Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Leeds v Norwich Prediction thread

2-2

01/02 - We lose 4-0 on opening day to Milwall and go on to reach the play-off final

02/03 - We win 4-0 on opening day at home to Watford (I believe) and go on to finish 8th.

03/04 - We draw 2-2 away at Bradford and go on to win the league.

4 goals each time, but the draw led to the best season.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

2-0 Leeds.

A hard game to start the season, so would not be all doom and gloom if that was the score depeding on how we played etc.

City to win 2-1 (or being correct, 1-2, I suppose).  Goals for Earnie and Hucks.

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

2-2

01/02 - We lose 4-0 on opening day to Milwall and go on to reach the play-off final

02/03 - We win 4-0 on opening day at home to Watford (I believe) and go on to finish 8th.

03/04 - We draw 2-2 away at Bradford and go on to win the league.

4 goals each time, but the draw led to the best season.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

[/quote]

So 4-0 to leeds it is then!! Can''t see us getting anything there!

Although all points matter, to me what matters most is the attitude and performance of the players on the pitch, and the way Worthington and co conduct themselves on the touchline.  Some encouragement maybe, not just sitting there, arms folded.

At the moment we don''t seem to be too hampered with injuries, so every position should be filled with the best candidate for that position.  If we can go out and play some intelligent passing football, not defend too deep, resort to panic hoofball, defend a lead for the whole match etc, etc I will be somewhat convinced lessons have been learnt from last year.

A 1-0 or 2-0 loss is no disgrace if we play to win and compete, hopefully with some creativity and flair. 

Yes, I am hard to please, but I want the best for my club, and also for those fans travelling to Leeds.

Grimsby it was, my mistake... I think we beat Watford by the same

scoreline a few games later though?? I could quickly check on the

official website, but I''m lazy...

Nice to see some Norwich fans are more optimistic about Leeds'' season than their own fans...

I think we''ll put in a brave and decent performance but Leeds will nick it 2-1 (Earnie to get our goal).  However, with Nicholls out and Livermore already departed for Hull, it could be the chance for our much maligned midfield to take control.

I have had a good feeling about this match for a while now. I don''t see us losing it, I think we might start our season on time this year with Leeds lagging.

I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet either although 0-0 at half time or no goal conceded at that stage will set us up for a win.

0-0 at half time is never a bad scoreline for Norwich. In the last few seasons our second half performances have usually been better than the first so perhaps Worthington should give his half time talk 45 minutes earlier or else prepare his team better so it doesn''t take 45 minutes to learn the lessons. We need to stop giving ourselves mountains to climb.

2-0 to Leeds.  Croft will be on the bench but will play no part as he will not be fit enough.  McViegh will get thrown on with twenty minutes to go and we will look much better, but it will be to late....

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I have had a good feeling about this match for a while now. I don''t see us losing it, I think we might start our season on time this year with Leeds lagging. I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet either although 0-0 at half time or no goal conceded at that stage will set us up for a win. 0-0 at half time is never a bad scoreline for Norwich. In the last few seasons our second half performances have usually been better than the first so perhaps Worthington should give his half time talk 45 minutes earlier or else prepare his team better so it doesn''t take 45 minutes to learn the lessons. We need to stop giving ourselves mountains to climb.[/quote]

3-1 to Leeds and thats with them having 5 key players injured too!!

Hope I''m wrong.

i think a draw will be a good result, a win would signal to the rest of the league that our boys are super-human fit and serious contenders for promotion and a defeat would not be too disheartening for an aspiring mid-table team.i hope we win, maybe 1-0 in a tight drab, opening of season encounter.

Let''s face it, optimism''s the name of the game with City but with Leeds in seemingly worse straits than Norwich with injuries, pre-season results and player losses (Hulse and now Livermore) there must surely be some grounds for thinking we might go even better than our excellent performance there last season. So I''m going for 2-1 to the Canaries. Are we turning a corner or is it just a round building?!

I''m going to say 2-2 as well, just nicking a last minute equalizer with Earnie