Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

Stop this Chase rubbish

I am utterly appalled and flabbergasted by the ridiculous calls in some quarters, albeit a minority, to "bring back Robert Chase".

He had the fortune to be around at a time when we had some of the best managers we''ve ever had in Brown, Stringer and Walker, all of whom knew how to produce footballing teams on a shoestring budget, but all of whom were fortunate cheap-option appointments.

However, he sold the success of this club, the fans, and the finances down the river. He dragged total failure from the jaws of our wonderful hard-fought successes, and lost us Mike Walker, and subsequently Ruel Fox, Chris Sutton, Martin O''Neill, Jon Newsome, Ashley Ward and countless others through his ridiculously injudicious financial planning.

The man attached himself to the club and it''s political power like a limpet, and it took us years to rid ourselves of the cancer that became Robert Chase. To suggest that he could be the answer "because we won games when he was here, so we''re bound to play winning, attractive football again" is an insult, not just to the collective intelligence, but to all of us who had police batons swung at our heads in an effort to get our club back.

I totally agree.

Sadly it''s the usual suspects who are getting the bandwagon rolling.

Maybe it''s just another "shock tactic" to show their "disappointment" in the club.  Maybe it''s just attention seeking.

It''s just misguided attention seeking and sensationalism at a time when we need to be pulling together as fans.

Best to just ignore it.

Quite a few were signing a post to bring him back on the official site a few nights back , 3rd ,4th ,5th place finishes in the top flight , European football, 2 fa cup semi finals compared to Delias what ? 1 promotion from a bad league and a season as a laughing stock in the top flight ....you decide , this is a FOOTBALL CLUB , not a plaything for a camera loving cook.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

02, I think Wiz is winding us up.  Ignore him.

[/quote]

I really should ignore this but I can''t.

O2:

As I was in the thick of the galloping horses (I don''t remember no batons by the way!) I feel I''m able to imput some thoughts on this. Yes, Chase had his faults, but I firmly believe our current board has more!.

Many of the arguements have already been aired by far better posters than I, so I won''t go over old ground here. But think on this: I believe I''m correct in saying that the Smith''s have a far bigger stranglehold on the club then Chase ever did.

Are you all happy about that?.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

If all the posters on the board ignored these "wind up" posts..........

[/quote]

Wind up SOB?................ I''m deadly serious my friend.

Obviously one witch-hunt wasn''t enough for you wiz ?

In the extremely unlikely occurence that you and your sub-genius bully-boys manage to make life uncomfortable for the current board, who do you think would buy the shares ?

Maybe what we need to do is sell the Carrow Road stadium, and build a new one further out of town, to raise some cash ?

Is that what you''re thinking ?

Because it''s one of the first things that would happen if a property development company were to get their greasy hands on the club.

To make a refreshing change, blahblahblah, I''m going to agree completely with you on this one.

If people honestly think that getting Chase back is the magical fix to all our problems, then they''re seriously delusional.

I have my reservations about the current board, and in particular about why we have such a small transfer budget this season.  But thinking that Chase is the answer is classic "the grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome.

[quote]To make a refreshing change, blahblahblah, I''m going to agree completely with you on this one[/quote]

Thankyou death.

The dafter the extremists get, the more people agree with me.

Keep up the work work, wiz !

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Yawn yawn , why dont we rubbish a true City legend like Sutton for something to do .[/quote]He was a decent player for us, but he wasn''t here long enough to be labeled a legend in my opinion.Besides, I''m not rubbishing him, I just think hes had his day.Comebacks rarely work. Remember Fleck...he was a shadow of his former self second time around. His best role was winding up the opposition, had a head like a 50p piece.

Is 1st Wizard even on this planet??? We wouldn''t be in this position if it wasnt for Robert Chase we would still hav O''Neill in charge! Some people really need to rethink there ridiculous posts!!!

You''re really drumming up some support here Wizard!!!!  I''ve always thoguht this ''Chase loving'' stance of yours was nothing more than kindling to spark another ''fire'' on the messageboard, nice to see everyone can see straight through you.I expected better (worse) of you.  maybe something along the lines of Doug Ellis, he''s another great Chairman right!?!?!?!  I''m sure the Villa fans will all be asking for him to come back in 15 years time. or notWould you prefer our current board or Villas!?!? 

I''m not going to agree with you this time Wiz! - Rather than typing out my opinion, it''s the same as Blah''s and Deaths.

The board and manager DO have some problems, but Chase is certainly not the anwser.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="We need a Manager"]Yawn yawn , why dont we rubbish a true City legend like Sutton for something to do .[/quote]

He was a decent player for us, but he wasn''t here long enough to be labeled a legend in my opinion.
Besides, I''m not rubbishing him, I just think hes had his day.
Comebacks rarely work. Remember Fleck...he was a shadow of his former self second time around. His best role was winding up the opposition, had a head like a 50p piece.
[/quote]

Ahh, Flecky.  Who else could kiss the badge on his shirt, in front of the Barclay, on his first visit after he moved to Chelsea, and still be forgiven?  At least he gave us some lighter moments on his second tour of duty, when there wasn''t much else to smile about.  

Remember when he mooned at the away fans?  They''d been winding him up all game (can''t remember who they were except that they were in blue and it wasn''t the scum, unfortunately).  Flecky came to take a throw-in in front of the away section.  As he bent over to pick up the ball, he quickly dropped his shorts to his knees and pulled them up again.  The away fans went berserk, Flecky put his innocent cherub face on, and the officials knew that something had gone on but didn''t see it.  Hilarious.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="We need a Manager"]Yawn yawn , why dont we rubbish a true City legend like Sutton for something to do .[/quote]

He was a decent player for us, but he wasn''t here long enough to be labeled a legend in my opinion.
Besides, I''m not rubbishing him, I just think hes had his day.
Comebacks rarely work. Remember Fleck...he was a shadow of his former self second time around. His best role was winding up the opposition, had a head like a 50p piece.
[/quote]

FFS you''ve now slagged of Sutton and Fleck both of whom have achieved great things for this club, yet Thorne who has contributed a big fat zero, but picked up a healthy pay check can do no wrong...I''m sorry but this is spin spin and more spin.

No one doubts that Fleck and Sutton did well whilst at this club, I don''t think that was the point of the post...surely anyone without rose tinted spectacles would admit that Fleck''s return was not particularly amazing, and though it was great to have him back I saw it mostly a last gasp stunt by Chase to get fans on his side.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]To make a refreshing change, blahblahblah, I''m going to agree completely with you on this one[/quote]

Thankyou death.

The dafter the extremists get, the more people agree with me.

Keep up the work work, wiz !

[/quote]

Whereas I''ll just let the forthcoming  league results back me up. They cannot lie.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No one doubts that Fleck and Sutton did well whilst at this club, I don''t think that was the point of the post...surely anyone without rose tinted spectacles would admit that Fleck''s return was not particularly amazing, and though it was great to have him back I saw it mostly a last gasp stunt by Chase to get fans on his side.[/quote]Which is pretty much what I posted in response, however it didn''t make it past moderation for some reason. Its getting odder by the day in these forums.

Even if we were relegated next season it wouldn''t warrant bringing back the fat controller. Pointless threads anyway as obviously it''s not going to happen. The only motivation can be to wind everyone up (apart from a few brainless sheep), well done yet again. I''d like to see a bring back Wiz thread in a couple of years, but that requires said person to keep his promise to leave. Funnily enough, didn''t Chase back down on a promise once.................hmm I wonder.........has anyone ever seen this "Dave/Wiz" character?