Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Other Clubs Transfer Activity in last week or so!

Plenty of reasonable players have joined champ clubs.And more will follow if nw doesnt wake up

Jay Bothroyd, Steven Pearson, david thompson, chris sutton etc are asvailableas well.

Barnsley - Micheal Mcindoe, a great record for a midfielder 35 goals in 142 games. A left midfielder would have been good understudy to hucks and cheap. Still only 26

Cardiff-    Kerrea Gilbert, a higly rated right back who has champions league experiece. I heard worthy wants arsenal ''rejects'' what about gilbert then. Better than are current   right Backs .

Palace - Mark Kennedy an attacking midfielder who is proven at our level. These players dont become available on a Free very often. Wake up worthy.

Hull - Dean Marney - looked decent enough last year, couldnt have cost much because its hull we''re talking about. Then theres Sam Rickets, someone i mentioned a while back, a welsh internations full back who is very promosing. 300k a bargain whrre are you nige?

Leeds - David Livermore, cheap and versatile. A good player but perhaps not the sort of player we need.

Luton - Lewis Emmanuel would have been perfect cover for drury if NW was awake. Only 22, played plenty of games for bradford and available on a free.

Preston - Liam Chilvers would have been that good xtra cover i believe we need at centre half. A free transfer, impressed last year, low wages - what was stopping you NIge?

QPR - 2 more foreign signings. They obviously have a better scouting policy than us, but then i dont think i''d want us to sign 5 unknown foreigners. Oliseh''s the one who sounds good - an attack minded midfieder which we are short on. Worth a punt on a free.

Southamton - Pele

Wolves - Gary Breen could have been a good signing for us. We are short on cover and someone with his experience on a free would have been good.

Mark Kennedy & Lewis Emmanuel would have been good signings, perhaps Worthy should of put his nose in business there.

I ''spose we are not going to sign players like that, so let''s just look on what players are left, and take the best pick from there.

We should be looking on the Right-mid position & perhaps a left-back to help cover Drury. (I would like to see a target man in, but i don''t think we need that as much as the other two positions. After all ~ We have McKenzie and Earny up-front! - After all, these 2 should be one of the best pairs in the league.)

And just maybe they might also add some strength in depth to the squad?????!!!!  This ''no better than we have got'' rubbish being trawled out by some people is really beginning to get to me.  It is not necessarily just a case of needing better players,  it is a case of having a pool of players to choose from to keep momentum going if injuries bite. 

We are heading for the same situation as last season, where we will have to cover injuries with expensive loan players, who will not bed in and will cost us a fortune to sit on the bench.  It is a policy short in vision and lacking in any long term outlook.

Perhaps Mr Worthington is hoping that if he keeps the squad weak in numbers, that as soon as we get a couple of injuries and it all goes pear-shaped like last season, he can put his hands up AGAIN, and say, ''not my fault, we have injuries''.

Our lack of transfer activity is nothing short of a disgrace.  I only hope that the board is holding the money back so they can pay off Nigels ludicrous annual rolling contract if he fails to deliver a decent start to this key season. 

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]Sorry but the majority of those players would  add nothing to the squad apart from another wage.[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

This ''no better than we have got'' rubbish being trawled out by some people is really beginning to get to me.  It is not necessarily just a case of needing better players,  it is a case of having a pool of players to choose from to keep momentum going if injuries bite. 

[/quote]

Exactly.  What we have got made 9th place last season.....  I think many people overstate how good many of our players are.  Any injuries and we are in trouble.  What if Huckerby suffers a lack of form - at 200K Alan Mahon would have been a blinding signing, or Mark Kennedy on a free.  Our defense last season was shocking, a solid right back or centre half could have made all the difference.

New signings bolster the team and fans.

[quote user="JC"]

This ''no better than we have got'' rubbish being trawled out by some people is really beginning to get to me.  It is not necessarily just a case of needing better players,  it is a case of having a pool of players to choose from to keep momentum going if injuries bite. 

[/quote]

Exactly.  What we have got made 9th place last season.....  I think many people overstate how good many of our players are.  Any injuries and we are in trouble.  What if Huckerby suffers a lack of form - at 200K Alan Mahon would have been a blinding signing, or Mark Kennedy on a free.  Our defense last season was shocking, a solid right back or centre half could have made all the difference.

New signings bolster the team and fans.

" Why would anyone want to join an broke, under performing, non football playing side. "

with loads of miserable, whinging fans

[quote user="pete"]Why would anyone want to join an broke, under performing, non football playing side.[/quote]

You forgot "with some of the most pessimistic fans in the league"

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="pete"]Why would anyone want to join an broke, under performing, non football playing side.[/quote]

You forgot "with some of the most pessimistic fans in the league"
[/quote]

Cause and effect

KTF don`t want to discuss the reasons, they would rather insult the fans than blame the manager for the failings.

" KTF don`t want to discuss the reasons, they would rather insult the fans than blame the manager for the failings."

I see.

Silly old me thought that discussion was a process of exchanging ideas in order to reach a conclusion. Not the dictatorial need to toe some party line ie ''it''s all the manager''s fault''.

For someone who objects to insults it does seem odd that any free thought is labelled ''keeping the faith''.

[quote]Cause and effect[/quote]

The cause 

Poor play in the first half of last season, caused to an extent by lots of injuries in a small squad, which led to a side being chopped and changed and losing confidence.  Our results improved in the second half of the season, but this fact seems to have been ignored by people with an agenda.

Effect

Protests outside the ground, barracking of players in the ground, booing of key players, applauding of opposition goals, people feeling that they belong more to a protest movement than the club.

If you cut your knee, do you sit there picking at it ?  Or do you find a plaster ?

If we start the season divided as fans, there is no chance that we will get anywhere.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

The cause 

Poor play in the first half of last season, caused to an extent by lots of injuries in a small squad, which led to a side being chopped and changed and losing confidence.  Our results improved in the second half of the season, but this fact seems to have been ignored by people with an agenda.

Effect

Protests outside the ground, barracking of players in the ground, booing of key players, applauding of opposition goals, people feeling that they belong more to a protest movement than the club.

If you cut your knee, do you sit there picking at it ?  Or do you find a plaster ?

If we start the season divided as fans, there is no chance that we will get anywhere.

[/quote]

The ironic thing was that booing and protests seeemed to lead to an improvement in results.

Divided works both ways. You are divided from the majority of the fans.

You still insist on blaming the fans rather than blaming the result on the pitch or the manager responsible for said team.

The truth is the vast majority of supporters want Worthington gone.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" KTF don`t want to discuss the reasons, they would rather insult the fans than blame the manager for the failings." I see. Silly old me thought that discussion was a process of exchanging ideas in order to reach a conclusion. Not the dictatorial need to toe some party line ie ''it''s all the manager''s fault''. For someone who objects to insults it does seem odd that any free thought is labelled ''keeping the faith''.[/quote]

Its clearly not all the managers fault but reading the typical KTF replies you could conclude that he was totally in the clear.

Its his team, he is in charge, how about at least one mention of his failings.

No we are the best fans in the world so says Delia but some of us want to see football and soe indication the Management Team and Board want to take us in a forward direction.

Protests and real disapproval only started to kick in after December''s Manager of the Month proved in January that this was a very false dawn, only marginal 2nd half improvement which only applied at home was never going to be enough to paper over the cracks.  Be prepared for more of the same, be afraid very afraid. 

[quote user="pete"]Why would anyone want to join an broke, under performing, non football playing side.[/quote]

you missed the fact that narrow minded fans cheer when the other team scores. cos thats gonna help a team.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

The cause 

Effect

[/quote]

This post is spot on. if we dont get a good start its gonna be much of the same, booing fans, worthy will get the sack, the outers will be happy again but by this point any talent we had will want to leave so they dont become the next target if thing go wrong again. what would happen if worthy went and the form dipped further?

We are not divided , a huge majority want this manager removed from the club asap , expect Worthy out chants and sack the Board at the first home match .

Silly statement.  When did the census and the vote take place?

[quote user="John Travolta is back"]

you missed the fact that narrow minded fans cheer when the other team scores. cos thats gonna help a team.

[/quote]Would we still have won that game if they didn''t? I''m not so sure...

[quote user="John Travolta is back"]

[/quote]

Thats funny because it actually did seem to help?

We came back against QPR and the results/performances improved slightly after the protests.

Again another KTF who blames the fans for the performances on the pitch.

If the manager has nothing to do with whats going on (on the pitch) then why do we even have one?

Please can someone ban the use of the words KTF & WO?? It''s getting mighty boring.

[quote user="Mook"]Please can someone ban the use of the words KTF & WO?? It''s getting mighty boring.[/quote]I''ve been reliably informed that the words KTF and WO will be included in the next edition of the Oxford Dictionary, so  I guess Worthy''s managerial career  hasn''t been a total failure then?

[quote user="beelsie"]

We are not divided , a huge majority want this manager removed from the club asap , expect Worthy out chants and sack the Board at the first home match .

Silly statement.  When did the census and the vote take place?

[/quote]

There have been many petitions and online polls as well as a vote at St Andrews hall.

There have been many Worthy Out protests yet we have yet to see any form of mass supporter support for Worthy outside of a handful of KFT like yourself who post online.

Go to all the major NCFC online forums, here, WOTB and The official website and the vast vast majority want Worthy out.

Did you hear the mass displeasure at some of the games last year?

I guess the above is not good enough to draw any conclusions?

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="John Travolta is back"]

[/quote]

Thats funny because it actually did seem to help?

We came back against QPR and the results/performances improved slightly after the protests.

Again another KTF who blames the fans for the performances on the pitch.

If the manager has nothing to do with whats going on (on the pitch) then why do we even have one?

[/quote]

I want worthy out aswell. there are just better ways of doing things than what is happening at our club. One thing is for sure he will be our manager next season, like it or not. do you realy thing the lack of transfer activity is all worthys fault? if you were a player would you want in at the moment? If things dont change the only outcome will be, yes worthy will get sacked but any talent we have will have to go leaving us down and out. the only way out of this league is with the fans united from the start, if that doesn''t work im sure the board will make the right choice this time.