Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Column in the nest!

Hey, I am not normally a self promotion type of person but I would just like to mention to all my allies, adversaries and all the cool people on here that my new column in the nest started today!!

I am not particuarly happy with the article but hey its a first shot!!

You can find it here:

http://www.thenest-ncfc.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=123&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Its funny to note that 1stWizard resigned cos he couldnt swear and call the other columnists names in his articles!!  Talk about Pot calling the kettle black Wiz!!

It wouldn''t be the same without you here tho Wiz!!

" and he''d probably sign on a pay-as-you-play deal."

Still waiting to hear where this mysterious pay-as-you-play deal operates anywhere else.

No sign on fee, no guarantee just a fee for everytime he plays.

I hope this is not another one of these ludicrous claims put out to discrediit our club.

You are right to be dissapointed with it, the only good bit (which is usual for you) is someone elses quote.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Hey, I am not normally a self promotion type of person but I would just like to mention to all my allies, adversaries and all the cool people on here that my new column in the nest started today!!

I am not particuarly happy with the article but hey its a first shot!!

You can find it here:

http://www.thenest-ncfc.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=123&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Its funny to note that 1stWizard resigned cos he couldnt swear and call the other columnists names in his articles!!  Talk about Pot calling the kettle black Wiz!!

It wouldn''t be the same without you here tho Wiz!!

[/quote]

Firstly my friend, good luck with your column.

Secondally, I resigned my column because I couldn''t agree NOT to have a go at fellow columnists who write rubbish, and I was also told to moderate ONE word in my column, by an Editor who swore at a teenage girl in the forum!.

Get the facts straight mate.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" and he''d probably sign on a pay-as-you-play deal." Still waiting to hear where this mysterious pay-as-you-play deal operates anywhere else. No sign on fee, no guarantee just a fee for everytime he plays. I hope this is not another one of these ludicrous claims put out to discrediit our club.[/quote]

Well Ralph I think they involve a much lower basic wage then you get add ons for when you play.  ALso your contact can be terminated at any time.  A bit like these fella''s:

John Hartson signed for Coventry on a pay as you play deal.

Robert Huth''s proposed deal to middlesborough was going to be partly pay as you play

Francis Jeffers, who has signed a two-year pay-as-you-play deal for Blackburn, said: "I have had a difficult couple of years but I have no doubt I can do it here given a fair crack of the whip. I spoke to a number of clubs but once I spoke to manager Mark Hughes my mind was made up. These are exciting times for me. I''ve had a couple of difficult years but I''ve no doubt that I can still do it. It has been a busy couple of days but what a fantastic move for me, I can''t wait."

Duncan Ferguson is one of four senior players out of contract at Everton this summer, along with Nigel Martyn, David Weir and Alan Stubbs, and is expected to bring his colourful, controversial and combustible career to a close following the final home game of the season. After a campaign in which he has started only nine games, not scored a single goal, received a seven-match suspension for violent conduct and again been blighted by injury, it is highly unlikely the former Scotland international will be offered another of the pay-as-you-play contracts that he signed last year

Manchester United''s injury-plagued striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has signed a new two-year contract with the club. The Norwegian forward, 33, has been sidelined for the best part of three seasons and is currently recovering from a broken cheekbone. But a United statement said: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has reached agreement with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. "The deal will see Ole stay at the club until June 2008."   Manchester United have not made it clear publicly but it is felt the contract offered to Solskjaer was a pay-as-you-play deal.

However, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp was still keen on the Jamaican and Pompey negotiated a ''pay-as-you-play'' deal with Ricardo Fuller, meaning they would not lose a great deal of money should his recurring knee injuries force him to miss long periods of seasons.

Darren Anderton admits that he realised just how important next week''s Second City derby was after listening to a cabbie''s anti-Villa diatribe. The 32-year-old former England international is close to agreeing a new contract at St. Andrew''s after a string of impressive performances in the centre of midfield for Steve Bruce''s men over the past month. His passing quality has shone out like a beacon and justified Bruce''s faith in offering him a pay-as-you-play deal in the summer.

Former Rochdale striker Paul Tait joins Boston on a pay-as-you play deal.

In May 2005 Matt Jansen signed a 2 year ''pay as you play'' contact with Blackburn

Bristol City have agreed a deal to extend the loan signing of Brighton striker Mark McCammon until the end of the season on a pay-as-you-play deal.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Firstly my friend, good luck with your column.

Secondally, I resigned my column because I couldn''t agree NOT to have a go at fellow columnists who write rubbish, and I was also told to moderate ONE word in my column, by an Editor who swore at a teenage girl in the forum!.

Get the facts straight mate.

[/quote]

[Y]Fair enough Wizard, I certainly didnt mean to offend you!!  I have written my words against the rubbish he wrote in the forum section time and time again!!

I can quite understand how you would not have been able to resist it in your column!!  I apologise for not getting my facts right.

Hey Death:  I think the below two have subsequently done a good job (although Fuller acheived this at Southampton during the second half of last season - when Rasiak arrived)

However, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp was still keen on the Jamaican and Pompey negotiated a ''pay-as-you-play'' deal with Ricardo Fuller, meaning they would not lose a great deal of money should his recurring knee injuries force him to miss long periods of seasons.

Darren Anderton admits that he realised just how important next week''s Second City derby was after listening to a cabbie''s anti-Villa diatribe. The 32-year-old former England international is close to agreeing a new contract at St. Andrew''s after a string of impressive performances in the centre of midfield for Steve Bruce''s men over the past month. His passing quality has shone out like a beacon and justified Bruce''s faith in offering him a pay-as-you-play deal in the summer.

Ralph - " Still waiting to hear where this mysterious pay-as-you-play deal operates anywhere else.

No sign on fee, no guarantee just a fee for everytime he plays. "

Citizen -

" Well Ralph I think they involve a much lower basic wage then you get add ons for when you play. ALso your contact can be terminated at any time. "

Well, at least you are honest. All the guff being touted on here about no risk etc is proven wrong if you are correct. All that happens is the wages are skewed more towards a playing bonus rather than an annual wage.

If the contract bit is correct that that merely compounds the stupidity of those that have been bleating on here for us to spend money on him, because if we can terminate the contract at anytime then sure as hell he can. Where then is the protection to stop him waltzing off to somewhere else whenever it suits ?

Foghorn

Congrats on your article - i think it is far better to see plenty of articles (even if you dont like them) than none at all, and anyone who does something free of charge is certainly commendable in my book - hey youre not even getting a pay as you write contract!

As for your reply to ralph - spot on - others can point to the lack of success - but that wasnt the question. I''m sure that some of them certainly would be - Huth, even the baby faced assassin, but that wasnt the question.

Rossi

May I just say in The Nest''s defence that columnist rules are different to those of the forum and were clearly laid out in the guidelines before any of the offending comments were made. I don''t know why this information is being released on here tho as it was a private matter that was resolved and closed in private and is not for public consumption.

" As for your reply to ralph - spot on - others can point to the lack of success "

Yep, asked to name one player that has been taken on as a ''pay as you pay'' without a signing on fee or guarantee and he came up with, errr............ no one.

Rather blows a hole in all the bleating on here when the very thing those that appear to dislike the club have been clamouring for doesn''t even exist !

Matters little what success was achieved when none of them were on this fictious ''no risk, pay as you play scheme.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" As for your reply to ralph - spot on - others can point to the lack of success " Yep, asked to name one player that has been taken on as a ''pay as you pay'' without a signing on fee or guarantee and he came up with, errr............ no one. Rather blows a hole in all the bleating on here when the very thing those that appear to dislike the club have been clamouring for doesn''t even exist ! Matters little what success was achieved when none of them were on this fictious ''no risk, pay as you play scheme.[/quote]

John Hartson, Darren Anderton and Ricardo Fuller have been a success.  Solskier, Jansen have only just signed up to these deals.

The risk is minimal as the basic wage is low and the contract can be terminated at any time.  And it is known as a Pay-as you play deal - read all teh examples above taken from news reports - so it aint ficticious.

You haven''t quite got this discussion stuff have you citizen paul ? All posts proposing that we sign Chris Sutton have claimed that he will only be paid WHEN he plays yet by your own admission you state that there will be a basic wage.

All posts were claiming as that Sutton would only be paid when he played there would be NO risk yet again by your own admission there will be a risk.

As you and I don''t know how much that basic wage would be it cannot be claimed to be minimal either.

You have not answered the point (nor has anyone else involved in supporting this absurd idea) about whether the contract can be terminated at any point by EITHER PARTY.

So there is a risk. The money spent will be denying us paying another player and you can''t tell us whether he could just walk out when it suited.

So once again I ask you to " name one player that has been taken on as a ''pay as you play'' without a signing on fee or guarantee "

Ralph - You are an advocate of the club not discussing its financial and contractual arrangements in public then expect an individual to be able to comment on the financial and contractual arrangements of other clubs, I understand that you are trying to prove a point so lets turn the arguement on its head, you prove to us that no football club anywhere in the world has not got a contractual arrangement whereby a player is only paid when he plays, with no guarantee, and no signing on fee.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"] Where then is the protection to stop him waltzing off to somewhere else whenever it suits ?[/quote]

is that really worse than having no one at all as we do at present....if things were going well he''d hardly be likely to Waltz off given his commitment to the area...if things were going bad and it ends what have we lost...ceratinly no more than we did with Rehman and Johannsen last year.

" you prove to us that no football club anywhere in the world has not got a contractual arrangement "

eh !

On that basis I could claim that Chris Sutton has been offered £100,000 a week and as you would not be able to disprove the claim it would therefore make it correct.

The onus is on those making the claims to substantiate them.I am not trying to prove any point merely asking those who are to substantiate their claims. A number of posts on here have claimed that we could sign Sutton at no coast or risk to us other than paying per game.

I await evidence of those claims. More so since the chief advocate has himself accepted that there would be risk and payments. Rather like having the accused pleading guilty whilst the defence is still demanding the prosecution bring forth new evidence.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]You haven''t quite got this discussion stuff have you citizen paul ? All posts proposing that we sign Chris Sutton have claimed that he will only be paid WHEN he plays yet by your own admission you state that there will be a basic wage. All posts were claiming as that Sutton would only be paid when he played there would be NO risk yet again by your own admission there will be a risk. As you and I don''t know how much that basic wage would be it cannot be claimed to be minimal either. You have not answered the point (nor has anyone else involved in supporting this absurd idea) about whether the contract can be terminated at any point by EITHER PARTY. So there is a risk. The money spent will be denying us paying another player and you can''t tell us whether he could just walk out when it suited. So once again I ask you to " name one player that has been taken on as a ''pay as you play'' without a signing on fee or guarantee "[/quote]

what risk?? there is always a risk signing any player???

Yes he could walk away - but he wants to live in Norfolk......

What other player?

Yes he gets a basic wage - people don''t work for free...  Anyway last seaosn he had injuries the year before he played almost the entire season??  Hartson, Fuller and Anderton - renowned injury prone players have played shedloads at their most recent clubs....

Dare I say Sutton is too big a personality for Worthless to have at the club.

Also read this Strachan and Celtic didnt want Sutton to go!!

http://216.239.59.104/custom?q=cache:4T2ElGB9PakJ:thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport.cfm%3Fid%3D22482006+strachan+sutton&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&ie=UTF-8

And injury prone??

Sutton suffered a fractured jaw in Celtic''s first game under Strachan, the humiliating 5-0 defeat by Artmedia Bratislava in the Champions League second qualifying round in July, and his appearances under O''Neill''s successor were restricted as a result.

A fractured jaw, yep age and injury proneness caused that!!

And a celtic fan:

"For me, Sutton is a player Celtic have really missed this season, even though Gordon Strachan has had them playing well," said Miller. "I''m sure the Celtic fans will be disappointed, because Sutton was so important for the team. He won a lot of games for Celtic almost on his own at times. I do think Celtic could have done something to keep him."

Sounds to me like we are missing a trick

Paul, I honestly think people are stupid if they don''t want Sutton back here for footballing reasons.

BUT

We don''t know his wage demands. You make it sound so easy!! Whatever you say, his wages will be more than you could ever imagine. He will want a fee, otherwise what''s the point of getting a job? There''s nothing in it for him to sign to a contract only for him to rupture an achilles and NEVER get any money!! It doesn''t make sense.

He needs some security. This will be his last contract. Why would he not want to earn the best he can???

He is a footballer - however rich he is now, he cannot work past 35 years of age, so he needs to make as much money as possible in his career.

PLUS - do you not see the folly in allowing someone to walk into a club and decide to sign themselves back up?? It could do serious damage for players like McKenzie/Jarvis/Thorne''s morale.

If it were football manager, the deal would have been done already. But it ain''t, there''s other things to consider.

Ralph - Wrong my friend, the real point is that you have an opinion on the subject and CJF has a differing opinion, CJF cannot substantiate his claim, you cannot substantiate that his claim is wrong unless of course you are making the statement from a position of authority....