Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

Target Man

As Mr Busy has exhausted his two half-arsed striker enquiries for the pre-season, I think we should help him out by pointing out a few more potential signings that would improve the squad.

Steve Brooker - Bristol City, Jon Parkin - Hull, Grant Holt - Forest

All within our budget and big skilful players. Anybody else got any more?

(N.B. Although if anyone says Sutton I think I might cry)

Brooker would be my personal choice... although Bristol rejected my £350 000 offer last night... Though that may have been on Football Manager... I forget.

i''m still uncertain whether we need a target man

with mckenzie and earnie we have to very mobile forwards who will scare defenders and take them apart however can we supply them on floor because a target man would allow us a little more option when in possession

I think in this league you need some size and strength to compete and increase your options. As much as I''d love to have Earnie and leon up front as they''re both top class players, they need someone to play them in. Ideally we''d have a deep-lying centre-forward who can win headers and have Earnie, Hucks and Croft ready to sprint onto the knockdowns.

It should be noted that Worthy probably has only £400K of his budget left - so it''s looking like loan signings at best unless we can earth some rough diamond for a small fee.