Sign in to follow this  
BES

Alcohol

Firstly, before I start this thread I want to say how much I enjoyed todays game. Sunshine, great fans (minus a few dickheads) and we won!! well done boys......... today I saw two people near me get removed from the ground. Both had been drinking very heavily and were totally Pis*** , they were being abusive and swearing all the time. Then next to me, another guy had been drinking heavily, after he came back from half time he started giving me and my family verbal abuse, swearing and being totally obnoxious, my point of this thread is that these people were Pi**** before entering the ground. Im not being a killjoy and I also enjoy a drink , Im not suggesting that most fans should not have a drink before the game, and at half time, but there are a few mindless individuals who are too aggressive when drinking. this is unacceptable. These people should not be allowed in the ground in this state. I must just say a thank you to the steward who I complained too. he was fantastic and gave him a warning. he will be removed if he starts again, football has moved on from these mindless individuals and today felt like 20 years ago!! should these people be let in?

Yes DD what a fantastic day. The stewards were very good, but when you enter the ground the girls and guys dont really check you do they? Im going to write a letter to NCFC and voice my concerns. And point out that these guys are not welcome.

I like a drink, and my 2 sons LOVE a drink - we meet in the Pub before the match for something to eat and a drink, then they tend to have a drink in the bar before the match starts, I just rest my weary bones in my seat. At half-time they may have another pint. Sounds excessive, but the point is they remain well behaved and we have a great relationship with the other season ticket holders around our seats.
There is little worse than the loutish, aggresive behaviour described by BES. It is uncomfortable to hear it, and nasty to be on the recieving end of it. Any perpertrators of this kind of behaviour should be ejected, and if they do it again on a subsequent occassion they should be banned.
It does beg the question though about what the Stewards were doing about the particular occasion described, as it does not take too much brainpower to realise when someone is decidely the worse for drink.

You just don''t seem to have any luck do you BES. One game you have racists sitting near you, the next it''s drunkards.

With all that complaining to stewards it''s a wonder you have time for the game!

Belvior I didnt complain last time and was cross with myself, but this time I did complain and Im glad I did, as he stopped...and I still have time to enjoy the game, cant wait for Watford.

Hiya Bes,

I was sitting behind you and asked you what the problem was with the chap who was giving your wife and young girl abuse and believe me I thought he was totally out of order with the foul mouthed language he was using. His argument was that he paid his money and he can say what he likes (he was saying this to your wife whilst you were getting the steward) and I thought if everybody talks like that no wonder the kids today grow up as they do. He was one of the most foul mouthed supporters I have ever come across and hope it does not put you and your family off supporting the great Yellow and Greens.

Mark

BES, I’m going to have a stab and say you’re located in area K of the new stand, if so I’m sat in front of the lads in question and just to the left. The lads in question as far as I was concerned were heaved out for having booze on them although I fully accept I may have got the wrong end of the stick.

Since the new stand opened the lads in question seem to have amused themselves with ‘giving it some’ to the visiting fans whether this is a product of having had a few to many I’m not sure. I’m going to have a wild stab in the dark and say that it’s their constant standing up in front of you to give the single or Agincourt salute that’s got your goat on this one coupled to the fact that nobody seems to have put them politely or indeed forcefully in their place and ask them to sit the :censored: down or they’ll get a Mike Reed ‘Dry slap’ the stone Island jackets don’t make them hard you know

Granted this is a little tongue in cheek and had I have witnessed anybody been given a hard time like you mention then I would have undoubtedly have assisted in identifying them for a rapid departure.

My main point is this, if every fan who had tuned up for a match having had one to many was kicked out or banned it would make for a pretty dull old game, my solution would be that the club might like to relocate them to a more appropriate area of the ground (permenantly) namely the snake pit leaving the South stand a more peaceful environment

To sign off, sorry this seems to have taken the edge off what was a great day but having moved from the City stand its like a breath of fresh air having a bit of banter, singing and a bit of tom foolery

Hi DD, Canary Boy and NavMan - Thanks for your support.(By the way, I''m female !)
NavMan, glad that you found this guy totally foul mouthed as well (It was my husband who you were speaking to at half time and who informed the steward)
I accept that people from all walks of life attend football matches, and that we should expect colourful language, after all our emotions are running at fever pitch. However,taking an unprovoked foul mouthed attack from a half cut half wit is not what I had bargained for !.
On a more positive note , weren''t we awsome ? I thought we really showed our class and superiority against a very average side - surely Big Fat Joe, Alan Pardew and Neil Warnock must now concede that we have earned the right to play against the big guns.
Can''t wait to soak up the atmosphere at Watford. Oh, and I take back everything I ever said about Matt Svennson. !!!

Lets get this into proportion. If somebody kept standing up in front of me when I was trying to watch a game that had cost nearly 20.00 then I would get totally pissed off as well. Add this to the fact that when they are probably well oiled - the language used and hand signs shown especially around small children are totally out of order. BES was actually sitting in the block just to the right of these two idiots as I was behind him. So his argument was not that he was peed off with those two blocking his view but people who arrive to the game drunk and carry in alcohol with them. I believe he was also most strongly upset about the bloke sitting to his right that as described barraged him and his family with some of the most foul language that I have heard from a supporter in many years. Yes the Barclay and other parts of the ground swear in songs and it is accepted. What BES, myself and probably thousands more cannot accept is when a barrage of fould mouthed obscenities is aimed at individuals because those shouting them cannot handle their booze. And this with BES''s young daughter with him. Before you all start barracking about drink. I too go for a couple of beers before the game normally in the Edith Cavell or an establishment on Riverside but would never stoop to the depths of that supporter I witnessed on Saturday. And by the way if he is reading this then I hope he is proud of himself but there again the sort of chap he was he probably wont even bat an eyelid. We can all put up with the odd idiot but Animals are a different matter.

bes

sorry to hear about your experience yesterday, whether drunk or not, these idiots have to know that they cannot force their views or opinons on you just because they are aggressive and think you are too intimidated to do anything about it

well done for alerting the stewards, and thank god they actually took action for once

i have to say i have entered carrow road on many occasion this season slightly the worse for wear, but it doesn''t make me aggressive, usually the opposite lol

to other posters

i cannot agree that you can generalise and say that everyone who has been drinking should be removed, going to the pub b4 the game is so much part of the football culture that it would be hard to ban people who had been drinking, obviously certain matches are put on at 12 noon (derby matches) for example; to try to stop excessive drinking and the likely consequences, but the majority of people will all go to football, having had a couple of pints with their mates, with no intention whatsoever of making someone else''s match a living hell

there are some people who have no intelligence whatsoever who stone cold sober are just there to cause trouble, whose own lives are so screwed up they wish to take it out on other perfectly innocent people. Why football particularly attracts these idiots, i wish i knew. We had, until recently, a racist idiot next to us, whose only enjoyment of the whole game was shouting obscenities at the black players. Sad, but true. He wasn''t drunk, just an idiot - fortunately, he has decided to not attend matches anymore, but i am sure there are more of them dotted around the stadium.

BES - hope these idiots were a one off and you have more intelligent, happy people near you for the preston game.

Gazzathegreat...enter carrow road slightly worse for wear is ok... have read your thread and you seem level headed? so its ok! I also enjoy a drink or 2!!! and have just read on sky sport that if we win on Saturday we will go up!! bottles in the fridge! Im going to Watford in fancy dress, what about the rest of you, I think we should make this a special occasion!! Party on....

No particular reason BES. Don''t worry you haven''t got a manly posting manner! Like I say it was just a stupid sexist assumption. There are probably more blokes on this board than women and I just wrote it automatically. Please accept my groveling apology!

DD, guilty as charged , I presummed you were retired and grey, lol

knowing where to sit in the ground is a nightmare.

when i bought my first season tickets i went for the family enclose in the river end cos i was taking my three girls with me. i knew it would probably be ok there in terms of abuse. when a couple of them stopped going i considered moving over to the Barclay (and for personal preference i would have done). but i had a good opportunity of some decent tickets in the middle of the lower river end. But it''s deadly. Dont think i ever seen a drunk and very little swearing. even out of the family area. i now got no chance of moving even if i want to.

what point am i making? not a clue. we always gonna have plebs at the ground. so far thesedays i have avoided them although our nickname for the woman behind us in the family enc was sweary mary (at an away game last year my 9 year old girl asked me why that man want to do that thing to that other man''s mother - referring to an interesting chant at the opposition fans).

Is no fun being abused especially when there are kids there and it should be non tolerance like racisim.

ramble over.

its all about self control.

I''ve drunk before games, not heavily, but enough to take the edge off a bit! But never, in a million years, would I dream of hurling racial abuse or swearing at fellow fans. We''ve all let the odd colourful insult slip out to players or officials, that''s part and parcel of the game and i don''t think anybody really objects.

What I don''t get is people having a pop at other supporters? Not even visiting supporters?
What''s up with that?

Anyway, in the wake of such things as Kick Rascism out of football and similar campaigns, isn''t there some kind of legal framework in place whereby such supporters who are repeatedly drunk / rascist / aggressive / foul mouthed / generally obnoxious , can be thrown out of grounds and banned, not only from that ground but nationwide?

I''m no expert, but does such a thing exist, and if so, why is it not enforced?

Think it will be even more relevant next year when the Lower Barclay will be populated with ''fans'' of Man Utd et al. That is something the club really has to keep an eye on.

The Upper Barclay seems to have the balance right. We can soak up the atmosphere from the Lower Barclay and the Snake Pit. We are vocal when we want to be. There is a fair amount of signing and chanting...enough to make me hoarse anyway. However, most people where we are are aware of the kids who sit around us, so the appropriate words are left out of Gary Holt''s song, The "Bunch of W..kers" song and of course the last word of the Joe Royal / George Burley serenade.

hi i was sitting in the new stand block k before the game three guys who were puting a bet on ,these three guys were drunk ,shouting , stumpling and stunk of booze how did they get past the stewards and the gates and up to there seats.when the game was played these three idoits were removed .i hope theses idiots will not be at the watford game.

Hi all. There are lots of positive views on this thread (apart from one.) Lets eradicate this problem. Lets all complain to the stewards. If anyone is in a situation that is unacceptable. Complain! This is the only way this behaviour will be stamped out. The stewards are very good and the guy near me had the camera on him all the second half. The more people complain the better (and its only a very small % who are like this.) So lets stamp this problem out, so we can all enjoy the premiership atmosphere. OTBC!!!