Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Leeds v Norwich Prediction thread

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Although all points matter, to me what matters most is the attitude and performance of the players on the pitch, and the way Worthington and co conduct themselves on the touchline.  Some encouragement maybe, not just sitting there, arms folded.

At the moment we don''t seem to be too hampered with injuries, so every position should be filled with the best candidate for that position.  If we can go out and play some intelligent passing football, not defend too deep, resort to panic hoofball, defend a lead for the whole match etc, etc I will be somewhat convinced lessons have been learnt from last year.

A 1-0 or 2-0 loss is no disgrace if we play to win and compete, hopefully with some creativity and flair. 

Yes, I am hard to please, but I want the best for my club, and also for those fans travelling to Leeds.

[/quote]

Too true !      the fans can take a loss  here and there [ if it doesn`t get to be a habit ...]     but they will soon be howling for blood  if they see a team  with no fight in them ! 

Pure guesswork at this stage , but Leeds at home ...  looks a draw to me

I think we will win 2 nil... for those that think we will get a hammering, have you seen whats happened during Leed''s preseason, to say its been a shambles is an understatement, i dont see them finishing above mid table.

Incidentally if they hadnt had the above, i would of gone for a draw.

Glad our first game is away from home, give the lads to get some confidence up and get rid of some of this vitriol.

I think we will lose 2-1 but it will be close and earnshaw will score. I just cant see many goals coming from anywhere else in the team unless mcviegh plays

Leeds to win a comfortable 2-0. We will get outplayed in central midfield because we don''t have one, with Earnie getting bored of receiving no service and dreaming of January.

Usual bull from Worthy post-match - ''positive signs, hard-work ethic'' etc. What will Neil Adams say?

I think it''s dependant on the formation and personnel we use at Leeds.  Worthington favoured 4-5-1 last season away, and has kept this formation during some of the pre-season ''away'' games.  Leeds'' injury problems are mounting, are there''s going to be a little unrest after Livermore signed from Millwall, then was sold 11 days later to Hull!  This is the ideal opportunity to bury last season and get off to a good start against an under strength Leeds team.

I''m hoping for a 4-4-2, with a midfield of Hucks, Safri, Ethuhu and Mcveigh giving service to McKenzie and Earnie.  I think Earnie needs that support up front, rather than playing the loan striker.  McKenzie has been played on the flank during pre-season so maybe expect McVeigh and him to swap around.

As for the scoreline, 2-1 to the Yellow Army.  We''ll go ahead, but will sit too deep and Leeds will equalise, then Croft will come on after 70 mins and supply the cross which Earnie will score.

[quote user="komakino"]Leeds to win a comfortable 2-0. We will get outplayed in central midfield because we don''t have one, with Earnie getting bored of receiving no service and dreaming of January. Usual bull from Worthy post-match - ''positive signs, hard-work ethic'' etc. What will Neil Adams say?[/quote]

If Robinson and Hughes get put into the middle, then I might agree with you... but with Safri and Etuhu, which seems to be Worthy''s thinking, it will be a different story entirely...