Sign in to follow this  
South Norfolk Old Boy

Nice try Dazza!

Who does Mr Huckerby think he''s kidding?

He has this to say, "It''s not just the gaffer, it''s all of us. Give us a go to try and put things right, if not then things will have to be changed. Let''s not beat around the bush - if things don''t improve then all of us might be looking elsewhere. Just give us a chance to turn it around and if it does not work then changes will have to be made as that''s how it happens in the world.”

Nice try Dazza but I think we all know that you are pretty safe matey! The Gaffer? Not quite so sure about him!

Only a player as supremely (and probably justifiably) confident of their own position and ability could make such a comment. He will leave the club if and when he''s ready to move on or, more likely, hang his boots up. I''d like to see one or two other members of our midfield making similar comments. Then we could start to sit up and believe that there really is a new determination in the squad and a willingness to be judged on results and to keep their shirt on ability and not the manager''s favour.

It''s either that or the alternative comment is:

"If things don''t improve then everyone except me might be looking elsewhere. Just give us a chance to turn it around and if it does not work then changes will have to be made apart from me as that''s how it happens in the world.”

I think the original is better, don''t you?