Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Decent quality retro shirts

I hate the tacky rubbish that passes for a football shirt nowadays, I''m into old stuff generally anyway (music, cars, films - I sometimes think I was born 20 years too late!) I want a shirt for this season, not bought an official one since the Colman sponsored days, but I''m looking for 60s/70s style cotton shirts, more in the style of a traditional rugby shirt.Does the club offer anything like this officially? If not I think they should, loads of people I''ve spoken to agree - modern football shirts are rubbish!Seen a few places online offering retro shirts, but none appear to be officially licenced in any way, obviously I''d rather support the club, but if they''re not offering what I want I''ll be forced to go elsewhere (if only it was that easy when the football they''re serving up isn''t to my taste...)

I''m liking the 1959 shirt there, nice vivid yellow and a good year for City too if memory serves (Man U - 2-0 at a snowladen FCR!)Cheers Bernard, shame the club don''t offer similar fare.