Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Delia Interview in the Observer

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1833477,00.html

''We are a good passing side, better suited to Premiership football,'' says Delia

I am not sure what games Delia was watching last season.... probably just bigging up our reputation in the media however, with those little white ones! [:P]

[/quote]

Well technically Delia is right we are a passing side, it''s just that most of our passes are 120m long and go astray

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

Well technically Delia is right we are a passing side, it''s just that most of our passes are 120m long and go astray

[/quote]

thats true

and about 150 feet high

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1833477,00.html

''We are a good passing side, better suited to Premiership football,'' says Delia

I am not sure what games Delia was watching last season.... probably just bigging up our reputation in the media however, with those little white ones! [:P]

[/quote]

Just a point of interest CJF - other than last season when would you say that we weren''t a passing team?

You could argue the premiership although there are plenty of quotes from pundits and opposition managers praising our passing game and how we try to win games honestly - including good old Jose.

We were the best passing team in the division the season we were promoted - no one even came close. The season before that seems to be the last time prior to last season that you could really argue that we were not a good passing team.

So I think it is fair to suggest that out of four seasons prior to last season there is one that you could argue was not a great display in passing football. I think its fair to say that Norwich are therefore a passing side - at least we have a history of prefering the ball being knocked about which I dont think has changed. Isnt that why a lot of people have kicked up a fuss - because we are used to passing football and last season it fell apart but for one or two games when we turned it on such as Shef Utd away?

Just cos you wouldn''t want a space for worship doesn''t mean others wouldn''t use it. Heck- if I offered to act as Chaplain for free would they give me tickets? !!!

her radio norfolk interview, more than ever, just made my put my head in my hands and think WTF?

I didn''t actually say I wouldn''t want a place of worship Vicar, I said the idea left me lost for words. I think I am ambivalent about the concept and just wonder about the idea being aired by Delia.

To me it sounds like one of her personal obsessions, like Chase''s bike sheds and makes me wonder just how much the Club is actually her pet project as opposed to something belonging to the fans as she likes to portray.

Kind of takes you back to the middle ages with church''s being built by families as symbols of their wealth along with private pews and crypts while the ordinary folk had to be grateful for charity.

Well at least we know she is alive and kicking!! Thought she emigrated last May as havent heard from her since then.

Lets be aving you Delia, whats the plan for this season?

I note,Mr Rankin, that you fail to mention that she also said that ''the fans were right to protest as there were some dire games''.

Thats the first time I''ve heard a member of the board say that but it doesn''t really suit your spin on things to report it , does it ??

To paraphrase Delia to some extent, on a good day, Carrow Road is a place of worship, just not very often recently.

On Delia herself and indeed Michael WJ, like a lot of things at the club opinions change with the clubs performance, when things are going well we admire their true supporter enthusiasm and wide eyed optimism / naivety as touching and charming and just what we need at the helm, in less enjoyable times their musings and ramblings can easily be portrayed as idiotic and out of touch. They have also either decided or been advised to keep a low profile for the last 6 months or so, of that there is no doubt, but perhaps whatever they would or could have said would have been inflammatory to some.  

[quote user="Maverick"]

I note,Mr Rankin, that you fail to mention that she also said that ''the fans were right to protest as there were some dire games''.

Thats the first time I''ve heard a member of the board say that but it doesn''t really suit your spin on things to report it , does it ??

[/quote]

Just doing a bit of NCFC style spin.....  Anyway I put a link to the whole article and was only taking the mick out of the line Delia used.....  I could have copied across that worrying churchy religious stuff [+o(].

I find it deeply disturbing that Delia would like to build a chapel at Carrow Road - religion has nothing to do with Norwich City Football Club - if she wants to pursue this crazy idea then she should sell her shares and build it somewhere else.

A building of myth is not in the interest of NCFC.

At the first home game, I''ll down 3 bl**dy Mary''s before I take my ''pew''.......[:S]

I respect and commend her strong religious beliefs.........But, I personally think, that there are far more important matters to be addressed - before the idea of a chapel or place of worship is constructed.....

I thought this thread  might degenerate into a Delia bashing  orgy ....  but its not  really been that bad !   

Vicar , the whole stadium is a church ! I know , I`ve heard  thousands praying ....  send a letter to the club about  your offer ..... don`t hold your breath !!

Personally , I think Delia  is one cool lady  ,  while all  the puffed up chef  gits   were    drooling on  about sauces  and presentation  etc etc  , she  homed in on the main  problem ... there`s millions out there  who havent a clue  about the basics !    its that nous   that will serve us well  ,  the instinct  of knowing  .............

I have to say I''d rather she concentrated on raising money to build a team as opposed to the idea of building money to raise a church at the ground.

Dear Delia,

I''m so glad that you''ve had a lovely month touring round Europe and not had to worry about the lack of signings our club hasn''t made.

As for being excited about the new season, perhaps you could share with us what you think has changed but then as you havent been to any of the pre season friendlies I guess you''re not in a position to judge. Well trust me nothing has changed!

Lastly I was so glad to hear that you thought the football was dire last season and could understand why the protests took place. Thats very important to me because guess what, if your Worthy doesn''t get out team playing passing football, doesn''t show some passion on the touchline, slates the fans and generally doesnt get results then we''ll be protesting yet again, maybe you''ll join us this time!!

Get it sorted Delia

Lots of Love

Diane x

I wonder if Delia does indeed read all her fanmail CA? 

Whatever she may utter in public, either via a national paper or through the club spin machine, she has the best interests of the club at heart, she is sometimes somewhat misguided though at how to achieve the best results.  She and NW may have a cosy working relationship, but should things go the same way this season as last I really doubt she will stick with him.  ST renewals (and the income from such) will be at the forefront of her mind, (and Doncaster''s) and she, like all of us, will be hoping that we achieve the success of which most of the team are capable.  I am not saying we will get promoted, I think we are a long way from that, but maybe the new coach has taught them to pass to each other and not treat the ball as a hot potato.  We can all dream.

Remember NCISA AGM on Thursday 19th October when Delia, MWJ and A Cullen will be there to answer supporter questions.  You, and many more of us, will get our chance to hear her plans for the club then. 

Gazza,

I don''t think she reads any of her mail. I wrote to her about 5 years ago when  our bank was raising money for the Big C appeal asking nicely for a shirt to auction and got no reply, reminded her once and then rang the club but didnt get anywhere.

In the end I explained the situation to one of our first team players and he returned a week later with a signed shirt, signed football and 2 tickets to a home game which raised £100 towards our £2500 total.

Yes I''m looking forward to the 19th Oct, shame it couldn''t be an earlier, probably a tactical move don''t you think [:D]

CA

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes I''m looking forward to the 19th Oct, shame it couldn''t be an earlier, probably a tactical move don''t you think [:D]

[/quote]

Is that you commending ncisa angel?

Afraid not Rossi, they will have to do much more than organise 2 or 3 fans forums a season to get me onside [:D]