Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Croft a good sighning or bad ?

Well lets look at the evidence that we have , I will ask you all some questions ,no 1 who is the manager of man city ? I can hear you all shouting Stue Pearse , now the next question , no 2 what position did he play ? are you saying left back ? right, perhaps the the best left back or one of the best of our generation to have played for England . agreed ? a player who has played against the best right wingers in the world . agreed ? well the base line as i see it is he has chucked him out , remember this is a player he trains with every day.a 21 year old not good enough . Well i was not happy with this so i thought i would delve deeper , so i asked Danny (his close relation works for us) how good was Croft ? Danny said i quote (very fast indeed but could not beat a egg , gets there but has no idear what to do, stands there with eyes wide, mouth open , nothing up top, club very happy with fee , player would have drifted into lower league in a few years time ) It seems good old nidge has had his leg lifted again to the tune of £600,000 this time.

I''ll answer that once the lad has stepped up to our fitness levels and has settled with the rest of the team in a settled side. Can you wait another year?????

you can make your judgments your way and  I will make mine when I see him play. That seems to me to be the fair way. For gods sake give the lad a chance.

thats the biggest load of negative, loathsome, tosh that i have ever seen posted on here. so a player that has been capped more times for england in all grades under 21than any other existing player, cant beat an egg. and all this before he has even kicked a ball for us! i get the feeling that your comments might just come back to bite you on the a**e

[quote user="rainbow"]thats the biggest load of negative, loathsome, tosh that i have ever seen posted on here. so a player that has been capped more times for england in all grades under 21than any other existing player, cant beat an egg. and all this before he has even kicked a ball for us! i get the feeling that your comments might just come back to bite you on the a**e[/quote]

Quite agree.  I can actually rely on first hand information on the lad as I have actually seen him play a couple of times when I''ve had trips up to the in-laws who live just outside Manchester (what else am I to do other than take in the odd game!?).  

From what I''ve seen - admittedly only from the subs bench - he looked pretty good.   The idea that he is stunning is probably over a bit the top (or else why would Pearce let him go), but he is a long way from being poor.  IMO he will be an extremely good purchase and certainly a very handy player for this division - and as he is only 21 he may make it at a higher level yet.

Whatever, the only way we will really be able to tell how good he is, is when he turns out for us, and not before. 

To ge fair to Croft, this is not like the Andy Hooves/Dickson Whereareyou situation, where all the other teams fans told us they were crap, and laughed at the amount we paid for them.

The Man City views seem to be he is decent, but not Premiership material.  Lets hope he does the buisiness in teh yellow and green.

Obviously just someone on a wind up. No one should ever judge a player without seeing them play first. Just going on "my mate said this that and the other" just doesn''t cut it. I personally am excited about finally having a player who''s favoured position is the right wing and not just someone who fits. I''m not going to talk him up but I certainly won''t knock him down either until I''ve seen him. I''m not a huge fan of Andy Hughes but unlike others I came to that conclusion once I''d seen him play. Oh well some seem to like knocking players they''ve never seen. Pathetic really!

[quote user="rainbow"]i get the feeling that your comments might just come back to bite you on the a**e[/quote]

Which will be interesting to see, as that''s also where he''s talking from.

Negative drivel, tosh and phooey.  Don''t forget that Kevin Keegan was one of the best attacking players of his day, and he didn''t rate Huckerby...

Could Norwich fans possibly give a player a chance? Not in this post-promotion era, it seems...

Well DoC, I think the fact that 9 positive/balanced posts (from a cross-section of WO/KFTers) about giving Croft a chance have followed 1 negative one show that Canary fans WILL give new players a chance.

Most of us haven''t seen him in the flesh and will reserve judgement until we do!

I am excited and think it is a very good signing by Nigel. The fact that some fans are immediately picking holes in the transfer and questioning his ability is disgraceful.

I will judge him on how he plays, nothing else. This board has never been so pessimistic as it is now.

[quote user="jetstream"]Well DoC, I think the fact that 9 positive/balanced posts (from a cross-section of WO/KFTers) about giving Croft a chance have followed 1 negative one show that Canary fans WILL give new players a chance. Most of us haven''t seen him in the flesh and will reserve judgement until we do![/quote]

Sorry, it was something of a generalisation, didn''t mean to tar everyone with the same brush.

People slagging off Croft before he''s even played a game for us is just getting on my nipple-ends...

Negative drivel, tosh and phooey.  Don''t forget that Kevin Keegan was one of the best attacking players of his day, and he didn''t rate Huckerby

by Death of Canary

========================================================================

Yes but .........he was clueless crap as a manager !   nearly £60 M   spent   = relegation  zone !!  and the one player that  could have turned the tide   was ignored by this moron ,   wouldn`t have happened if Pierce had been in charge !

to be honest i think the negativity on this board from some people is pretty sad. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it seems to be that some [eople will go to any lengths to criticise the club. i agree it was a long time in coming for us to sign a player and whether that is the managers or the board''s fault i dont know, but when a player does arrive you give them the benefit of the doubt and see how they perform for Noriwch City not their old team. If this is the attitude people have to players Wprthy signs then it will be harder to sign players because they will not want to come here if they are treated this badly by their own fans!!

As far as I am concerened we have signed a player in a position that needed to be sorted out, who has pace and will cross the ball into the box from the by line which is what we lacked last year. Whether the move is a success or not we will have to see but give him some time to settle in beforte you start moaning.

Now its 2 days till the start oif the season so get behind the team!!!!

I would acually say the complete opposite. From when i have seen Lee Croft play, hes impressed me. Full of enthauism, a good hard team-worker, good passer (intelligent with the ball), a good touch, very fast, good creatvity/awareness and vision. Not forgetting that he''s still only 21 years old!

So in answer to your original question (Is Croft a good signing or not?), it''s a definate yes from me...Like others before me have said, give the boy a chance and lets really get behind him!

Wow Ray, talk about giving a guy a chance, he hasn''t even kicked a ball and your wishing he wasn''t hear! Have you seen Lee croft before? Man City fans rate him fairly highly and personally I''m glad Worthy signed him cause I think what i''ve seen and heard of him i think he''s fit in perfectly.......or what prefer Simon charlton in the right midfield position?

Sadly Deco didn''t fancy Norfolk and Francesco Totti would have got home sick, so the way I look at it, we''ve got a player we''ve needed for 2 years, he''s young, he''s fast and Martin hunter rates him higher so I''m looking forward to him

Good Luck Lee, Brilliant Signing, you wait till December, he''ll be our best player!!