According to their local paper, the Owls put in a bid for 250k for Beckett and are awaiting a response. Looking at his profile, I can''t help thinking he could be the proven 20-goal striker we are looking for, and that Gareth Taylor is most definately not.

Look at their respective records.... Taylor''s isn''t as good as Iwan''s was 5 years ago, so he''s hardly a replacement. In fact he''s never scored 20 in a season, so hardly proven. And how many teams has he played for...?

Beckett on the other hand scored 27 league goals for a poor 2nd division side last season - he even got 7 in 19 at the tail end of Stockport''s stay in the first division. That''s as many goals last season as Hulse got for Crewe, and in his mid-twenties he''s still got plenty to offer.

Since we were first linked to him earlier in the summer its all gone quiet with only talk of Taylor left... I think the Pink''Un/Evening News should press Worthington on whether he still has any interest in Beckett - surely we can put together a decent offer with the money that has been tlaked about over the summer and the Russell money too...?

Here''s hoping, but please, no, not Gareth Taylor.

It''s said on one website that the other clubs looking at Beckett are Northampton, Plymouth, and Swindon. Do we really think we should be in that queue, especially if the fee turns out to be a big figure? How good is he likely to be in the 1st division? The Owls apparently put in an offer before the season, but heard nothing (not the only club to experience that sort of thing). They then enquired about Nielsen when Norwich were interested in Bromby. When we said that Nielsen stays, Sheff. Wed. seemed to renew interest in Beckett. Interesting sequence of events.

I think we should swoop for him!
Wednesday have only bid 250 000..not a great deal!

Remember Ashley Ward only cost 350 000 or there abouts!!!

seeing these old posts being dragged up makes me think where are all these people, amarillo, mook, worthyout, chicken, tumbleweed, highlander, unilmiller and all those people who were on here b4 christmas and even before this season.................

where are u?

please come back and be controversial!!!!