Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

McKenzie not the only unsettled team member...

If we could get say £1.5m for the pair of them it might be worth it.

However, with the squad as small as it is we don''t really want to be selling players.

Maybe if we pooled all the money together from Green, McVeigh and McKenzie leaving we could get Koumas and Eastwood? Unlikely because Worthy doesn''t want Koumas, but this is the sort of quality of player we''d need to bring in if the two Macs were to depart.   

Yes we should definitely keep both of them. We''ve got a small enough squad as it is. This League consists of 46 tough physical games and that''s before you add in any League and FA Cup games. Injuries are a certainty.

There were times last season when we had about 10 players out injured and we just couldn''t cope if that were to happen again with our squad the present size. It''s good that players aren''t happy when they''re not in the starting 11, but the way to deal with it is to take their chance to impress when they come on as sub, play well for the reserves and work harder in training - not to instantly whack in a transfer request.

perhaps you would be unhappy if you were sitting on the bench while Robinson is out there doing naff all. I find it a sad situation when we have players and good players who are unhappy at the club. I feel again this is a weakness of Worthington not managing players and their ambitions. McVeigh has always be a scapegoat for Worthington dropped at the first sign of an indifferent performance. Whilst players like Robinson and last season Hughes turns out their rubbish week in week out.

Well Hardhouse I don''t think any player is going to be "happy" sitting on the bench, but football is a team game and while the team is winning the manager is perfectly justified in sticking with a winning team.

On the subject of Robinson I suppose his perfectly weighted ball inside the fullback to set up Croft''s equaliser might be your idea of "naff all" but it''s not mine. I expect you didn''t see it though because you and a few of the other usual suspects already seem to have decided that Robinson is to be this year''s scapegoat.

Mckenzie isnt good enough, and if we do get another striker with the Green money as expected it will be pointless keeping him against his will. We already have Earnshaw, mcveigh , huckerby and Henderson who could all play off a targetman if necessary and also Ryan Jarvis and thorne. We have all bases covered and mckenzie who is in the earnshaw mould is well below the''similar'' players to him in ability and i wouldnt mind giving hendo a go in his natural position if anything happened to earnshaw. I would keep mcveigh, he is a handy versatile squad player while i''m afraid mckenzie in my opinion is overated and has the charecteritics of a headless chicken. He hasnt done much since ''he scored against the scum'', (that song by the way now drives me insane) and if it werent for that would his commitment be enugh to give him the godlike status he has. I think not. Remember Andy Snooze shows great commitment and always runs about so how come he doesnt get a heroes status. I rest my case......

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

.... I hear that McVeigh is too.... Should we keep either of them, if this is how they feel? 

[/quote]

Its common knowledge that Worthy and McVeigh don''t get on and I''m sure he''ll be moving on when his contract expires in May.

Hardhouse wrote" Worthington not managing players and their ambitions. McVeigh has always be a scapegoat for Worthington dropped at the first sign of an indifferent performance. Whilst players like Robinson and last season Hughes turns out their rubbish week in week out".
Good players force themselves into games by their skill, keeness, and effort on the pitch and their attitude to training. Also readiness to perform for the team as a whole.

A indifferent performance can be the difference between winning promotion and remaining in the championship.

It''s been common knowledge that McVeigh has been moving on for donkeys years, but he is still to manage to find a team.

I''m sure he''ll be warming our bench or playing for a league 1 side next August.

BlahBlah said: "I''m sure he''ll be warming our bench or playing for a league 1 side next August."

Doesn''t say much for the rest of ''em last year - considering when picked (rarely) he was by far our best player....

He will easily be playing in the championship next season - although he will be playing for one of our championship rivals.....

Agreed Foghorn, he was.  he seems to need a poor team to get the best out of him.  When we were in the Premiership, it was almost as if he couldn''t be bothered.

worthington shouldn''t sell mcveigh, he''s too handy of a a player to let go, he can play in a couple of postions and has proven that if you give him a run in the side he is capable of playing well

I dont know why poeple think we will get Koumas when Cardiff are chasing promotin themselves and only bought him in the summer.

as for Little McVeigh i wouldnt sell him.. he''s quality and we are a better side with him in it

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I dont know why poeple think we will get Koumas when Cardiff are chasing promotin themselves and only bought him in the summer.

as for Little McVeigh i wouldnt sell him.. he''s quality and we are a better side with him in it

[/quote]

Koumas isn''t a Cardiff player, he''s still a WBA player who will never get back into the team & isn''t wanted by the manager. If we put a half decent bid we could get him!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that Koumas is still a West Brom player as Cardiff have yet to offer the 2million Robson wants.