Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The missing jigsaw piece.

Geoff  Horsefield.

He would cause panic amongst defenders and he could really set up Earnie for chances, plus, with Hucks and now Croft crossing  the balls in, it could really change our season for the good.

Anyone else brave enough to agree that the horse could be the mising part of the jigsaw?.

No. Rather have Eastwood form Southend even though he''d cost a fair whack! Horsfields wages would prob be too high for little old norwich anyhoo. Slightly dissappointed by the post, usually you do a really good job as a wind up merchant whats going on?

p.s. well done worthy on the signing of Croft!

yep, i agree, Horsfield is proven at this level and will score goals.  My only concern is that it would be another short term signing, he is well into his 30''s now.I still think Leon and Earnie up front will cause problems for most of the defences in this league though.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I have been looking for us to stable ''The Horse'' for months.[/quote]

All sounds to me a bit like the calls a year or two back for us to ''Feed The Goat''. And he went on to do what exactly...?

Horsfield is past it.

How is it that fans want us to sign bright, young, up-and-coming players... then berate anyone they haven''t heard of in favour of old-school has-beens?

Two points here from someone who also follows Southend.

Freddie Eastwood will NOT come to Norwich. Why would he leave a Championship side that he is local to, has been promoted twice in two seasons and has admittedly little chance of going up this year to go to a club he has no connection with that is stagnating and his little chance of going up this year  - let''s be honest.

In any case, even if he did want to come he''d cost an absolute fortune.

And as for what did "feed the goat" do, well he came to play for Southend coz noone else wanted an old man and he scored many useful goals and sent them up. Admittedly from league 1 but generally people who can score in league 1 can score in the championship. 

Great news that we have signed Croft, and I personally think that if we are looking to get crosses in then Leon will be a good foil for Earnshaw as he is good in the air, if we are looking for someone that can get on the end of crosses and hold the ball up then I do feel somebody such as Horsefield on a short term deal is worth a gamble to get us back into the Prem, unless of course Thorne is the man for job. I still think there will be a new centre forward at Carrow Rd before the end of the transfer window.