Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

worthy and sutton the truth & facts

How on earth could anyone know if they know your brother, if you are not prepared to tell us who this brother is.

As to the point it would seem that the club is criticised for supposedly not being active in bringing in players yet when it does make comment on a player based I what I suspect is reasoned checking it is then attacked.

Likewise the claim of ''little Norwich''. Why should some ''ex star'' decide where he will while away his twilight career. ? Are we to be grateful and touch our forelocks ?

The pay to play idea is nonsense and fraught with problems. The eternal bleaters would spend most of their waking hours on here filling up the board with their endless whining every time Sutton was not played claiming that the club was penny pinching by not wanting to spend.

Sutton has had his day, and has been well rewarded for it. The club should show as much sentiment as Sutton would have shown had he had been playing for another club against us.

Thanks for the memories but no thanks.

It''s certainly funny that all these people crying "little Norwich" will allow a player to dictate whether he wants to come back or not. Doesn''t sound like the hallmark of a "big" club to me.

Can you imagine Roy Keane saying .... "I think I''ll give football another go - Ok Man Utd, where''s my contract??? I don''t want that much money ....."

And all those that are stating Robbie Fowler as a case in point - Benitez scouted Fowler, Fowler didn''t just say "Ahhh, I fancy a move back to my old club".

didnt worthington also say fowler was past it? he was only good enough to play for champions league winners liverpool but not norwich when we were offered him on a free according to worthington-so i think what he has to say about sutton is a valid point

[quote user="theolster"]

point 4-that is my point-that worthington has no qualms about thornes age or fitness or he would have let him go this summer!

point 6 - huckerby? i think you may have been drinking that mushroom tea again, because i dont quite think darren huckerby is quite as big as name as chris sutton

[/quote]

point 6: Sutton is not such a big name as he thinks he is.  His reputation stems largely from his partnership with Alan Shearer. 

Hucks is an England B international.  Sutton is not, because he thought a B cap was beneath his dignity. 

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="theolster"]

point 4-that is my point-that worthington has no qualms about thornes age or fitness or he would have let him go this summer!

point 6 - huckerby? i think you may have been drinking that mushroom tea again, because i dont quite think darren huckerby is quite as big as name as chris sutton

[/quote]

point 6: Sutton is not such a big name as he thinks he is.  His reputation stems largely from his partnership with Alan Shearer. 

Hucks is an England B international.  Sutton is not, because he thought a B cap was beneath his dignity. 

[/quote]

Ah but your forgetting that Chris has scored more runs for Drayton than Hucks.

[quote user="pete"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="theolster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah but your forgetting that Chris has scored more runs for Drayton than Hucks.

[/quote]

Cheers Pete.  At last, a ''FACT'' that no one can possibly argue with . . . or have I spoken too soon? 

with no other irons in the fire, surely taking sutton on a pay as you play contract would be worth a gamble.  as steve bruce said, he was a class act in training, although he didn''t produce the goods entirely on the pitch.  at champs level, sutton would be another proposition imo.  certainly, he''s the equal of thorne at least and is probably superior to either jarvis or hendo - and on that basis he must be worth a punt, unless another front man can be brought in as first choice alongside earnie and at the moment that doesn''t look likely.

[quote]Why don''t you all just agree to meet up, stick on some bright red noses and over-sized shoes and wrestle to the death.[/quote]

for what it''s worth Death, that made me laugh. :)

fact, fact, fact,..... sutton has openly said he would love to play for norwich. worthy wont have him (wrong choice, but his choice).

pete, sutton had to play in midfield because of the physical battle of playing up front, it appears you have never played football because anyone who has played will tell you that its more physical in midfield than up-front.

while i''m having a rant, what is the plank making statements about being a catholic on about, are you on a p***take or what. not being catholic (what sort of club are celtic????). 

worthy has done some good for the club, but he has also made alot of mistakes and i feel this is one of them. sutton is a versitile player and whichever club gets him will have a good signing, i feel that it is a shame that that club wont be norwich.