Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

POSITIVITY CHALLENGE!

Firstly, for anyone thinking of usurping this thread with predictable cynicism please post your comments on another thread or start a new one. This thread is for positive comments only.

I have been an avid critic but have also been positive in my comments because there are always positives to comment on.

A positive attitude can take you further, especially in sport or in a physical activity such as weight training.

So, may I invite those of you who wish to contribute to list three positives regarding NCFC for the coming season.

Let''s try to create a positive vibe, and Archant, before the game against Leeds how about producing a list of the positives which we can look back on to see how they manifest themselves.

To get the ball rolling, and in no particular order my three positives are:

1). A right sided midfielder has been signed and will give us a better balance.

2). McKenzie will be able to concentrate on his football and not his personal issues.

3). Shackell is fit to start the season.

I think these are what might be termed reasonable suppositions. I could have listed more and also gone for more obvious ones but there is plenty of room for everyone else to contribute. Certainly, my three things are all positives on last season, so what are yours?

1. Our midfield confidence players have had chance to rebuild their confidence in pre-season.  Robinson has started to distribute the ball better, Etuhu scored against Northampton.

2. We have started (albeit in pre-season games) to play a passing game, according to reports.

3. 1 or 2 more signings, and we might be in danger of being able to play a balanced 4-4-2 formation !  Right back remains a worry, but if the right player can be landed, Justin Hoyte anyone ?  Or even Cave-Brown as a cheaper option ?

Good of you to start this thread Mr F.  People should never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

1 We have the best academy facilities in this league2 we have the best training ground in this league3 we have the best hotel in this league

The team that finished last season and depressed us so was:

Gallacher

Fleming Doherty Shackell Drury

Hughes Etuhu Robinson Huckerby

McKenzie Earnshaw

The team that he looks likely to start the season with is:

Gallacher

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Croft Etuhu Safri Huckerby

McKenzie/McVeigh Earnshaw

Already that looks much better to me, and a sign that at least Worthington is marshalling his troops correctly. Fleming, Hughes and Robinson have been gently manuevered out of harms way, Croft has come in and McVeigh is seen as a viable option.

All this has got to be a good thing.

1. For the first time in years, we have a fairly settled squad.

2. We have two top class goalkeepers at the club, with another talented youngster waiting in the wings.

3. We have a real goal threat in the squad (Earnie, Hux, McVeigh, McKenzie)

1) We have one of the best goal scorers in this league, who managed 8 whilst the ball was being hoofed over his head.  With the ball now seemingly being played to feet, imagine what we could do.

2) We have a right-sided midfielder for the first time in years!  Hughes or Robinson will probably get that spot on Saturday, with Lee Croft on the bench, but once he''s up to match fitness...

3) Worthy finally seems to be seeing sense and replacing the disastrous Hughes/Robinson combo with Safri/Etuhu, which most of us (Mr Rankin aside) can see is clearly better.

It''ll be bloody typical that the season I leave the city is the season we go and romp the league. 100 points and 100 goals anyone? [;)]

1. First class pre-season

2. No injuries

3. Settled team/back room staff

Point 1 is the most important for me other wise you play catch up for the rest of the season.

1) MLJ is coming back to fitness and should provide some decent competition for Colin at right back.

2) Robinson and Etuhu have had good pre seasons and will hopefully build on their confident starts, which is essential to their performances. (already mentioned above)

3) We have nicer shirts than last season. A must for any succesful side!

In addition to those already mentioned . . .

1.  Martin Hunter

2.  An almost fully fit squad (looks like we''ve passed the injury bug on to Leeds)

3.  There seems to be a bit less bull**** from the boardroom, in comparison to previous years

1. 1.at the start of the championship season no one thought we had a chance of winning the leauge and we did, with only one good striker to start the season .we have a better chance of promotion with the players we have got now than we did when we won the leauge.
  2. 25 goals plus from earnshaw 
  3. A balanced team, everyone has played games together last season worthy brought etuhu and robinson in half way though the season and it took time for it to work.If we can sort the midfield out we can do well this season.
  4. We have as good a chance of winning promotion as any other team,lets get behind the team and the manager because we have to have a better start than last season.
  5. If we have a bad start worthy gets the sack

1) Earnshaw will score goals

2) we have a right winger

3) Team looks generally stronger than last year.

1. No rushed signings

2. New acadamy players who have been together for a few years coming through to the first team

3. A settled and balanced side.

Not the finished article, but moving in the right direction

Yellow Hammer

I really don''t want to sound like Uri Geller, but...

There seems to be a lot of comment that we have a settled side with a better balance and with goalscoring potential.

How about hanging onto those positive thoughts and showing the team a bit of confidence. If people have no confidence in you you often feel you have failed already. This has been reflected in individual players who last season became too concerned about failing and so played with the ball as if it were their enemy.

It is a good thing the expectation has been tempered this season and the time comes in sport or in life in general where you have to take a stance and show a strong outward mentality for your side, team, family, friends etc, etc.

We have to believe the team we have can go out there and compete with anyone. There are times when it is appropriate to set aside differences and concerns.

Come on City, never mind the danger!

1) I believe the African Nations Cup is every two years, so Safri should be fit (barring injury) for most of the season.

2) As mentioned recently above, we have had a far less disrupted pre-season (both in terms of injuries/illness and in terms of unsettling transfer speculation) than last year

3) Again, somebody got there before me, but lower weight of expectation should help the lads get into a rhythm

Good post this one:

1 - Settled side, used to playing with each other

2 - Best goalscorer in the division

3 - No weight of expectation that I believe got to the team after the first 3 draws.

I am optimistic by nature, but I feel good about the forthcoming season - not long now, can''t wait.

Looking at our squad and the rest of the division we SHOULD be competing for at least a playoff spot.

A team of.........

Gallacher

Colin             Shacks                Doc         Drury

Croft                Safri            Etuhu              Hucks

Earnie                 (another)

Should do very well at this level.

Mind you we were pre-season favs last year and ended up playing terrible football.

Yes, I think Croft looks like a good signing but the lack of tranfer activity has basically allowed the negativity to spread from last season to this one.

Its cause and effect.

People only want to look at the "effect" (negativity) they don`t want to look at the "cause" of the negativity.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I really don''t want to sound like Uri Geller, but...

There seems to be a lot of comment that we have a settled side with a better balance and with goalscoring potential.

How about hanging onto those positive thoughts and showing the team a bit of confidence. If people have no confidence in you you often feel you have failed already. This has been reflected in individual players who last season became too concerned about failing and so played with the ball as if it were their enemy.

It is a good thing the expectation has been tempered this season and the time comes in sport or in life in general where you have to take a stance and show a strong outward mentality for your side, team, family, friends etc, etc.

We have to believe the team we have can go out there and compete with anyone. There are times when it is appropriate to set aside differences and concerns.

Come on City, never mind the danger![/quote]Great thread Rudolph!!!!! really uplifting.  Shows that there are some positives to see since last season and the potential is there.

Its just a shame that some can''t see it

1. Andy Hughes may be injured. I wouldn''t wish a major injury upon anyone, but a niggling, little injury that keeps him out for most of the season would do me just fine.

2. I haven''t lacked enthusiasm about a season to this extent since the season we got promoted.

3. I have moved seats away from the jack-in-the-box, idiot louts I have had to put up with in front of me for the past two seasons.

I know a couple of people have said this, but loving the thread rudolph

Its a great idea to get people writing down their individual positives

just to remind them why, despite any negativity, we still turn up on

matchdays and there is always that little feeling inside everyone that

says ''this could start going right at any time''.

Im not saying everything is peachey, it never will be no matter who you

support. But I agree we should keep the positives and take them into

carrow road with us - show the boys that we are behind them whatever

happens.

Because at the end of the day, they will react to how we welcome them,

Once again - good thread