Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

City to sign right winger

Reported in todays Mail, City have had a £800,000 bid accepted for Manchester City`s, Lee Croft 21.

Worthy reported as saying, he has been hunting a right winger all summer, and Croft  is perfect for the role.

Cant find anything on sky, but maybe a new face at last.

I have seen him a couple of times and he looks quite handy, but dont get your hopes up. Worthington has never in 6 years signed an out and out right winger. He''s converted Henderson, ryan J, Huckerby, even mckenzie, bentley, mcveigh, snooze, mulryne, jonson, etc etc.

If Worthy is close to hitting the panic button he may splash the cash. Croft would be a great signing. Would he want to come here though?

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]

I asked a Man City fan at work about Croft.  He says he is fat and small.  He then compared him to a skill-less Andy Reid.

Oh dear.

[/quote]

Looks like they are right.

13 stone for a 5'' 11" footballer is heavy. Especially for a winger.

Maybe they are hoping he will carve out a natural camber down both flanks to help drainage.

Oh no!,  its Hughes all over again.

Don''t come here mate, its not nice here and the manager will soon put you on the bench..........................again.

Still you''re use to that aren''t you?.

Don''t get too excited! Other clubs are interested and will be putting in bids, apparently. Leeds is one. If you were Croft, and had to choose between Leeds and Norwich, there''s no contest, - he''s a northerner, Leeds are going places with ambition, and our type of football and tactics are becoming well known.

We can always hope, but....

Skysports.com can confirm that Manchester City have accepted Norwich''s offer for Lee Croft, although they face stiff competition to land the highly rated winger.

Talks have opened between Croft''s advisors and Norwich, but it is also understood that Coventry, Birmingham and Leeds are all preparing bids for the 21-year-old.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405716&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=2&title=Canaries+move+for+Croft

christ guys give him a chance!!!!!!!!!!!

most of you i''m guessing haven''t seen him play, from the snippets i''ve seen he looked ok.

the problem is (and i am a Worthy outer) that everytime something happens too many people want to dismiss it without any background knowledge. if we do sign him and if he is the next andy hughes then i''ll be the first to have a go at the manager, but with all this negativity no wonder we can''t attract players!!!

END OF RANT

Do you ever get the feeling that some people will complain no matter who the transfer target is?

"I don''t like that Wayne Rooney, he''s a little podgy and he''s got a temper!"

Chris, I was only kidding old bean.

I will in real terms be extreemly positive about him until he proves otherwise.

I don''t think that any negativity on this board effects who we sign though.

No problem yellow, not just aimed at you as you probably guessed!!!

It does make you wonder though if players do read these boards? it wouldn''t surprise me in the slightest if they did, maybe not b4 they sign but certainly once they''ve got their feet under the table. Also i am sure these players talk to each other, remember Hucks was at Man City while Croft was a kid, lets hope Hucks tells him everything is sweetness and light and he comes and signs!

I think that by just signing Lee Croft, a good player in a position we need, it would make this summer more successful than last summer where we wasted loads of money on rubbish players while letting go some good players.