Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

UNBELIEVABLE

I''ve noticed various comments on various threads (not just on this message board but other City ones as well) with people already sniping at Croft for "looking a bit big", and "being no stranger to a meat pie".

For Gods sake, we''ve spent a lot of cash on a well-respected youngster who the majority of impartial observers reckon could be a very good player. He''s 21, he''s never been away from home or played for another club, and what happens as soon as he gets to his new club? A bunch of playground bullies on a website want to pick on the new kid and call him Fatty. For Gods sake, please put some thought into what you are posting.

Those of you who''ve seen my posts before will know that I''m a gobby sod that will happily put the boot into an individual at the club if I think it''s deserved, but there''s a line and I think a few thoughtless individuals are crossing it for no reason other than blowing hot air. On the off chance that Lee Croft has a look at the fans sites, being of the age where computer literacy in footballers isn''t something to be sneered at for once, I hope he dismisses anything of this sort as being the work of troubled individuals with personal issues and not representative of any true City fans.

Lay off the kid. I don''t care if he''s the size of a house (for the record I don''t think he''s any bigger than someone like Hughes or Drury), if he can sprint down the wing as quickly as is rumoured then I''m a happy man.

Well said Canary02.

Unfortunately this board does have it''s fair share of idiots - grown adults who will sneer and snipe at everything the club and it''s players does, whilst complaining that the "kids" of the board don''t know what they''re talking about.

I find it''s best to just ignore them...

Hear Hear.

McKenzie was called a cart-horse by a certain hat-wearing poster before he''d ever played a game for us, Svensson was slated as a premiership reject before he''d ever played, Doherty was a laughing stock to our fans when we signed him ....

When will people learn.

Couldn''t agree more tbh.

I''ve only been on the boards a week, and i''m genuinely apalled at the

attitude and comments being made by so-called ''fans'' of the club.

We moan about not having a winger for 2 years, then when Worthy signs a

good young prospect who has performed at U20 level for England, we get

childish name calling.

No offence, but WTF is wrong with some of you? I appreciate this is a

forum to air views and concerns, but there really should be no place

for this sort of thing.

God, if I was a player looking to go to a club and I saw posts like

this about me potentially signing for someone, i''d be tempted to tell

the club where to stick it (unless it was a fantastic opportunity

obviously).

There''s a famous saying, "If you ain''t got anything nice to say, don''t

say anything at all", maybe some posters should consider this before

they add their next set of replies.

If you are reading these posts Crofty, ignore the fools and just get on

with playing like some of us know you are capable of. A very big

welcome to the club :)

I agree, everyone says Andy Reid is big too as weel, but tottenham have said he is one of the fittest players.   Some players r different shapes, and if he is good then who cares.  Give the guy a chance, I cant wait to see a decent winger, actually doing something, and he is young and not a journey man!  so give the guy a while before getting on his back.

Agree entirely.

There''s much going on that I really don''t approve of but signings of this quality are to be applauded.

Too many times opposing teams have been able to double up on Hux because our right flank threat has been non-existent. Should open things up nicely with Croft on the right.

We have bought a well respected young player ? no we have bought a Man City reserve lets not get carried away .As for McKenzie well carthorse may be a bit strong , but he would be better suited a division lower .

[quote user="We need a Manager"] .As for McKenzie well carthorse may be

a bit strong , but he would be better suited a division lower .[/quote]

Man U didn''t think so a couple of seasons back.

rooney is a great example of this. you dont have to be skinny to play football. as far as im concerned only good things should be said about himself as a player, and also getting him here, becuase i for once agree with worthy and say he could well be a very good bargain.

"Man U didn''t think so a couple of seasons back."

I would put money on it that W.N.A.M. was singing his praises then, too. But hey - that''s what being a fan is all about apparently. Sing when you''re winning, whinge about everything and everyone when you''re not.

''''We need a manager''''

Since i have joined this forum, i have not seen one bit of nice comments come from your mouth.

I just find it funny sometimes, if Nigel Went at the end of last season, and a new manager took over, realised we had no decent right-winger and bought Croft, i bet you would be like, Yay!! see nigel! thats what u didn''t do!

But oh no, because it''s Nigel who signed himm its the complete opposite. 8-)

[quote user="We need a Manager"]We have bought a well respected young player ? no we have bought a Man City reserve lets not get carried away .As for McKenzie well carthorse may be a bit strong , but he would be better suited a division lower .[/quote]

Huckerby was a Man City reserve too don''t forget. The lack of transfer activity across the whole four divisions implies that those who can afford to are stockpiling players to cover positions several times over, a result of the transfer window restrictions I suspect. West Ham have about five or six out and out strikers now in case of injuries other teams could field two possibly three squads simultaneously if neccesary with strength in depth. Rotation systems etc will become the norm..........

So being a Prem reserve these days doesn''t carry the stigma it may once have done, there are some top class players looking forwards to a season of partial or non appearances as if they''re on your bench whether you play them or not the one place they''re not is on the pitch playing against you for another club. Never have so many been owned by so few!

You are so right nh ncfc , you wont hear a kind word from me about Worthington i cannot stand the sight or sound of the man and the only thing he could possibly do to please me is hand in his resignation. As for Croft he is what i say a Man City reserve and to compare him with Huckerby is nonsense Huckerby had been a first team player at quite a few clubs before Man City , Croft has about 4 starts to his name .Heres hoping for 5 straight defeats and a sacking.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]We have bought a well respected young player ? no we have bought a Man City reserve lets not get carried away .As for McKenzie well carthorse may be a bit strong , but he would be better suited a division lower .[/quote]Mckenzie a division lower you cant be the full ticket.Every club needs a grafter and he definateley is one but he also knows where the net is given the service.With regard to croft i think you could be in for a suprise the lad is tops mark my words great capture.

[quote user="nh_ncfc"]''''We need a manager'''' Since i have joined this forum, i have not seen one bit of nice comments come from your mouth. I just find it funny sometimes, if Nigel Went at the end of last season, and a new manager took over, realised we had no decent right-winger and bought Croft, i bet you would be like, Yay!! see nigel! thats what u didn''t do! But oh no, because it''s Nigel who signed himm its the complete opposite. 8-)[/quote]

Stand by for another whinge from  "wnam" if Worthy doesn''t play Croft for 90 minutes on Saturday.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]We have bought a well respected young player ? no we have bought a Man City reserve lets not get carried away .As for McKenzie well carthorse may be a bit strong , but he would be better suited a division lower .[/quote]

If as you say, Wnam, McKenzie is better suited to a division lower, then full credit to Worthy for bringing out the best in him.

(If you think I''m trying to wind you up Wnam, you''re dead right.)

btw, have you renewed your season ticket?

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Heres hoping for 5 straight defeats[/quote]That sums you up in a handy phrase.You''re not a supporter. Your statement above shows it, beyond doubt.Which begs the question, what on earth are you doing on this board?

To be honest, I hardly post on here or any of the boards that I frequent simply because I get fed up of constant and unacceptable whinging from certain quarters.

By all means criticise players who aren''t pulling their weight (no pun intended), but to have a go at someone before they even pull a shirt on is taking it too far. If you want to conduct such childish mud slinging, please go and watch matches at Portman Road or the Molineux.

At this moment in time, the slate is clean for the whole team in my eyes, and when they step out at 3.00 on Saturday, they will have 100% of my support because thats what being a City supporter means to me.

OTBC

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]What is unbelievable Mystic is that you currently have only five posts to your name. Are you an imposter?[/quote]

Well spotted Rude Old/Linda.  No, its me but I''m being pissed about by my ISP. 

Croft''s not fat!...........He''s just big-boned!..........[:|]

Give the lad time [O]  .........the proof is in the pudding!   Although, I think he could do with eating a few less......"oops sorry!" [pi][B][D] 

WNAM,

I don''t know who you support but it sure as hell isn''t NCFC. And, yes, you are entitled to your opinion but even you must see that you immediately undermine any credence such opinion may have with your inane drivel?!   

" At this moment in time, the slate is clean for the whole team in my eyes, and when they step out at 3.00 on Saturday, they will have 100% of my support because thats what being a City supporter means to me. "

Hear hear

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

Someone''s obviously been paying attention:

http://www.thenest-ncfc.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=121&mode=&order=0&thold=0

[/quote]

The Libero wrote: "So when Worthington and the club say Jarrett simply couldn’t settle, they are telling the truth. "

Utter cack, there was a training ground bust-up between Worthy and Jarrett.  hence why he was shipped out on loan in the middle of a midfield crisis.

He enjoyed his time at metropolitan midlands city Plymouth!!!  lol  struggle to settle.....  more like not picked, played at right wing when picked, played whilst still recovering from injury and scapegoated by the clown, fans getting on his back probably didnt help either. 

Ralph, I find myself agreeing with you 100% (which is a surprise to me!!). I am a crtic of NW and the board, and I do not feel that it makes me a bad person, or less of a supporter that said I do dislike criticism for the sake of it, and for anybody to have a go at a player before he has even kicked a ball for us is beyond me.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" At this moment in time, the slate is clean for the whole team in my eyes, and when they step out at 3.00 on Saturday, they will have 100% of my support because thats what being a City supporter means to me. " Hear hear[/quote]

At this moment in time, Lee Croft''s ''plate'' is licked clean........

Jokin apart, yes Saturday comes - and I will forget all that has been divulged on this most excellent footy forum (and I mean that so sincerely folks!) and cheer the boys on - to beat the Yorkie Leeds! C''MON CITY! [Y] ;~)