Sign in to follow this  
Ark

So, why not Sutton?

I had been hoping that the fans give Worthy a chance this season... But he just doesn''t seem to help himself... If Sutton wanted to come back to Norwich so much that he got his representatives to contact the club, surely he was willing to take a suitable pay-cut to play out his career Carrow Road? And with such a legend back at the club with a couple of goals in the first few games, surely the manager would be straight back in every Worthy-Outer''s good books. So, for this reason (and the fact that Sutton is the ideal target-man we''re missing up front), I think Worthy has made a BIG miscalculation here.

[quote user="Ark"]I had been hoping that the fans give Worthy a chance this season... But he just doesn''t seem to help himself... If Sutton wanted to come back to Norwich so much that he got his representatives to contact the club, surely he was willing to take a suitable pay-cut to play out his career Carrow Road? And with such a legend back at the club with a couple of goals in the first few games, surely the manager would be straight back in every Worthy-Outer''s good books. So, for this reason (and the fact that Sutton is the ideal target-man we''re missing up front), I think Worthy has made a BIG miscalculation here.
[/quote]Totally agree with you still a legend sutton and you will not get a better target man why worry about his injuries as it is a pay as you play basis does worthy not understand that.

Just read pinkun article refering to Chris Sutton where he says he

would have liked to returned to carrow road but its out of his

hands  .What im suggesting is maybe he is invited  down to

Colney for training for a   week or so to see if he is up to

it or not . If both parties can agree that it  benificial to each

other   surely is worth a punt  .Can you imagine if one of

our neighbouring clubs decide he is worth a go and he  becomes a

sucess we will rue the chance to bring him back home so what i say is

NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED  someone at carrow road get on the

phone and give him a ring  OTBC

[quote user="allways travelling"]

[quote user="Ark"]I had been hoping that the fans give Worthy a chance this season... But he just doesn''t seem to help himself... If Sutton wanted to come back to Norwich so much that he got his representatives to contact the club, surely he was willing to take a suitable pay-cut to play out his career Carrow Road? And with such a legend back at the club with a couple of goals in the first few games, surely the manager would be straight back in every Worthy-Outer''s good books. So, for this reason (and the fact that Sutton is the ideal target-man we''re missing up front), I think Worthy has made a BIG miscalculation here.
[/quote]Totally agree with you still a legend sutton and you will not get a better target man why worry about his injuries as it is a pay as you play basis does worthy not understand that.

[/quote]

Sutton is TOO big a player for Worthy to handle. Just debating this is bringing the WOand KTFers back together again in agreement, imagine what the reality would do for the ''feel good'' factor.

We would again be one group of fans, and even Worthy might become popular again!.

If there''s a God, please make it happen!.

And how much in agents fees?For a player who might only manage a handful of games.

I dont think the manager cares about getting in the WO good books infact I would suggest that he activley dislikes the WO. I think Sutton''s signature would have had the same impact as Fowlers return to Liverpool, there would have been a feel good attitude attributed to it , I dont know what Sutton would have wanted a week but it sounds like Worthington wasn''t even bothered to ask. I sometimes get the impression that the reason he didn''t want to sign Sutton is the same reason he played Andy Hughes 54 times last season, he doesn''t have any respect for the opinion of what he sees as fickle fans.

Why the reference to Worthy''s nationality???

You are entitled to give your opinion of the man but it has nothing to do with his Irish identity.

Show racism the red card - (web team why dont you pick up on this sort thing!)

http://www.srtrc.org/

[quote user="seamus42"](web team why dont you pick up on this sort thing!)[/quote]We do if it''s used in an abusive way, and I deleted another post earlier today; but this didn''t strike me as abusive.

At the end of the day, unless he was able to be bought for around 200k then scrap it.

He''s a good player, but too old and a waste of money, IF ofcourse, we were to pay serious money.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="seamus42"]
(web team why dont you pick up on this sort thing!)
[/quote]

We do if it''s used in an abusive way, and I deleted another post earlier today; but this didn''t strike me as abusive.
[/quote]

You have to ask yourself every time why the nationality is being mentioned...if it adds nothing constructive or relevant, then it is a racist comment. Racism isn''t just about being openly abusive or discriminatory against black people...it''s also the real subtle stuff that flies over most people''s head but unfortunately has an insidiously negative effect on the mindset of people against particular groups...the Irish included.

Unfortunately football has a lot of ground to make up in showing respect to others, and that includes how many refer to our sporting rivals from Suffolk. Competitive but friendly rivalry is great and I hope that the web team can make a point of setting a standard this season for posters. Good Luck!

[quote user="seamus42"]

Unfortunately football has a lot of ground to make up in showing respect to others, and that includes how many refer to our sporting rivals from Suffolk.

[/quote]Ipswich isn''t a race, its just a small town in Suffolk.

Crap, Get a life. This week we have had a racist photographer taking the team photo and now this nonsense. I find racism disgusting, but the pc''s who create issues out of nothing are no better. If I cried racism every time someone called me ginger!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="seamus42"]

Unfortunately football has a lot of ground to make up in showing respect to others, and that includes how many refer to our sporting rivals from Suffolk.

[/quote]

Ipswich isn''t a race, its just a small town in Suffolk.

[/quote]

You miss the point herb...if you are being serious! of course we are not talking ''racism'' in this context but the underlying agenda of ''respect'' for difference... or lack of it, which often operates at an international level, national level, county level, between towns in the same county, schools in the same town or roads within the same village.  As I said earlier, lets enjoy rivalry without abuse...if both parties dont think its funny...then it aint funny.

Seamus,

I find your avatar a little steriotypical.

Try and be more tolerant with the racism thing it isn''t meant to be a stick to beat people with.

I have a lot of fun on here writing challenging posts like ''call me Linda'' which most posters are too politically correctly browbeaten to respond to.

If ''ism''s'' are taken too far they end up being diluted to their proper meanings, disregarded and ineffectual.

Besides, the Irish have traded on their individuality for years.

If he goes to B''ham and scores hatfulls then i will admit it was a huge mistake. But he is old, slow and often injured. Wasn''t impressed at all last season when he was in the premiership.

Judging on his performances last season, instead of those over 10 years ago, I do not think he is worth signing unless it is pay as you play at most.

The PC brigade are almost as bad as actual racists. Nigel Worthington is Irish - it''s a fact. Referring to him as Irish is a fact isn''t it?

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

Crap, Get a life. This week we have had a racist photographer taking the team photo and now this nonsense. I find racism disgusting, but the pc''s who create issues out of nothing are no better. If I cried racism every time someone called me ginger!

[/quote]

You  are obviously made of strong stuff and that may be something to do with why you label yourself as ''Big'', but I suspect that others go through hell because of their hair colour...just another example of a lack of respect and majorities picking on minorities. Dont ridicule my stand on the issue. Its not just PC and its not nonsense. Bullying has ended lives!

Doesn''t it occur to anybody that in a so called civil society, football for all its glamour and good points that we cant trust supporters of different teams to sit together and enjoy the camararderie that operates in other sports such as Rugby.

Make a stand for the ''small'' Big G and accept that too many people are labelled with inappropriate features of their identity because of the negativity that is attached to that feature...I am sure that there is much more to you than your hair colour.

[quote user="seamus42"]

You are entitled to give your opinion of the man but it has nothing to do with his Irish identity.

http://www.srtrc.org/[/quote]

Oh get a grip.

[quote user="seamus42"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="seamus42"]

[/quote]

Ipswich isn''t a race, its just a small town in Suffolk.

[/quote]

You miss the point herb...if you are being serious! of course we are not talking ''racism'' in this context but the underlying agenda of ''respect'' for difference... or lack of it, which often operates at an international level, national level, county level, between towns in the same county, schools in the same town or roads within the same village.  As I said earlier, lets enjoy rivalry without abuse...if both parties dont think its funny...then it aint funny.

[/quote]

It''s people like you that cause many of the problems by making issues of things that aren''t a problem in the first place.  Why does everything have to be about race?  The world would be a far happier place if we all just got on with life without making it all an issue.  Of course proper racists are a bad thing, but let''s have a bit of commons sense, eh?  Unless your posts were a wind up?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Seamus, I find your avatar a little steriotypical. Try and be more tolerant with the racism thing it isn''t meant to be a stick to beat people with. I have a lot of fun on here writing challenging posts like ''call me Linda'' which most posters are too politically correctly browbeaten to respond to. If ''ism''s'' are taken too far they end up being diluted to their proper meanings, disregarded and ineffectual. Besides, the Irish have traded on their individuality for years.[/quote]

Thank goodness Rudolph...I''ve literally just changed it for impact and you are right, it is stereotypical and it will be changed after this thread. All I will add to this thread now is a final point. Its alright to be tolerant if you are in the majority...it is also interesting that there has been no support for the stand i have made on this issue.

Nuff said, I''ll try and get back to the surface issues of football.

I wondered how long it would be until the WOs found another stick to beat Worthy with . . . this is sooo boring, get a life, move on.

How self-centred can you possibly be, if you imagine that Worthy either wants or needs to curry favour with the fans - or, conversely, to antagonise them?

Pathetic.

[quote user="seamus42"]

http://www.srtrc.org/

[/quote]

I dont mean to be offensive, but i have never heard anything so stupid in my entire life. If the poster had said "in the ones coffin" it would have made no sense andf no-one would have known what was going on, all he has done is found a harmless way of identifying NW without mentioning his name. I wouldnt want you to be on the jury if i was up in court, you''d get life for dropping a crisp packet.

By the way, well done Archant and the moderators for letting this thread run.

Whatever the rights and wrongs it does no good not to talk the issue through and learn from it as opposed to being too afraid of the political correctness to even have a debate from which we learn nothing.

I suspect Nigel would take more offence to the use of the word "Clown", than "Irish". Then again maybe clowns would take offence being linked with ‘Nigel’…

As for Sutton back at Norwich?

Well not seen much of him of late, but he was class and we are supposedly looking for a big target man, plus he could always play centre half in his younger days. Is he worth a one year deal? Well depends on wage demands, but think he is a free agent and would be worth inviting to Colony for a try out at least IMHO.

Sure he has another year or more left and we were prepared to pay serious money for that Luton striker who is 30 I believe and never played at Sutton’s level.

Therein lies the problem nowadays. Any comment sets off the politically correct lobby. Any question, challenge or counter point is met with the same bleat - it''s all political correctness. If you don''t like the manager then comment on that. If you don''t like his tactics comment on that.. His birthplace should have no bearing on either of the former.

For those who see no wrong then explain why Paul McVeigh has never been refered to as the Irish one, or that Etuho is never refered to as the black one. Yet Etuho is black, "that is a fact" - to quote one poster on this thread.

Odd how a such usage only appears when the person in question has fallen out of favour.

Worthy won''t have him because he''ll be popular whatever he does. The biggest thing we''re lacking is any sense of feel-good. Whether your''re a Worthy out or Worthy in no-one feels good at the moment. Worthy will not risk anyone becoming a star as it is the antithesis of what he stands for. It''s an utter crying shame. If Sutton came and did nothing it would be a fabulous move.

Get him out now. The man from Ireland.
..and bring in Martin O''Neill (I know it''s a pipe dream but I think you know what I mean).
Racist my ar*e.