Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Drury disappointed in lack of spending

This from Sky Sports News.  If this isn''t a smokescreen, then it suggests that Worthington went in for Croft after being out-bid for Howard, possibly :

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=407604&CPID=10&clid=45&lid=2&title=City+skipper+upset+with+spending

Norwich City captain Adam Drury admits he is disappointed the club have not been more active in the transfer market.

"As a player, you like to see players coming in to the club as much as you can," he told Sky Sports News. "Obviously, ''Crofty'' has come in but I''d liked to have seen perhaps a few more faces.

"That''s down to the board and the club itself, how they''re looking at things and how the finances are.

"Obviously, it''s not ideal [the transfer deadline being on August 31]. If you''ve got new players coming in and the season has already started, it takes a bit of time for them to fit in.

"But if any new faces come in, then great."

Worthington has confessed that signing Croft for around £700,000 has blown most of his transfer kitty.

"I used most of the budget up on the Lee Croft situation," the City boss explained.

"There''s a little bit left from that.

"All I can do is work closely with the board and, if and when I get a player I think will be of value to us, then I''ll take the name and price to the board and see what they can do."

Norwich City captain Adam Drury admits he is disappointed the club have not been more active in the transfer market.

The Canaries skipper, who has been attracting interest from Derby County, is upset that manager Nigel Worthington has only been able to add Manchester City''s Lee Croft to a squad that finished in ninth place last term.

"As a player, you like to see players coming in to the club as much as you can," he told Sky Sports News. "Obviously, ''Crofty'' has come in but I''d liked to have seen perhaps a few more faces.

"That''s down to the board and the club itself, how they''re looking at things and how the finances are.

"Obviously, it''s not ideal [the transfer deadline being on August 31]. If you''ve got new players coming in and the season has already started, it takes a bit of time for them to fit in.

Worthington has confessed that signing Croft for around £700,000 has blown most of his transfer kitty.

"I used most of the budget up on the Lee Croft situation," the City boss explained.

"All I can do is work closely with the board and, if and when I get a player I think will be of value to us, then I''ll take the name and price to the board and see what they can do."

Thats 2 players who have spoken out now and one is our Captain, not a happy camp that interview tells me!!!

Yes, you can read it how you like I suppose.  Interestingly for me though is that both Hux & Drury have spoken out about the lack of activity, in a way you could say they are saying the same thing Worthy said earlier in pre-season.  Does this then mean that the players all back Worthy?

You see, anyone can take comments and put their own slant on what they may or may not mean.......

Ha, got there first :).

How about we use your thread though.  Or can someone do a merge please ?

I came to the conclusion that Drury was taking Worthingtons'' line about the sense of frustration at not being able to buy the players needed to sustain a proper promotion challenge, and in that sense, backing his manager ?

I''m sure that there will be a diminishing number of people that disagree CA - but I''m with you on that. At the end of the day a few things have occured to me.

The Sutton situation was the perfect tool for worthington to stick two fingers up to the fans - and maybe the board - he is the manager and he picks the squad (hence why we have so many mediocre players) The Horsefield thing smacks of the same too becasue of the comparisons between the two.

I''ve thought for a long time that Worthington is just getting his excuses ready. Croft will take a month or so to get to our fitness levels - then we''ll have a late signing at the end of August - so it will take them until the end of September before they''re firing on all cylinders at least. If we get an injury or two then that will be added to the equation.

We''ll all be chomping at the bit and the board will sit nige down - let him roll the excuses out - and have a wry smile as he walks back to his office again sticking two fingers up (or in the eyes) of the fans.

Cue blah and ralph.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

This from Sky Sports News.  If this isn''t a smokescreen, then it suggests that Worthington went in for Croft after being out-bid for Howard, possibly :

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=407604&CPID=10&clid=45&lid=2&title=City+skipper+upset+with+spending

[/quote]

Unless Worthy is telling porky pies, the people who were against spending 700K on Howard were right.

If he would have bought him we would have not had any money left for a right sided player.

Now he says he has very little money left we have almost no options.

AGAIN if the options are Sutton or nobody you would think it would be worth taking a chance on a pay as you play deal.

Drury is not the only one not happy with our lack of transfer activity.

...you can add Worthy to that as well: he has spoken out about the poor transfer pot he has, too.  It seems that the Board is where we should aim the sights on that one.

Sounds to me that the board are deliberately not releasing all available funds to worthington at the moment...they must have a plan b in the back of their mind too if there''s a bad start

Facts :-

we now have  a right winger

we now have a goal poacher in Earnie

Saffie isn`t injured yet !

Gallacher looks far better than Green !! 

Nigel is on a short string 

no injury crisis  .....

Lets let the new season roll for a while  eh ?   whinging  before the season starts   makes no kind of sense !!

I do not think Drury is having a pop at Worthy but supporting him!

It seems the board are holding back in case they need to replace him- hence he has no pennies to spend....

..so Drury is backing Worthy -''give him more money''. But some people just want to turn every thread, comment and opinion into anti-Worthy rhetoric.