Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

worthy and sutton the truth & facts

my brother plays with chris with drayton cricket club and ill just point out some true facts to you.

1.chris wants to come back on a cheap pay as you play deal as he has made his money and simply wants to retire at his home town club no matter waht cash they offer be it 1 grand or 20!

2.Worthy says he is not intersested in chris as he dosent want a 32 year old target man.

3.steve howard was 30-only 2 years younger than chris

4,peter thorne is 34-2 years older than chris-unproven at this club-and injury plagued-scored 1 goal last year.]#

5.worthington constantly contradicts himself on this subject

6.worthington will not bring a big name player to this club as it is a threat to his status-FACT!

OK, heres some more.

1. Chris is very arrogant if he thinks that all he has to do is turn up in Norfolk and Norwich will sign him.

2. Chris played most of his last season at Celtic as a midfielder because he couldn''t take the physical battle of being a target man.

3. Chris is injury prone.

4. Chris has a history of throwing his toys out of the pram if he does not get his own way.

5. Despite being available since the end of the season Chris has not been offered a contract anywhere. 

6. If Chris clashed with Worthington there would only be one winner and thats the manager - FACT!

[quote user="theolster"]

6.worthington will not bring a big name player to this club as it is a threat to his status-FACT!

[/quote]

Huckerby, Ashton, Earnshaw.

What was that you were saying about facts?

Lets wheel out the ''Factometer'' and take a look at this properly. It''s time to play ''Real or No Real''

Todays contestant is theolster from Norfolk. In round one we ask you give us some facts about Chris Sutton and Worthy. We use the factometer to establish the validity of these statements and score them out of ten.

With six statements offered, you are playing for a chance to get 60 points. 50 points or more puts you through into round two and a chance to win a speedboad or a caravan.

Is everyone ready? Lets play Real or No Real!

my brother plays with chris with drayton cricket club and ill just point out some true facts to you.

The factometer says: This is probably true. There would be little reason to lie here, unless to provide some sort of minor celeb claim to fame tag. 9/10

1.chris wants to come back on a cheap pay as you play deal as he has made his money and simply wants to retire at his home town club no matter waht cash they offer be it 1 grand or 20!

The factometer says: This is possible, however it is unlikely that any player would play for anything. Probably an exagerated statement. 6/10

2.Worthy says he is not intersested in chris as he dosent want a 32 year old target man.

The factometer says: This statement is true Worthington does not want another old target man with injury problems. 10/10

3.steve howard was 30-only 2 years younger than chris

The factometer says: This is also correct. At 30 Steve Howard is younger than Sutton at 32 10/10

4,peter thorne is 34-2 years older than chris-unproven at this club-and injury plagued-scored 1 goal last year.]#

The factometer says: Correct. At 34, Thorne is two years older than Sutton, is also injury plagued and also failed to score more than one goal last season. 10/10

5.worthington constantly contradicts himself on this subject

The factometer says: On the subject of Sutton, Worthington has not contradicted himself in any instance. He has always maintained he does not want to sign him because he is too old and injury prone. 0/10

The factometer says: Does your brother also play cricket with Worthy?  May be true but Chris Sutton cannot speak for another individual and how he feels about big name signings. There is no evidence to support this. 1/10

That''s the end of round one ladies and gentlemen. theolster scores 46 points and short of the 50 point mark. I''m afraid to say you''ll be leaving us now and won''t have a chance to go for the big prize.

Anyway folks, I hope you''ve enjoyed the show and be sure to tune in next week when we will have another contestant chancing their arm on Real or No Real!

''the olster waves at the camera''

Can I really be bothered to reply to this?  Nothing better to do while the tea is brewing, so might as well . . .

Point 4: we already have one injury-prone 34 year old, so why do we need another one?

Point 6: Darren Huckerby

Tea up!

so huckerby ashton and earnshaw are big as names as sutton are they? oh yeah i forgot because huckerby wasnt a journey man midfielder brought in from man city reserves,earnshaw wasnt a player deemed not good enough for the premiership by relegated west brom,and ashton was signed by worlwide known crewe alexandrer! Compared to suttons stream of scottish trophys and premiership title with blackburn i agree that all 3 are bigger names than sutton

1. hes no more injury prone than the rest of our squad

2. So you prefer peter thorne to chris sutton

3.can play in midfield? isnt that to our advantage or would you rather play hughes?

4.name me a player who dosent throw his toys out of the pram when he dosent play

5.he never said he would expect to walk straight in the team he knows he will have to fight for a place-thats you adding a twist!

6.he has been offered contracts by 2 premiershi[p clubs and 3 champuionship clubs and i know that for a FACT!

did any of you actually read this message properly or am i the only one who can see what hes getting at. Oh and yellow rages seems to think this forum is his platform for his bland sense of humour........muppet! why have so many city fans got there heads in the sand?????/

[quote]Peter Thorne  or Chris Sutton , Thorne is not fit to tie Suttons bootlaces[/quote]

...Which is a shame, because Chris doesn''t appear to be fit enough to tie up his own.

[quote user="barkertwist"]did any of you actually read this message properly or am i the only one who can see what hes getting at. Oh and yellow rages seems to think this forum is his platform for his bland sense of humour........muppet! why have so many city fans got there heads in the sand?????/[/quote]

Do you have a specific Muppet in mind? Or are you being as vague author of the post.

" worthington will not bring a big name player to this club as it is a threat to his status-FACT! "

No, that is not fact. It is conjecture on your part put out as part of what I would suggest is a wish to attack Nigel Worthington. You have also previously posted up another attack this time on the basis on Nigel Worthington''s position with the club.

Well here''s a suggestion. Maybe you could ell us who this brother of yours is so that the Pinkun could perhaps interview him ? Maybe at the same time you might wish to let us know who this ''good authority'' is so as to confirm your claims in the same way as above.

Without such verification there are those who may feel that your so called insider information is no more than the fabrications of someone with an axe to grind against our club manager.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Peter Thorne  or Chris Sutton , Thorne is not fit to tie Suttons bootlaces[/quote]

...Which is a shame, because Chris doesn''t appear to be fit enough to tie up his own.

[/quote]

Can you PROVE he is currently not fit?

Or is this more blind sticking up for Worthy?

CONCLUSION:
worthingotn won''t sign sutton but all of us here know that sutton is a much better player than thorne.

[quote user="pete"]

6. If Chris clashed with Worthington there would only be one winner and thats the manager - FACT![/quote]

Indcidentally, putting "FACT!" at the end of a sentence just makes you sound like this bloke:http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/characters/images/david_hips_800.jpg

Just a couple of quick points, as people do seem to be letting truth get in the way of their "Facts".  It is amazing how people can lie so bare facedly, but rather than being 2 years younger than Thorne, Chris Sutton is actually OLDER than Peter Thorne: Sutton was born on 10/3/73, Thorne on 21/6/73. 

This does mean that in the initial list of "facts", nos 2,3 and 4 are completely, totally and utterly, wrong. 

[quote user="pete"]

OK, heres some more.

1. Chris is very arrogant if he thinks that all he has to do is turn up in Norfolk and Norwich will sign him.

2. Chris played most of his last season at Celtic as a midfielder because he couldn''t take the physical battle of being a target man.

3. Chris is injury prone.

4. Chris has a history of throwing his toys out of the pram if he does not get his own way.

5. Despite being available since the end of the season Chris has not been offered a contract anywhere. 

6. If Chris clashed with Worthington there would only be one winner and thats the manager - FACT!

[/quote]

Hear , Hear !!

if chris would play on a pay as you play deal then what do we have to lose?

if someone can come up with an answer to that then i may change my mind - until then as we have no plan c - the stance i take is bring sutton back!! he''s also a better back up for the centre backs that over the hill flem.

[quote user="komakino"]Maybe Delia won''t sanction the return of Sutton as he isn''t a Catholic.[/quote]

Nor is Worthy so what difference will that make?

As the argument against signing Sutton seems based on his fitness I thought I''d ask my mate who is a rocket scientist what he thought, after a brain storming session with his colleagues he came to the conclusion that we should invite Chris to have a medical, so there you are folks!

[quote user="Rossi"]

if chris would play on a pay as you play deal then what do we have to lose?

if someone can come up with an answer to that then i may change my mind - until then as we have no plan c - the stance i take is bring sutton back!! he''s also a better back up for the centre backs that over the hill flem.

[/quote]

We wouldn''t have a great deal to loose Rossi. That''s not what we object to. We object to inacurate comments and slander as the reasons for signing the man up.

This thread is a classic in a special way of how people make up rediculous occurances and stats that simply don''t or never have existed, all in the name of making people look incompetent.

The good thing is though that, as normal these individuals are corrected and the result is that they look incompetent. The only problem is that they will no doubt return with some more ficticious nonesense in the future.

Back to the point though, I have no problem with taking Sutton on trial. I''d like to see that.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

Indcidentally, putting "FACT!" at the end of a sentence just makes you sound like this bloke:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/characters/images/david_hips_800.jpg

[/quote]

Hey, don''t pick on me, I was only parodying the original post! - FACT!

This thread is fast descending into farce, and not the intelligent and sophisticated kind, either. Why don''t you all just agree to meet up, stick on some bright red noses and over-sized shoes and wrestle to the death.

Yellow Rages is right in what he says - the objection to Sutton isn''t that we don''t think he''s good enough, or that it''s a risk, it''s the way in which Worthy''s statements that he isn''t interested is being used to try to make him look like an incompetent buffoon. Are we also saying that all of the other 23 managers in this league are buffoons as well, because none of them have signed him either.

I''m a firmly in the Worthy Out camp, but more and more I''m losing sympathy for the cause because of hysterical rumour mongering and bitching by some of the more extreme protestors.

Oh, and I love how people state their own opinion, then say "FACT". Duh...