Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Scale 10 - 1

I was just having a conversation with a work colleague who is a Norwich supporter and we came to a similar conclusion, although we both live overseas, we both have other Norwich supporters living with us, we also know NCFC supporters in at least 4 different countries incl England/Norfolk where we both know at least 2 dozen passionate supporters but neither of us actually know a real KTF in real life, It seems  pretty much everyone wants Worthington out from our standpoint and it just depends where you are on a scale from 1 to 10.

On the scale itself I''d say I''m about 7 but genuinely I wondered if anyone else either lives with, works with or knows of a real KTFer other than the 3 or so who visit this board?

I agree, I have loads of friends who are city fans and not one person is a diehard KTF.

I know one who is a little more on the fence than the rest of us but even he has lost faith and thinks Worthys time is up.

Living and working in Norwich, I work with and know numerous Norwich fans.  And I really do only know one person who doesn''t want to see the back of Worthington.

Then again, the "KTFers" do tend to be a little quieter, since they''re not actually protesting against anything... So you never know!

John, I don''t know personally of any... I''ve been a season season ticket holder since 1990 and went regularly the 10 seasons before that - and alot of the people I know have been season ticket holders a similiar amount of time (so we can''t be classed as the "glory hunter supporters" who joined recently as the clubs fortunes picked up) So this goes against one of the arguements some of the KTFs use on this board that its only the recent supporters that want change. I also talk to alot of people at work (the biggest employer in the city) - obviously many of who are supporters - again I find no-one who doesn''t think its time for a change.

I wouldn''t obviously be able to say I know 1000''s of supporters - but of all the people I do know of (and the supporters they in turn know) I still haven''t heard of one person that thinks we should stick with Worthington. Maybe they feel too embarassed to say if they are !!

I said on another recent post, and i think Huck''s article in yesterdays paper will only add fire to it - if we have an indifferent start to the season, in terms of results or performances, I honestly believe the fans will turn on Worthington (and the board) extremely quickly - as the club and Worthington have done absolutely NOTHING to heel the wounds that were created last year. I don''t necessarily mean new signings (which we obviously need) but mainly in terms of lack of empathy, and recognition that things said and done last season were blatantly wrong. It takes a big man to admit to his mistakes - but I believe if Worthington came out publicly and admitted some of his decisions in terms of signing, tactics, formations, and press comments were wrong, he would regain the respect of alot of supporters (not neccessarily their support - but respect) - it would also give us hope these things may not happen again this season. However the silence, and the percieved arrogance of the man, leads many to the conclusion that he doesn''t  feel mistakes were made - which gives us little hope for the new season.

Regardless of what some may say the vast majority of us are real supporters of the team, and will turn up year after year - we don''t demand success - we just hope for it. The thing is at the moment the club aren''t doing anything to give us that hope. In fact, and this is something I find incredible, when you hear comments from Doncaster & Munby they only "hope" things will be better and that where the difference lies, where we don''t have the power to make the day to day decisions they do. Sorry but when you run a business and you want it to be successful you don''t "HOPE" you achieve it - you have a plan to achieve it and take action to ensure it is achieved. I guess this is where the real question lies - what is the clubs definition of "successful". I fear it is different to alot of the supporters at this point it time.... 

John, a little local feedback, I work on Reception in an office in Norwich housing about 400 people. I know everyone by name & generally would guess that I know all those that are City fans, ranging from the ardent season-ticket holders to the gently interested. There are about 30 with whom I discuss City''s fortunes regularly. Most (probably all) were disappointed with last season''s outcome, some I''m sure would not be distressed if there were a change of management, the majority do not however advocate change & there is only one who expresses a clear & consistent dissatisfaction with Nigel Worthington as manager. Whethet that is typical of the whole of Norwich I can''t say but I don''t think we should disregard the silent majority (if that''s what it is) 

I know one. She''s a mad old biddy in her fifties, goes home and away every match, but knows nothing about football (including which positions the players even play in) and stands by NW 100% "because arr met him and he''s a really noice maaaan and he dut deserve ta looz his jarb".

I don''t know about 1-10 but she certainly hits all the buttons on my personal Twatometer.

John,

I thought you were snowed in at a remote mountain hotel with a neurotic wife and a psychic kid. How do you know all these people? Have you been listening to the voices again?

Could it be that the KTF brigade are actually a figment of extreemists imaginations?

After all, I have been tagged a KTFer in the past.................but I''m not. If you searched the street for me, you will not find me because I don''t exist. However, my enforced title will have been etched into the vaults of extreem posting forever.

The problem is that far right wing posters don''t play down the touchline. They go out of the stadium and out into the city. A quick glance left reveals a number of people standing in the centre circle but since they are so far away now it would appear that they are left wingers or KTF''ers. They are infact just midfield generals, playing balls out to each wing. But that''s difficult to see from so far away.

Interestingly The Judge & I speak to very similar people, I suspect employees of the same company, & reach totally opposite conclusions about their cumulative opinions. Perhaps we are, subconsciously, selective in who we speak to, perhaps we are inclined to hear what we want to hear, perhaps those we speak to are swayed by our own opinions; I wonder. On a 2nd point, I vowed when returning to this site that I would not be directly critical of other posters but I would ask Canary02 whether he is not being just a teeny little bit judgmental in respect of ''the old biddy''

I know many many Norwich fans and season ticket holders but I dont know any who think Worthington should stay

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]John, a little local feedback, I work on Reception in an office in Norwich housing about 400 people. I know everyone by name & generally would guess that I know all those that are City fans, ranging from the ardent season-ticket holders to the gently interested. There are about 30 with whom I discuss City''s fortunes regularly. Most (probably all) were disappointed with last season''s outcome, some I''m sure would not be distressed if there were a change of management, the majority do not however advocate change & there is only one who expresses a clear & consistent dissatisfaction with Nigel Worthington as manager. Whethet that is typical of the whole of Norwich I can''t say but I don''t think we should disregard the silent majority (if that''s what it is) [/quote]

You wouldn''t happen to work for a "large insurance company", would you?

I wouldn''t listen to anything their employees say... [:P]

[quote user="Canary02"]

I know one. She''s a mad old biddy in her fifties, goes home and away every match, but knows nothing about football (including which positions the players even play in) and stands by NW 100% "because arr met him and he''s a really noice maaaan and he dut deserve ta looz his jarb".

I don''t know about 1-10 but she certainly hits all my buttons

Ha ha nice one!! but surely if you know Delia that well 02 you can have a word with her!!

[/quote]

This scale sounds movable.  Are you suggesting that if we start well, you might become a 6, or maybe even a 5 ?

Most people who don''t want to protest don''t feel the need to do anything about the protest.  I think you have to assume that unless people are willing to do anything about the situation, they''re happy with the status quo.

Sure, people will say they want him out, but how many of them are willing to do something about it ?  The answer to that question seems to be "If we haven''t lost to Ipswich the day before, about 70".

I can speak for 5 Norwich fans that I work with and 4 close friends who all have season tickets. 6 want him gone and the other 3 think he should be given 6 games to turn things round.

All 9 admit that they aren''t looking forward to the season with their usual enthusiam and all 9 admit that they don''t see how he''ll get the respect of the fans back

Thats my findings.

[quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

That just made my morning and I think I can picture who your talking about. Or perhaps its one of the other clones I always seem to get sat behind

“Heez a troin hiz hardest, leave him alown heez a noyce man”

In answer to the original post ,I put myself somewhere around the 11 / 10 mark

I’m sure something strange happens aboard those Sanders of Holt busses

On reflection, it seems that the people who want him out in this thread aren''t so sure any more.

• Comforting themselves with the fact that "all their friends" want him out, that they don''t know anyone who wants him to stay.  And yet most of these people either can''t do anything to change it, or can''t be bothered.  If someone told me black was white often enough, I''d agree with them to shut them up too.
  • Making fun of the people who are honest enough to say that they want him to stay. 

[quote] "It''s all right lads, I''ve found the last surviving KLF !  You grab his Banjo, Judge, I''ll grab his front legs, and we''ll pull him down by his huge buck-teeth !  Mello, make use of that pitchfork and bash him on the head, there''s a good chap, we should get a decent price for the skin of this one."[/quote]

You guys sound a little insecure to me.  Why do you need the validation of others ?  Surely, if "everyone you know" wants him out, then it''s a given that he will go ?

Or maybe that''s what the extremists want us to think.  Reds under the beds and all that.  We''re everywhere, and there''s only 70 of us...

Meanwhile, in reality, if we do well he''ll stay, if we do badly he''ll go.  It''s amazing what a spell of decent football will do to heal the "wounds" that extreme WOs like to pour salt into. 

[quote] "Nurse !  We need 20 mg of diamorphine stat !  This man is in extreme pain."

"Why ?  What''s wrong with him doctor ?   Half-time Soup ?  Flat beer before the game ?"

"He''s just been told that he''s not a true fan of Norwich City."

"Oh my god, this could be serious.  He could be picking at that scab all next season..."[/quote]

The most important "faither" to declare his loyalty this week is Darren Huckerby.  And even then Vital Norwich tried to claim his interview as a victory for Worthy Out.

As i live in Wales, i don''t know of many Norwich Fans. However i do know 2 other fans. 1 Of them is a KTF''er - and the other is un-decided like myself.

I personally believe there are more WO''ers than KTF''ers - But not as big a gap we think. KTF''ers don''t protest anything, so we don''t really know how big their numbers actually are.

It may be a co-incidence but why is ''thick'' on this thread associated with a strong Norfolk accent.

I admit the Norwich accent is a bit ''common sounding'' but a proper North Norfolk tone is heard from many a refined and intelligent individual.

In North Norfolk now ''mockney'' is used by the dim and small minded and ''mancunian'' by anyone who is or should be on an ASBO.

[quote user="Linda Hucker"]John,

I thought you were snowed in at a remote mountain hotel with a neurotic wife and a psychic kid. How do you know all these people? Have you been listening to the voices again?[/quote]I''m gonna come in an axe you all up! seriously tho the only voices I hear are saying "Worthington out"

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

On reflection, it seems that the people who want him out in this thread aren''t so sure any more.

• Comforting themselves with the fact that "all their friends" want him out, that they don''t know anyone who wants him to stay.  And yet most of these people either can''t do anything to change it, or can''t be bothered.  If someone told me black was white often enough, I''d agree with them to shut them up too.
  • Making fun of the people who are honest enough to say that they want him to stay. 

[quote] "It''s all right lads, I''ve found the last surviving KLF !  You grab his Banjo, Judge, I''ll grab his front legs, and we''ll pull him down by his huge buck-teeth !  Mello, make use of that pitchfork and bash him on the head, there''s a good chap, we should get a decent price for the skin of this one."[/quote]

You guys sound a little insecure to me.  Why do you need the validation of others ?  Surely, if "everyone you know" wants him out, then it''s a given that he will go ?

Or maybe that''s what the extremists want us to think.  Reds under the beds and all that.  We''re everywhere, and there''s only 70 of us...

Meanwhile, in reality, if we do well he''ll stay, if we do badly he''ll go.  It''s amazing what a spell of decent football will do to heal the "wounds" that extreme WOs like to pour salt into. 

[quote] "Nurse !  We need 20 mg of diamorphine stat !  This man is in extreme pain."

"Why ?  What''s wrong with him doctor ?   Half-time Soup ?  Flat beer before the game ?"

"Oh my god, this could be serious.  He could be picking at that scab all next season..."[/quote]

The most important "faither" to declare his loyalty this week is Darren Huckerby.  And even then Vital Norwich tried to claim his interview as a victory for Worthy Out.

[/quote]No doubt then, all your phantom KTFers will turn out in their tens of thousands when Worthington is sacked and will protest to have him re-instated?

I am sure if you done a poll in the River End(will always be called

that to me) you would find many ktf''s(then again all they do is moan a

bit like this message board of late).Also half the main stand (don''t

include the snake pit in that).

Most of those that sit around me in the City Stand think it is time for a change. One way is for the local papers to have a poll - write in not phone in - this could include details such as name and address, season ticket holder, member, regular attender casual attender etc etc. I have e mailed Archant to request this but it would seem it would affect the cosy relationship between club and paperas they never replied.

If a survey like this was carried out it would settle a lot of arguments and help the club forward. 

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

No doubt then, all your phantom KTFers will turn out in their tens of thousands when Worthington is sacked and will protest to have him re-instated?
[/quote]

LOL, this may be the best post of the thread.

If this strong KTF base was so pasionate then maybe they can start a Worthy IN chant.

"Can you hear the faithers sing?.............. I cant hear a F........... thing"

I''m a KTF and don''t apologise for it, I have many times on these boards declared my reasons for the support I bear.  I have supported NCFC through many changes and I find the number of WO respondents on these boards a little sad.  They appear to me like a group of playground yobs who are waiting for a group to form and someone to take a slap at.  It is where this type of malcontent try to incite and form protest groups on ill founded knowledge working from a base of misinformation; they preach it from such a poor platform, it is bereft of any thing factual.

I am not religious in any way, but there was a man on the cross at Calvary being put to death and a gathering of his supporters were watching the scene as it unfolded.  The active or verbal support was not there, but the groundswell of support that actually was inherent in those there, gave birth to the building of a faith and religion that has yet to be vanquished.  I think that shows that support does not always have to be vociferous in nature.

Another analogy I carry with me from my time in the education industry, there are also those who are lazy, and hate to see the diligent and industrious successful, they will carry out all sorts of disruptive behaviour and try to malign and alienate the hard worker from the group and seek to make him or her unpopular thereby ousting a perfectly respectable human being from the mainstream of the community. 

Hitler had such characteristics and was persuasive enough to take a country to war and exterminate more than 4 million Jews.  Ask this question of the now German race. How did one man manage to take such a nation to war and commit so many atrocities? They will say he was persuasive and the nation was broke. There were many millions during those times who were silent but disagreed with what was said by Hitler and his cronies.

Death of Canaries.  I work for that big insurance company and I VERY much want Worthington out!  PLEASE don''t tar us all with the same brush.

i work in a large transport compnay in Norwich with approx 300 employees situated in Norwich. They talk football all day long. I have never heard one of them in the past 6 to 12 months have a positive word 2 say about a certain Mr. Worthington. Wot i carnt understand is how come the local norwich newspaper stands by him all they say is "Under pressure" all the time. Now approximatly 300 people on top of the many Worthy Out posts on her cannot be wrong can it?? Carnt the local rag see this??? are they in some way subserdised by the football club to try and keep things sweet. I mean some of the match reports that they print ive been to the same match and cannot work out by wot they have actually wrote if they were at the same match as me. So NCFC and ECN take the hint and help us owst the Hoofball Master

[quote]No doubt then, all your phantom KTFers will turn out in their tens of thousands when Worthington is sacked and will protest to have him re-instated?[/quote]

Nope, because if he is sacked then it''s because the board of directors have made the choice, and the kind of people who keep faith in the club have faith in the decisions of those who run it.

I understand why you''re upset though, must be difficult being associated with a failed campaign.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]No doubt then, all your phantom KTFers will turn out in their tens of thousands when Worthington is sacked and will protest to have him re-instated?[/quote]

Nope, because if he is sacked then it''s because the board of directors have made the choice, and the kind of people who keep faith in the club have faith in the decisions of those who run it.

I understand why you''re upset though, must be difficult being associated with a failed campaign.

[/quote]

Outside of the board Worthington has very little support.

Even the most die hard KTF know that even if they wont admit it in public.