Jerzy Krukowski

Testimonial money to charity?

I''ve nothing against Fleming, he''s been a good servant of city for 10

years obviously, but testimonials are a joke with the sort of money the

players earn these days, they are handsomely rewarded as it is. Is

Craig giving the receipts to charity? I hope so, because there''s no way

he needs the cash.  IMHO  testimonials should be free

(payment to the supporters, especially after last season), all cash

direct to charity or at worst straight into the new signings pot.

just got me thinking SPat - yes i do sometimes!

Do you think the club should offer a reduced rate season ticket,or even free, every ten years a supporter has his/her season ticket for?

blahblahblah

You didn''t really answer his question did you, we know that Craig has done work for the charities you provided the links for and a great job I''m sure he has done too, thats not in question.

The question was, is any of the money raised last night going to charity?

[quote user="Rossi"]

just got me thinking SPat - yes i do sometimes!

Do you think the club should offer a reduced rate season ticket,or

even free, every ten years a supporter has his/her season ticket for?

[/quote]

Great idea Rossi, especially as we shell out the cash that makes the whole thing happen. 50% off would be a good start.

The pages posted up by blah don''s seem to have anything on them that

suggest the cash from the testimonial are going to these charities,

just that he endorses them, Quite different. Not suggesting this is the

case, but he could in fact be paid by them!  Presumably he doesn''t

dish out cash to the furniture supplier listed. This isn''t mean''t to be

having a go at CF, maybe I''m being cynical after reading

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1830135,00.html and having

reached 10 years in my current job without even a word of thanks , let

alone a few hundred grand to retire on ;-)

Agreed, I can''t find a reference to money paid, although flown from the nest says that the Matthew Project is Craigs chosen charity for his testimonial year.

If you google "craig fleming testimonial charity", you get a couple of stories from icnewcastle, referring to Newcastle giving their time free of charge, but no reference to the charities. 

I''m sure he would have given at least a percentage of the money to the charities mentioned, if not all of it.  And if he hasn''t he''s still worth every penny for the service he''s given the club. Putting it into perspective, I''m sure we''d all rather give Craig money for 10 years of service, than Dean Ashton''s agent for renegotiating Deans'' contract.

[quote]This isn''t mean''t to be having a go at CF, maybe I''m being cynical after reading http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1830135,00.html and having reached 10 years in my current job without even a word of thanks , let alone a few hundred grand to retire on ;-)[/quote]

I haven''t received a word of thanks for doing my job either, but I''m not an athlete or a local celebrity, and I tend to post on here too often to get enough work done.  Know what I mean spat ? :)

Actually I know someone specifically asked CF on the Canary Chat thing he did on Tues on the main NCFC site to confirm whether the money was going to charity (or any % of the money, and if so what %)

I accept that there were 100s of questions but he avoided this one and the Club have also been very vague about this point and ignored all questions on this aspect. One can only conclude that the vast majority of the money is going straight to CF.

Which is fine, but why not come out and say it?

Lets hope he didn''t get the money from the car park too then cause that was £5, not that I used it!!

I don''t really have a problem with CF either keeping the money or not. I am sure he is well paid compared to most of us on this forum, but any player that gives ten years to a club deserves his day in the sun and to be honest he has been an outstanding player for us in that time. Always played with pride, perhaps lacked some leadership skills, but I can never remember coming away from a game and moaning about CF.

Would be nice if he made a sizeable donation to charity, but I do not object to him keeping some of  the money. What I do object to is Premiership players keeping their take. If they have been there 10 years, then they must have banked millions. That sticks in the craw.

As for your ten years SPat, well I guess they do not know what a talent they have on their hands. Then again by the time you turn up to work, most of your bosses have gone home for the day...

P.S SPat only kidding mate.. Look forward to meeting  up again soon.

Let us not forget that when you bought your ticket to the game, you knew the money was going to Craig. If he chooses to give none, some or all of his money to charity, one could conclude that it is none of our business.

One could also conclude that someone demanding statements from the club regarding this, is quite rude.