Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Which way is better

I know that the overall goal is the same, but is it not a bit of an anti-climax to go up via Sunderland''s failing to win either tomorrow or Saturday?

So, the question is. Is it more exciting to go up via

(a) Last game winner/play-offs etc

or

(b) Eventual running out of points by other teams?

Obviously it would be good if Sunderland win both and we then beat Watford.

Obviously it''s far more exciting to go up in the play offs. But I''m perfectly happy to take the boringness of Sunderland running out of games thank you very much! Next year nobody will care where you finish in the 1st Division.

I certainly will if we fail to be champs, to end up as second to a non footballing heap of cr*p such as Albion will hurt for a long time to come.

Albions 92 nd minute winner completely screwed up what had been a perfect weekend Glos, Broncs and City all winning, but depressed that Albion are 2 points closer now need 10 points from last 4 to be certain, noone remembers runners up, its champs or chumps, read DH comments in EDP on Saturday.

I''m not sorry to be spared the agony of the playoffs.
Maybe the main advantage of getting early automatic promotion is that we steal a march on all those other teams who don''t know whether or not they will be in the Prem next year. With the certainty we have we can put out feelers for some of the players I call the Premiership bottom feeders - those who jump ship from a relegated team and take up with a newly promoted or one of the smaller Prem clubs. With any luck we''ll be at the front of the queue when they become available.

Much rather win the championship, Also presumeably there is more prize money. Anyone know what the breakdown is?

I don''t want Ipswich to get into the play off finals though, because that would help replenish their coffers a bit.

So, bearing in mind that it will be far more fun & exciting to enjoy ''the rush'' of being promoted on Saturday, is it foolish to support Sunderland tomorrow night??

I''m assuming that if Sunderland get 6 points from Wigan & Palace, and we only draw at Watford, the ''official'' celebrations can''t start, as it is mathmatically possible that Sunderland win their next couple of games 10-0?

wow, this board is getting all tense again

lighten up, you all know we are going up as champions

come on, let''s celebrate if it happens tomorrrow and then have a party at watford

and as for the play offs, leave them to those in them

we don''t need them this year!!!