Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

The impact of the protests?

[quote user="chicken"]

CJF has suggested that giving six players new contracts is down to the pressure created by the protests put on the board.

I have argued that although I am sure the protests had an effect in their own way it cannot be argued that 5 accademy players and one senior player quoted by the manager as having a great natural footballing ability, would be given contracts just to keep the protestors off  the clubs back and entirely down to the protests themselves.

I argued that the lack of players 19 before Croft signed and without those given contracts may have been more of a desicive reason for them being given contracts.

[/quote]

I think perhaps my view was that the protests, letters, meetings, arguments on message boards and directly with the board itself have perhaps seen a new direction in which the club is heading.  It is not ENTIRELY down to the protests and the above, but I really do beleive there has been a change in attitude and perhaps direction in the boardroom and on the football pitch of which the protests and the arguments they have put across have influenced.

Personally I wouldnt take anything from the manager saying a player had great footballing ability.... 

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Hmm thats very starnge?

If genuinely don`t like the manager then why do you spend so much time defending him amnd trying to bolster support for him while at the same time attacking the fans

who want Worthy Out?

[/quote]And there is evidence if any were needed that you don''t read posts (or more accurately you read what you want to see)

CJF, another point against you is that you chose to assume that Chicken had written an essay and that you would not choose to read it because? I cannot assume the answer as you have done in other respects.  How can a young man who purports to be serious in his attempts at debate dismiss an attempt by Chicken to write his opinions on your efforts at communication.  This I would say is bad manners and a failure to treat the matter as seriously as you purport to.  How then are we to know that you are not just as off-hand in your observations of Worthy and co, and that you only come up with half a story that may suit your spin.  Chicken made some good points and you would do well to do him the courtesy of as least reading through.  CJF we may agree on one thing though.  I want the best possible for NCFC I would like to see them play marvelous football, and at the same time remain afloat financially, whoever is at the helm. It is just that I for one cannot see the outcome of ill thought out protests such as is at present in vogue. Also if you are not of the Worthy out ilk why bother to post as fact, an opinion in defence of the  ill founded evidence, if that is what you say it is.  And you again have used an unnecessary remark against him, what right have you to call him a simpleton, how do you arrive at that opinion, is it because you have the shelter of these boards and know that he can not reply.  This shows the make up of a very weak personality coupled with your unfortunate remark against service or military personnel who you castigate and yet in the possible situation of terrorist action you may be glad of their ability to act on the orders they are given.  In the past we have had many people on these boards who will happily name call people who they target and show contempt to.  Then run a mile when someone meets out the same treatment to them.

If I met the guy I would call him an a**h*** to his face.  In fact I alomost did at cambridge, I was considering walking over to the dugout and calling him a, well you can guess. I thought better of it.  I would express my disgust for any NCFC supporter whom accused me of not being a true fan - let alone a member of this football club doing it. As for simpleton - well he doesnt come over as the brightest does he, he comes over very poorly in his friday article and even worse on TV.  You don''t have to be intelligent to be a football manager however.

I want Worthy Out, but have little to do with the organisation apart from be a member...   i am also a member of NCISA, but I can''t say I agree with everything they do.

I don''t castigate the military, they do a good service.  Rather someone else get shot than me - good on em for wanting to work in such a dangerous job. I just said something along the lines of: I don''t think that a military job is a great grounding for working in another job.  People whom change jobs from the military are very much ''obey your leaders'' types, and need to be told to do everything....  given orders if you like.

That is not taking away from the sterling work the people whom decide to get a job in the military do.

As for Terrorists that is a whole other debate, bad luck to the 50 people killed by those four evil murderers, but I will not be made afraid by media manipulation from the government.  We are not living in Iraq here.