Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Ceefax Outrage!!!

I have just finished reading the sports letters page (p. 359) and have to share with everyone the contents of a letter from one M. Cylmer of Clarkston, Glasgow. His letter reads:

''If Norwich City are the best side in Division One, as their league position suggests, then the standard must be the worst ever. I''ve watched them three times recently and its been like watching paint dry. Unless they buy a completely new squad they won''t last five minutes in the Premiership next season''.

Is this pillock worth wasting time and energy over in terms of a reply? (I feel a huge dollop of sarcasm coming on if I do bother), or should I take a leaf out of Worthy''s book (Canariesworld today - ''I don''t listen to what other people say. Football is all about opinions''.) and also follow what Flem says (Canariesworld today - words to the effect that it is up to the players to make these people shut up)? Honestly, if I hear one more person say anything remotely denigrating about our team, the standard of this division, the amount of new players we will need, etc., etc. I will SCREAM AND SCREAM AND SCREAM and I shall not stop until someone at least tries to show some intelligence and attempts to back up their arguments with logical proof. On the other hand, if anyone thinks I should reply, please let me know of some very cutting points I might make to shut up this tawdry little person of amoeba-like brain cell proportions! (Reply en masse yourselves with pleasure, too. ceefax@bbc.co.uk should do it nicely!)

GRRRRRRR!!!!

Probably thinks Malky and Holty shouldnt be in the Scotland side either.

I suggest we reply en masse and find out what loser team he supports.

I''m having a think now as to how I shall word my reply. 50 words max I think, and I''ll post it on here for (constructive!) comments before sending. Anyone else who cares to do the same - please go ahead. The more the merrier!

I have now drafted a reply to this moron. Please say if it''s any use:

To make such informed comments about Division 1 I presume that you a) have seen all of Norwich''s matches this season, b) know exactly what has been the secret of our success, and c) are glad to see Norwich top as you are not a sour fan of a so-called ''bigger'' club, such as West Ham. No? Didn''t think so!

It''s hard to keep it to so few words, but prune away folks if you can!

it makes me so angry. grrr

i got really frustrated earlier today on the BBC 606 board when some ******* was going on about all the empty seats at carrow rd on saturday. apparently there was some picture in The Sun today showing empty seats. he just wouldnt accept that we had sold out and the picture according to him told the exact truth. i didnt see the pic so couldnt really comment on it apart from pointing out that the match had ben sold out for weeks.

mistersparkle,

Here''s a link to the picture in the Sun...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004180024,00.html

As expected, the ''empty'' seats are the usual safety zone between the away fans and the home fans.

Wasn''t it 97% attendance again?

Cheers

gordyboy

For some reason I do think the media are treating us very badly. I read all the papers yesterday lookingfor reports of our glorious march to the Prem and one stood out. In the Telegraph there was a small colum witha report headed something like "Merson with work to do". Sod all about how we confounded the critics to play some scintillating football to get back'' to the Prem after 9 years, but an uninteresting and uninsightful pieces about a club that few are interested in and their self inflicted (and very minor) crisis.

Now had we been Ipswich there would probably be some favourable and in depth coverage.

Folks on this Board have commented before but there definitely seems a media bias against us.

We all know what we know, I think some of you are a little thin skinned. Some knuckleheads make such crass statements out of ignorance and some out of jealousy, by rising to the bait you are encouraging these tw*ts, just forget it.

Whenever anyone tried to wind you up during a football match, it was generally because they were losing the game, the most appropriate response would be to ask "whats the score" or just smile and walk away, I assure you by ignoring some mouthy idiot, winds them up more than you can appreciate.

Chill, you''re happy in the knowledge that City will be playing Arsenal and Man U and that no rubbish team from Glasgow will ever play there and be playing the mighty Motherwell or Kilmarnock for ever and a day.

Best not to dignify the Ceefax letter with a response. He/she obviously believes one of the "big" teams should be going back automatically. Im convinced some of the media (especially Sky Sports) are expecting NW and Delia to hold a press conference to concede our automatic promotion spot to the Ammers or Blades just because they deserve to be in the Premiership.

NW always says to concentrate on us alone. Don''t be concerned about some bloke 500 odd miles who has caught us on Sky once or twice this season.

He''s probably Brazil''s brother-in-law anyway...

Peter and Dirty Lyle, I know in my heart of hearts that what you say about ignorant morons hundreds of miles away is correct. Problem is with us lasses that we are perhaps not able to rationalise some things in the same way that you guys do - the rotten old hormones come into play a bit, I fear. What I''m trying to say in a pathetic way is that I am ashamed that I did bite the bullet and write to Ceefax, partly out of curiosity to see how easy (or otherwise) it is to get something printed on there. Answer? It''s easy! Having hoped they might ignore the ramblings of a tired idiot at 7.30 am today, they have only gone and printed it...unedited!
If anyone is interested, it''s on p.359 (page 3 of 6). I feel funny looking at it as I really should have left well alone. Sorry if anyone feels I haven''t done the club a good service by saying what I did. I''ll try and learn from it for next time as I''m sure there will be plenty more dross to come in the future!

Well done Susie B.You''ve done us proud.
I''m afraid I''m one of the posters who only comes on here every now and then just to stir things up! I am, however, an avid reader of this board and thoroughly enjoy most of the contributors. It is without doubt the best board of all.
Keep it up everybody, I''m just too lazy (and old and miserable!) to contribute and/or respond at times.
Of course I still worship the Messiah 1st Wizard!!

The English media''s coverage of Norwich is absolutely appalling. One of the Sunday tabloids devoted just one paragraph to the match report from the Walsall game ! Another Sunday paper rambled on about Merson''s role and virtually ignored the fact that we scored five

However one bit of good news - this month''s edition of World Soccer has devoted its entire column on English football to the exploits of the Canaries. Ok so the usual cliches are there - Bayern Munich 1993 and Delie - but all in all good coverage for the Canaries