Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

No new transfers

Firstly he says that not much was happening because the World Cup was on.  Then he admits to talking to a club about several of their players but not any specific player as of yet.  He has made a couple of bids but nothing has come of them yet.  He has let players go but has not replaced them.  When is he going to sign anyone?

Alex Ferguson = rubbish manager!

And I thought Man United finished 2nd last season and so had a decent squad of players to start with, not finish 9th behind coventry.  Also they have an extra week of preparation before the season starts.

AND

here are the quotes

"We held things back until we knew what the Juve situation was," said Ferguson.

"Now we know where we''re going in terms of making inquiries and maybe definite offers for one or two players."

Ferguson said Gianluigi Buffon, Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Emerson and Patrick Vieira were "the ones that people will be focusing on", adding that one or two "could maybe have free transfers if they were going outside of Italy".

I just wish the press were asking a few more questions about this - i.e Are there really any funds? Are the board holding back cash if Worthy fails etc. etc.

For reasons I don''t know, there has been no critical analysis from the local media about this very strange state of affairs. What are they afraid of?

If we don''t sign anyone before the season starts, then it confirms that all is not well at Carrow Road.

Not quite a fair comparison Saint but a reasonable point - however their season starts 2 weeks later than ours (pre season training only restarted this week following the world cup)  and their targets could be hugely impacted by what is happening in Serie A.

However as Fergie is another manager whois well past his sell by date that doesnt real tell us a lot;  the top managers in the prem are at chelsea, arsenal and liverpool - how many dont think they have stolen a march over manure by signing Rosicky, Gonzalez, Shev, Mikkel, Ballack etc?