Sign in to follow this  
sket

if we play the same way we did last season how many games are people willing to give worthy?

I suspect none, in most cases.

For me, if we''re close to 20 points from the first 10 games then I''ll be pleased, whatever the style of play. If we''re nearer 10 points, then I think the clamour for him to go will be deafening.

My big fear is that the atmosphere will be at best subdued, and at worst poisonous, from the start. I go to enjoy my football, and I want to support the team and give them a chance, irrespective of who the manager is....

Lets get this straight right now. ''Playing like last season'' is not an option on the table for Worthington or the board this season. The board have had their way. Worthington, against the judgment of the majority of supporters, is still the incumbent in the managers chair. Fine, you are the board, you live or die by your own decisions. The inactivity in the transfer market, again, was the boards decision. Fine, its your call. Like many others, i am dismayed that the squad appears light, both in numbers and quality, despite parachute money being  available, and appearing to lack balance in its composition. The board are happy with that, and they know best. Fine. Leeds 3pm will be the first test of how the boards brinkmanship with the supporters over these issues, is going to pan out. tuesday night at approx. 9.30pm. will come the verdict.   

I have a problem with this thread.  People don''t give Worthy games.  The board of directors gave Worthy a job, and they think he should continue to do it.

All this talk of 5 games and he''s out is ridiculous short term thinking from people with damaged egos because they couldn''t get rid of him last season.

So you ''have a problem with this thread''? Tough t*t. Worthington has as many games as Delia and the gang are prepared to give him. Thats a given. But it all depends on how much they want to p*** off the majority of their paying customers. If this goes pear shaped, Worthington has to go. and no amount of bleating from these pathetic hezbollah types who constantly fly in the face of  informed opinion and common sense in a zealot like manner should be tolerated.  A winning start is what is required, and after all the promises from the last day of last season, (Munby and the microphone) onwards, (Doncaster; ''We will sign players'') is what the vast majority of supporters will demand.

I think we will play the same as last season because we have the same side as last year minus a goalkeeper, two defenders and midfielder but we replaced a winger/striker with another.

(That’s including the loans)

The fans will still say the same thing next year like we did last year, how many games

No you won''t. Blah is right. However big your ego is, the board will get rid of him because they run the club.

God, get over yourselves.

I can see this is going to be like the Huckerby saga - when it eventually happens, you will take the credit!

It''s not a case of bruised egos blahblah. It''s a case of caring about your club and the style of football they''re playing. If you''re happy with the crap worthy''s team was serving up last season, fine, but I and a lot of the fans thought it was dreadful. We can either sit on our hands say nothing, or speak out in the hope that eventually, when the board finally get the message that this manager is now hated by a majority of fans, has split the club from top to bottom, and is taking our team nowhere fast, they bow to the inevitable and get rid of him. As to who they''d replace him with, personally I don''t much care. I think the boot man could do a better job. Frankly I think Worthy is Norwich''s Sven, and it might take a while to get rid of him, however the results go. He''s got himself well in with the board, even though his tactical, motivational, and player selection/buying skills have frankly been laughable over the last two seasons. He''s bought some right rubbish, made terrible team selections, and when things have been going wrong he''s looked about as clueless as Sven standing impotent on the touchlines.  I think if we lose at Leeds and go a goal down against Preston, the fans could start calling for his head as early as the second game.  However as you quite rightly point out, it''s the board who will make the decision, and it''s their egos and reputation that are at stake here  more than the fans.  To keep him on over the close season then bow to pressure and dump him after a handful of games will seem like they don''t know what they''re doing. So if I was a betting man I''d say he''s got at least until November early December, even if results go badly from the off. If  they are going to dump  him, they need to do so before the season is completely irretrievable, so the new guy that comes in has time to turn it round. Like a lot of fans I''m in complete turmoil, because on the one hand I''d do anything to see the back of Worthy, because I think he''s a joke as a manager and he''s not very bright (you''ve only got to listen to his village idiot, rent-a-footballing-cliche, post-match comments), but on the other hand I naturally want us to win games and do well.  So it''s a case of que sera sera, and I await the new season with a mixture of excitement and a heavy heart. Same failed squad and tactics and manager from last year. And in the business I work in, they have a saying, if you keep doing the same things, you''ll get the same result. [&]

i have a problem with your post blahblahblah, we give the club money, we are the club and what we say will eventually go.