Sign in to follow this  
barclay4ever

ian henderson is our most underrated player

ian henderson has got 2 b 1 of the best players in our squad. promotion season he was still jst a kid and scored about 5 goals despite being on the fringes. im angry worthy hasnt given a chance since then. i rekon this is gonna be hendos year, him and jarvo up front will run this team. who else agrees hendo is our most under rating player by worthy?

na hes a gd player, gonna do it 4 us this year. get him on the right wing 4 a few games well b alrite. spillane is anotehr thats gonna break thru this year, hes another gd young player

he needs to be played in his proper position but we have too many similar strikers already so i think he should be loaned so we can see what hes like

Would be interesting to see what he could do for a League One club. He''s only been a bit part player here, though playing him in his proper position would help for a start.

However good or bad he is, I''d rather keep him in the squad than Peter Thorne!

wot??? under-rated? i think the ONLY under-rated player in our squad is mackenzie, henderson is terrible, for a striker he has awful goal instincts ( miss against sheff wed away last year ), can someone please point out any of his good qualities? he has been a good young prospect for 3 years now, he should no longer be a prospect, he should now be either a good player or a bad player, no more ''in a few years''

All he has ever done imo is score a couple of nice goals during our promotion season.

He has had plenty of chances but never produced.

My mate watches all the reserve games and says that he is always crap in those.

Henderson does have some ability. But for whatever reason he simply hasn''t developed into a competent and consistent first team player. He still looks every bit the young boy who first came into the side a few seasons ago.There was one moment last season that summed up his lack of progress. He was through on goal, with just the keeper to beat, but decided to head towards the corner flag and wait for support. Poor lad. You have to blame the coaching for his lack of confidence in his own ability.

I like him but I always sense that it''s a confidence thing. I believe I am right in saying that he has, in the past, been very distressed when the crowd has given him a hard time. I accept he needs to achieve a bit more if he is to become a regular in the team, but I suspect that if he gets the breaks and backs up a couple of good performances with a couple of goals, then the crowd will be a little more kindly disposed to him. With improved confidence we might well see a fringe player become a strong 1st team contender. That would certainly be a bonus for us; I think it just might be a breakthrough season for Hendo. Good luck to him   

I think he is a confidence player,  and the crowd is very quick to get on his back, i have to admit, every time i have seen him play, he has not impressed me, i feel his distribution is very poor, but you cannot fault his work rate

Oi Rankin ... the umbrella is mine!

I think all the youngsters are underrated. Give Jarvis and Rossi a chance. Give them responsibility and watch them grow.

City fans find it hard to forgive experienced figures like Etuthu and Hughes for poor performances but will back the kids to the hilt. There is nothing better than watching a lad who has played for the club since a nipper run out at Carrow Road and try to do the business.

The kids on the whole are underrated. Lets see more of them.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

All he has ever done imo is score a couple of nice goals during our promotion season.

He has had plenty of chances but never produced.

My mate watches all the reserve games and says that he is always crap in those.

[/quote]

yes he is

The boy has been a growin''...I''ll admit that he has looked pretty insignificant in the team in previous seasons but this year he has had a growth spurt and filled out and is looking good on that right side, albeit in preseason friendlies.

With Hucks on the left and Hendo down the right, McKenzie and Earnie inside and forward of those two respectively, all we need is someone alongside Safri to get distribution going in midfield and we could be good, damn good!

...but as I said ,,,all we need is someone alongside Safri (depression sets in).

Anyway Hendo is worth a good run with the first team, he''s not been under-rated, he has just grown into a bigger better player and needs to get as much confidence as he can. Get behind him, its about time the academy delivered some goodies.

Ian Henderson is quite categorically the worst first-team player at the club at the moment. 3 of the 4 goals he scored in the Championship winning season were all-but scored by Mr Huckerby - with Hendo either forcing the loose ball over the line or tapping into an empty net.

Had he not been a part of our "youth product" he''d never have even broken into the first team - and any other club would have got shot of him years ago. Expect him to be playing for Diss or Kings Lynn within the next two or three years.

He has been mis-handled by Worthington.

If we had a proper sized squad he would have gone out on loan along with Jarvis and come back a better player for having the experience and building his confidence.

I first thought you were having a joke, some sort of irony!

Henderson is a good lad, he works really hard and want''s to do well but no way is he under-rated. Quite the oposite, he has been given far more chances than his performamnces warent, as oposed to other players such as Jarvis and Mcveigh who should have been used more.

I do have sympathy for him playing out of position but if we had had a decent right sided player I don''t think we would have seen much of him at all.

I see him being of the standard of Forbes or Easton and will have a career at a lower level but nothing more.

He''s half and half. There is talent there, but he''s been mismanaged. If he''d have gone out on loan we could have had a better picture of how good he is as a striker. He''s not a winger and he doesn''t like losing it because he gets booed when he does so he''s scared to take people on. I thought last season, in the brief snatches we saw of him, he looked a better player, and there are signs that he''s getting stronger and more aggressive, which to be fair he needed to do. He needs to prove himself this year though or else we should release him as in his current state he''s just taking up squad room.

to be honest i dnt really think hes that under rated - i was jst looking 4 a reaction. every1 has there own opion of him. his problem is hes too small and gets push off the ball far 2 easily which is y this will b his year cos hes got 2 fill out sometime, then he''ll b our next paul mcveigh, hes never gonna b 1st team tho 

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]He has been mis-handled by Worthington. If we had a proper sized squad he would have gone out on loan along with Jarvis and come back a better player for having the experience and building his confidence.[/quote]

absolutely...should have spent last season at peterborough...cambridge etc...

too lightweight

the kid  maybe lightweight but he wears his heart on his sleeve. The way the majority of the supporters have treated him is altogether a joke, how are our young players meant to improve if everytime they try and fail they get jeered by their own fans and for this i give him some respect as that must take some heart.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

No idea how good he may be - barely seen him play - and the few times he has been on the right wing and he hasn''t done a lot.

Totally mismanaged in my opinion.

[/quote]

I find it interesting that a player who has more games to his name than Luis-Jean, who you have suggested should be shipped out as he is useless, gets your support.

Incredibly contradicting and hypocritical of you old chap.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

No idea how good he may be - barely seen him play - and the few times he has been on the right wing and he hasn''t done a lot.

Totally mismanaged in my opinion.

[/quote]

I find it interesting that a player who has more games to his name than Luis-Jean, who you have suggested should be shipped out as he is useless, gets your support.

Incredibly contradicting and hypocritical of you old chap.

[/quote]

Actually I don''t think you will find me advocating shipping out MLJ anywhere......  from what I have heard about MLJ he is good coming forwards and a bit iffy at the back.  Hopefully when he gets fit he will do well and fill one of our problem areas.

I think he is a little under-rated to some extent. But But not no-where near overly-under rated even.

At the end of the day, we have people like Earnie, McKenzie, McVeigh, Huckerby etc - and he isn''t no-where near as good as them.

Worthy is quite right not to give him a 1st team place very often.

I like Hendo, another one the fans have never given a chance too.. instead of encouraging him they have slagged him off relentlessly and he has never been given the encouragement he needed to nurture his career... he is a good player on his day and creates a goal threat.. he isnt a winger.. but upfront i think could do well

jas :)

Wasn''t the title of this thread supposed to be most under weighted player!

no seriously I think the lad could be a good player but please do some extra weight sessions man!

Yes,  i have always rated henderson. Unfortunately NW has never given him a good run in the team, the fans havewrongly targeted him and he''s lost confidence. Remember the 1st half of the promjotion year, he was out of position on the right of midfield and was excellent. MIllwall at home, 3-1 win seems to spring to mind, i think he scored 2.