Sign in to follow this  
Rotherhithe Canary

BEST CHAMPIONSHIP 11

Drury and Doherty on top of their game, too. Perhaps not Green though.

The best championship 11 is

green

kelly    upson   davies    drury

greening  lawrence  gera   huckerby

earnshaw   forssell

subs: taylor, ward, safri, nicholls, healy   

If this list was compiled at the end of the coming season, it would be very likely none of the mentioned players would be in the list.

Green and Earnshaw will be gone by January, ruling them out. Safri doesn''t play enough games due to injury and religion, so he''s out of the running aswell. That leaves Hucks, who would walk it if he played like he did three years ago. But this is now, so er... no. Unfortunately.

If my money had to go on any City player, then it would be Lee Croft. Young, hungry (excluding pies) and something to prove, he could be the surprise package.

Green

kelly      upson      davis      drury

greening   gera      safri         mcsheffrey

earnshaw      jerome

Taylor

Kelly Upson Davies Drury

Danns Koumas Whitehead Hucks

Jerome Earnshaw

Too many green and yellow tinted spectacles. Based on last season''s form, I would say the only possibility is Earnshaw but even he would have tough competition.

the only norwich player id have in is earnshaw.

i think most of the best 11 are made up of west brom and birmingham players.

[quote user="Dionysus"]Too many green and yellow tinted spectacles. Based on last season''s form, I would say the only possibility is Earnshaw but even he would have tough competition.[/quote]

exactly my thoughts, three years ago different story!

Drury, best left back in this division? Is that a joke?

Drury on top form would be there (as would Green, Safri and maybe Shackell) but realistically I would plump for Earnshaw and Huckerby every time.

If Drury is the best in the division then it dos`nt say much for the rest.  Ok his defending,especially in a one on one situation, is very good. unfortunately that is the one facet to his game. His distribution is awful at best and when in the opposition`s half he resembles a rabbit in the headlights. Seems to be another case of the yellow and green tinted specs.

[quote user="vaz_ncfc"]Drury, best left back in this division? Is that a joke?[/quote]Totally agree he''s far from the best especially after that performance on Saturday. His main problem is inconsitancy one minute he''s making a great tackle the next he''s completely out of position not marking his man. And why the hell he was going to completly the other side of the pitch to take corners, leaving us completely open at left back , is beyond me