedley

we have played well in our first three games and long may it continue,

but i  am going to wait until we have played at least 10 games

before i am going make any judgements on worthington this

season.    As far as i am cocerned he is still on

probation ,you KTFs  are right in the fact that us worthy outers

are quiet at the moment but hand on heart i hope we are silent all

season because we all want our team to be successful who ever is in

charge OTBC

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Martin hunter is the reason things have changed... not Worthington.. he has had countless chances to turn it around himself and didnt....

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas, that''s spot on!

Why do so many of the Worthy outers assume that he had nothing to do with the sacking of Foley and the appointment of Hunter? - As if somehow people think that as the manager these things somehow go on around him and he has no control or influence over them?

Maybe he got as frustrated as anyone at the inbility to create on the pitch what he wanted to achieve, and decided that having signed some (as we can now see) decent players that couldn''t deliver on the pitch something more fundamental had to change.

I have no idea what the scope of his role is and how much influence on these things he has, but if I was to make an assumption it wouldn''t be that he is a mere bystander in it all. Why cannot he take some credit for that?

Do you think Steve McLaren had anything to do with Terry Venables appointment?

Well said CJF.

I like many others was prepared to give worthy a chance at the start of this season and i am as delighted as NW himself that he seems to have proved me wrong and turned it around. However, 2 wins and 3 decent performances doesnt make a season so NW is a long way from turning my and others optomism into reality.

You will know whether he has won supporters over again when the crowd start chanting ''Worthington''s green army''.  The signs were good yesterday, because the first thing the crowd did after the second Luton goal was to start cheering the team on.  There were many more renditions of OTBC and you could sense that the crowd believed we could get something from the game, this in turn is transmitted down to the players on the pitch.  The hoofball approach has gone for the time being, and this passing game is what the supporters want to see.

I would still like to see some of the youngsters on the bench such as Jarvis, Spillane, Cave-Brown etc, but there is definitely a big improvement from the end of last season, and more importantly there is a buzz around the ground again.

Its too soon to say;  the results are pretty much the same as last seasons (good at home, defeats away) but the level of perfromances are significantly better. 

If we can sustain that level of competetive performance we will win more than we lose and  it will suggest that I and many many others were right in saying last seasons performances were grossly inadequate, but also highlight that the manager has learnt the errors of his ways by behind him the incorrectly chosen and applied tactics in favour of the ones we all could see were needed to make the squad work to its best.

Its a good start and much more improvement is needed in making the chosen formation to work truly well;  but for me the key is that I at last have some hard evidence that the manager can learn from his mistakes and improve his short fallings;  

The only thing I will say is why could these same changes not be made last Sept/Dec/Jan/Apr when we had the same squad and the failings were equally obvious?

every time i read the message boards after we have won a game you still want worthy out. is he really that bad no he is not now we have a new first team coach i think things are looking brighter and hopefully beacuse we should we will finish in the top six .

why dont you get behind nigel worthington becasue worthington is still a good manger and he still aint finished his job here at norwich becasue hes still got to  get us back in the premiership and with the fans backing he can do that.

[/quote]Personally I don''t like worthington, I''m sure he''s a nice enough bloke but I don''t like him as manager mainly because of his attitude. But having said that so long as the club are doing well thats all I really care about, it dosn''t particularly bother me whos playing/manager/director, just so long as they are good for the club. If we dont get a good finish it will be a 3rd bad season in a row and for me time for a change.

I think next week at Derby will reveal more about what we can expect this season.  I rather fear a strong at home weak away pattern developing following previous seasons under Worthington.  Should this be the case i think the club will have to act and finally wield the axe on to Worthington. 

In short the club has to now start being ruthless to show we mean business.

"the first thing the crowd did after the second Luton goal was to start cheering the team on"  - I don''t want to be negative but there were quite  a few negative comments about "Worthless" where I was sitting after the second Luton goal. There were clearly significant sections who were ready to have a go at the team. Fortunately, we scored quite soon and that shut them up.

There are still too many who "turn" as soon as something goes wrong.

[/quote]

You need to work on your grammer mate!

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"the first thing the crowd did after the second Luton goal was to start cheering the team on"  - I don''t want to be negative but there were quite  a few negative comments about "Worthless" where I was sitting after the second Luton goal. There were clearly significant sections who were ready to have a go at the team. Fortunately, we scored quite soon and that shut them up.

There are still too many who "turn" as soon as something goes wrong.

[/quote]Well as soon as the second goal went in my first reaction was "damn here we go again", in the barcley we hadn''t stopped cheering singing til the second goal but we were stunned and lets be honest at 2-0 it should have been game over. It was a horrible sinking feeling that we were back where we started, after spending hours in traffic all the way from Notts and soaked to the skin I can tell you I was wishing I''d stayed at home. I think you should cut some of us fans a little slack we do our best to support the club and to see the second goal go in was very disheartening so don''t lump us all together just because you had a few disgruntled fans around you.Just out of interest where did u sit?

"I think you should cut some of us fans a little slack" - as I said, don''t want to be negative - the vast majority of the fans were like you and me - gutted without moaning.

It is the small minority who start to maon as soon as something goes wrong - loudmouth "experts" that criticise every pass and the manager as soon as something goes wrong or doesn''t work. It''s bad enough losing without them "spouting off."

A few don''t want to see any good - as one said after Saturday - "it''s only Luton" - does that mean that we are not supposed to enjoy turning 2 nil down to winning 3 - 2?

Snakepit

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"I think you should cut some of us fans a little slack" - as I said, don''t want to be negative - the vast majority of the fans were like you and me - gutted without moaning.

It is the small minority who start to maon as soon as something goes wrong - loudmouth "experts" that criticise every pass and the manager as soon as something goes wrong or doesn''t work. It''s bad enough losing without them "spouting off."

A few don''t want to see any good - as one said after Saturday - "it''s only Luton" - does that mean that we are not supposed to enjoy turning 2 nil down to winning 3 - 2?

Snakepit

[/quote]To be realistic, you are going to get people like that anywhere you go constantly negative and cynical. Some people are just never satisfied, or perhaps so desperate to see the back of worthy they''ve even stopped caring about Norwich.Surprised to hear that was in the Snake pit, but I suppose the most hardcore fans can also be the most irrational, e.g. booing off the luton player with concussion, pathetic.

is this a trailer for that movie, deja vu because I sure feel like I''ve seen this conversation before, like at least three times a week.

[quote user="rich"]is this a trailer for that movie, deja vu because I sure feel like I''ve seen this conversation before, like at least three times a week.[/quote]Do you have something better to talk about? I don''t see you posting anything new and interesting in the forum, so don''t start moaning about other peoples posts. Why don''t you try and do something construtive instead of being rude.

and your contribution was constructive as well wasn''t it. If your happy to discuss the same worthy good v worthy not so good thread that we''ve been over a million times through then knock yourself out. I''d rather talk about other more concrete things such as stuff that''s happening on the pitch, like players and tactics.