Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Worth a thought part 2

With it clear that Greeno is going, and with an inital payment likely to be £1m plus - are we now beginning to see why nige didnt opt for sutton? if we had sutton, nige would be told he didnt need to spend the cash as we only need cover for drury - thats not going to cost that much.

I just think worthy is playing the no to sutton card to be able to spend greeno cash on a better or a longer life, less injury prone player

But would 1 million buy a striker better than [a free] Sutton? spend the £ on a midfielder, after all if just one of the present 5 midfielders  becomes injured/suspended we are truely scratching

[quote user="John Boubepo"]But would 1 million buy a striker better than [a free] Sutton? spend the £ on a midfielder, after all if just one of the present 5 midfielders  becomes injured/suspended we are truely scratching
[/quote]

So you would be scratching if one of the midfilers got injured as would all of us. I dread to think what measures we would go to releave us of our itch if Earnshaw was injured though. A striker is more important in my opinion..

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Carlos Barairos De lima Du Pon"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]But would 1 million buy a striker better than [a free] Sutton? spend the £ on a midfielder, after all if just one of the present 5 midfielders  becomes injured/suspended we are truely scratching
[/quote]

So you would be scratching if one of the midfilers got injured as would all of us. I dread to think what measures we would go to releave us of our itch if Earnshaw was injured though. A striker is more important in my opinion..

[/quote]

Sutton on a free plus the Green money used to buy quality midfielder - how''s that to relieve the scratching? the defence you say? well money only goes so far and we can only afford a makeweight for cover

Theres only one reason that Worthy won''t even talk to Chris and that because he can''t handle personalities and the fans crying our for him hasn''t helped either. We know what he thinks of fan''s opinions, he''s told us enough times [:D]

Lets hope he gets a decent stiker with the cash because with Thorne not being good enough, Leon not wanted to play for us anymore if Earmie gets a serious injury we''ll be right in the s***

Sorry, John, I still don''t buy (no pun intended) Sutton as a solution. Celtic rated Hartson as better - and I reckon top Championship = Scotty Prem. My point is that big fat Johnny may have scored 2 debut goals, but aint receiving many plaudits in the match reports. If he''s not cutting the mustard, how much worse would Chrissy S appear? Even desperate Jim, from the comedy club down the road, is backtracking on his initial enthusiasm - said today "..we haven''t contacted Chris, or his agent, but we''d be interested to hear if he wants to play for us"! Hardly pulling up trees to get his man eh? No, if Sutton was such a decent prospect, there are many teams who would have made an effort for him. The fact he''s still seen more as a cricketer, at present, should be proof enough that Worthy had it judged spot on from the word go.