Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Carrow Road pitch is damaged - Crofty to be dropped!!!!

Club officials today have revealed today that the head groundsman at Carrow Road has appealed to Nigel Worthington to drop Lee Croft from the side after they noticed that the area of the pitch in front of the away fans after the Luton game has started to subside due to the number of times he has crashed to the ground there. Sources say that there is every possibility Croft has played his last game for the club until he loses at least a stone. This is certainly not a hollow threat, as the last player to get on the wrong side of old ''greenfingers'' was Rob "Burgers" Green who had threatened to make the goalmouth sink to such an extent that Nige was forced to ship him out to Charlton before he started playing again. Rumours that the weight issues experienced by Dean Ashton had anything to do with  his move to West Ham are however, completely unfounded.  

I''ve also heard that the dug-out areas will probably be strengthened before the Ipswich game so that they can stand the weight of Jim ''the whale'' Magilton. However, City are holding off from doing the work just yet because Magilton will probably have been sacked by then.

better let the likes of ''bristol city, huddersfield & swansea'' know about the reinforcements needed in the dug out areas for next seasons, when those suffolk scummers are relegated!!!!

joe royle had a big head

Jim Mag had a big gut!!

aha i feel a song coming on

jim magilton got a F****in massive gut!!

yeah but get this iv also heard theyre not gna let "jim magilton" in to they ground when they come here coz hell be 2 embarressed to c r ground. weve got proper flood lights on r ground!!!!!!!!!!!!! youv gta admit their ground iz made of tin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="iluvsafri4eva"]yeah but get this iv also heard theyre not gna let "jim magilton" in to they ground when they come here coz hell be 2 embarressed to c r ground. weve got proper flood lights on r ground!!!!!!!!!!!!! youv gta admit their ground iz made of tin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Would you like to try that again, but in English this time? :)

Jesus Herb mate, get of his back, so what if he types how a fair few people type now in the uk, bet you could still understand it if you could be really bothered to. I think too many people on here feel themselves more superior than others because of some peoples writing and grammar skills and that annoys me.

The same goes for treating people who are under 16, their points are just as valuble as everyone elses.

So lay off people, its a football board not a school board.

Rant over with.

Ian age 28 and 1/3

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

Jesus Herb mate, get of his back, so what if he types how a fair few people type now in the uk, bet you could still understand it if you could be really bothered to. I think too many people on here feel themselves more superior than others because of some peoples writing and grammar skills and that annoys me.

The same goes for treating people who are under 16, their points are just as valuble as everyone elses.

So lay off people, its a football board not a school board.

Rant over with.

Ian age 28 and 1/3

[/quote]

Thanks, I''m 16 and I''m pleased to think that my opinion is valid with you... And Like anyone noticed that I am a youngster ( cough)

Juninho ..

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

The same goes for treating people who are under 16, their points are just as valuble as everyone elses.So lay off people, its a football board not a school board.

Rant over with.

Ian age 28 and 1/3

[/quote]No I agree with Herb on this that post is just lazy txt talk,  I also don''t have a clue what they are on about sounds like mad ramblings. It may be quicker to type for you but take longer for everyone to read. I''d like to point out that on messageboards that there is such a thing as netiquette, you don''t need to abbrivate this isn''t a text message there isn''t a character restriction and You don''t need 50 odd exclamation marks to make your point. This isn''t about grammar or spelling, its about having some manners towards other posters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

If you write in teenage sms speak it requires deciphering first, perhaps some people, can''t be arsed to do that. jus a faut (ps why is "iz "easier to text than "is"? That''s a serious question.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

The same goes for treating people who are under 16, their points are just as valuble as everyone elses.So lay off people, its a football board not a school board.

Rant over with.

Ian age 28 and 1/3

[/quote]No I agree with Herb on this that post is just lazy txt talk,  I also don''t have a clue what they are on about sounds like mad ramblings. It may be quicker to type for you but take longer for everyone to read. I''d like to point out that on messageboards that there is such a thing as netiquette, you don''t need to abbrivate this isn''t a text message there isn''t a character restriction and You don''t need 50 odd exclamation marks to make your point. This isn''t about grammar or spelling, its about having some manners towards other posters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette[/quote]The man has a point. Text language has a place and its not on message boards. When the majority of posters use proper English I think its only polite for others to do the same. Its doesn''t take a lot of effort.

The majority of this board type in written English and I don''t think it is too much to ask if we all did this.

I think it shows a lack of respect for those trying to read what is written when it is put down in text speak.

It''s lazy and done at the convenience of the writer and at the inconvenience of the reader.

I don''t write on here to confuse people with my spelling, I can do that with my opinion.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

I think it shows a lack of respect for those trying to read what is written when it is put down in text speak.

[/quote]I think we''re going a bit OTT here...  But I''d make the point that, if someone uses txt talk or poor grammar, many people are either likely to ignore their post or to value their opinion less... So, it''s worth trying to use good English if you want your contributions to be read and valued by other posters.

i thought this was a football forum, not and english one! who cares if its text slag or proper english as long as people can voice there opinion which they should be able to do with out all this nonsense it doesnt really matter does it!

have to agree with the general opinion on here. txt talk is fine for texts, msn, emails to mates or wotever, but like previously said, its not any harder to type proper english while using a keyboard. and i also agree it does make it harder for people to read the post, even though i managed to get through it. i know my grammar is not perfect, but i do try.

[quote user="Ark"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

I think we''re going a bit OTT here...  But I''d make the point that, if someone uses txt talk or poor grammar, many people are either likely to ignore their post or to value their opinion less... So, it''s worth trying to use good English if you want your contributions to be read and valued by other posters.
[/quote]

spot on mate, like I said earlier on we should not slate people for their writing skill but like you said you will get more credit etc if it is written in English.

[quote user="no1canary"]have to agree with the general opinion on here. txt talk is fine for texts, msn, emails to mates or wotever, but like previously said, its not any harder to type proper english while using a keyboard. and i also agree it does make it harder for people to read the post, even though i managed to get through it. i know my grammar is not perfect, but i do try.[/quote]

Wotever, come on its what ever. People do not like shortened words, lol

haha very true. like i said mine is by no means perfect, and the occasional one slips in now and again. btw i knew someone would pick up on a mistake lol

When I first saw this post I thought it was more to do with the fact that the grass is cutting up on both sides of the pitch as opposed to just the side where Hucks tends to end up playing, if he''s only 70% fit we may have a good player for a few years to come