Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Building for the future!

You know what Paul? Before I opened your post I was going to make a remark about seeing the half finished hotel from a passing train then I opened the thread and there it was.

Looks like one of those half finished places you see in Greece.

By the way, the new Wembley has stalled and is unlikely to be ready for next years Cup Final. The new Arsenal stadium is finished on time and on budget. This is the difference between public money and private money and the need to do or die.

The new Wembley will probably get another huge influx of public money to get it done. I wonder how much the 2012 Olympics will cost us.

Putting this into perspective I suppose NCFC have done well with all their developments even though the buildings around the ground are not especially pleasing to the eye. The new hotel will at least keep the sound in and the wind out so expect a better atmosphere and a worse pitch.

Paul, can you redo the photo please on your wide-angle lens so that I can see my seat, I''ve missed it all summer and want to make sure that its still there. Thanks 

is this wot it the in fill actually looks like or wot it eventually will once finished?

surely this is one of the worst places in norwaich to build a hotel, between the barclay and away fans

Bla-bla wrote

I used to enjoy watching the cars go up Carrow road from the river end second tier.  It was quite surreal;

HuH!!! wish I could have said that about the football.

Of course it looks awful, they''re halfway through putting up the bloomin'' concrete structure! It''s not going to look like that when it''s done. Oh, and it''s going to be a four star Holiday Inn.

Yeah it might look awful but look at the money it''s going to bring into the club.

Apparently we''ve signed a deal that they can use the large grass area between the two 18 yard boxes on the pitch as a car park on matchdays. Potential for in excess of 1000 cars at £2:50+ per hour on an otherwise useless piece of wasteground.............

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Presumably the rooms facing the pitch will be cheaper...........[/quote]

Can`t see that myself   ...  If I had a room facing the pitch   it would be full  of fans  on matchdays !  and , yes  ,  I`d be charging  about half the gate money  , then there`s  food and beer served  [:D]

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Wont the ball smash a window?[/quote]

The windows should be fine but they''ve used bulletproof glass for the skylights.......