Sign in to follow this  
The Original Yellow Fever

They have done it again

[quote user="Yellow Fever"]In the new team picture, the players have been lined up with the players with darker skin tones positioned simetrically, I think this is appalling and the second year they have done this in a row.[/quote]

And the problem is?  Chill out mate.

I remember this discussion from last year, and wondered how long it would take for someone to revive it.

I think if you look at most team''s squad photos they do the very same

thing.  It''s simply to provide balance to the photo, and is

probably the photographer''s idea.  The whole thing is symmetrical,

look at how the goalkeepers are in the middle (and on the top row,

which is different from most years I believe) and the coaching staff

are in the middle, and the other back-room staff are flanking the rows

with an even number on each side.

Is this discrimination against the Kit Men??

I think they did it to stop them talking about the exotic holidays they have been on in the sun.

The picture clearly shows all of the skiing enthusiasts in the middle. What is there to say about skiing?

Black people have black skin, white people white.

If 90% of the squad wore white t-shirts and 10% wore black, they would arrange the shirt colours symetrically to balance the pitcure out.

No difference. And I see the photographer is predjudice against keepers and the coaching staff, he has put them all together too.

I can guarantee you''ll not find a stronger opponent to racism than me. I''ve marched against it, I''ve even had a hiding for standing up for whats right before now.To label something as inconsequential as this as such is frankly insulting to people who have experienced the sharp end of genuine racism.It give power to the elbow of "all racism is political correctness" brigade. They single out things like this to strengthen their argument, which they know doesn''t stand up to scrutiny.

If you were to remove all the ancillary NCFC employee''s on the photo - physio and physio''s assistant, Terry kit man, Ricky Martin and Dave Williams etc, etc. It leaves a first team squad of  25 personnel.........of which 3 are keepers.

Rentacrowd at its finest.........[:|]      But hey!  "Quality not quantity!" Hopefully an injury free season and a few loan deals - then the world is our oilskin........[:S] 

[quote user="Yellow Fever"]In the new team picture, the players have been lined up with the players with darker skin tones positioned simetrically, I think this is appalling and the second year they have done this in a row.[/quote]

I did not look at the squad photo in that light at all and the fact that you did AND felt the need to comment on it, has tried to highlight something that just isn''t there. 

Astonishing. The moderators allow contemptuous drivel like this to be posted and yet deny me the retort it warrants.

No swearing/nothing libellous. Just a request for the author to ''get a life'' (no more no less) gets me my first ever deleted post in 2 years.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Astonishing. The moderators allow contemptuous drivel like this to be posted and yet deny me the retort it warrants.

No swearing/nothing libellous. Just a request for the author to ''get a life'' (no more no less) gets me my first ever deleted post in 2 years.

[/quote]Then I think you need to calm down a little.  The OP has only pointed something out that appears to happen every year.  To call him racist for doing so says more about you IMO.  I pointed it out in the other thread simply because i remembered it being raised as an issue last year, I personally don''t see the problem with it but I certianly see a problem with people who are overly quick to point and play the racist card.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]You could also argue that the white players have been symmetrically arranged around the black players[/quote]Ah, but then the politically correct would have nothing to moan about ;)

Mrs Boadicea was looking at the team photo in the EDP this evening, I asked her to have a real good look at the picture and tell me whether she could notice anything odd about it, she said apart from the fact that the grey haired bloke in a red shirt with NW on it was still unfortunately in the team photo she could see nothing wrong with the picture (whilst muttering funny loking bunch under her breath). I pointed out the "symetry" and she just said "Oh I wouldn`t have noticed until you pointed it out".

[quote user="Big A"][quote user="John Boubepo"]You could also argue that the white players have been symmetrically arranged around the black players[/quote]Ah, but then the politically correct would have nothing to moan about ;)[/quote]That''s very true Big A but have you noticed they have put the guy with a humungusly big nose bang in the middle, now if I was a member of the politically correct brigade I''d be bl@@dy seething about that I can tell you!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Big A"][quote user="John Boubepo"]You could also argue that the white players have been symmetrically arranged around the black players[/quote]Ah, but then the politically correct would have nothing to moan about ;)[/quote]That''s very true Big A but have you noticed they have put the guy with a humungusly big nose bang in the middle, now if I was a member of the politically correct brigade I''d be bl@@dy seething about that I can tell you![/quote]Thats noseist, you should be ashamed! :)

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

I think if you look at most team''s squad photos they do the very same thing. 

[/quote]

No they absolutely do not. I checked quite a few team photos of other clubs last year, and none of them arrange their black players symmetrically.

This is the third year running (to my certain knowledge) that black players have been arranged in this way in the Norwich team photo. It may have been going on longer than that, but 2004 was when I first became aware.

There can no longer be any room for doubt that this arrangement of black players is intentional, and it bothers me because it''s likely to end with Norwich City being held up to ridicule and scorn. And I don''t want that.

[quote user="Cantley"]

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]I think if you look at most team''s squad photos they do the very same thing.  [/quote]

There can no longer be any room for doubt that this arrangement of black players is intentional, and it bothers me because it''s likely to end with Norwich City being held up to ridicule and scorn. And I don''t want that.

[/quote]What are you talking about!?!  You don''t read the Daily Mail perchance, or maybe your name is Malcolm.  its 2006 now and we live in a world where colour and creed and coexist without scrutiny.  The fact that you bring this up and campaign so strongly just makes you look like a closet racist.  As somebody else posted in this thread, maybe the white players were arrranged symmetrically..........  and by height.........and by job................i''m sure Martin Luther King is turning in his grave.  Or Not.

[quote user="Cantley"]

No they absolutely do not. I checked quite a few team photos of other clubs last year, and none of them arrange their black players symmetrically.

[/quote]Seriously mate, you''ve got too much time on your hands.

[quote user="Big A"][quote user="Cantley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we live in a world where colour and creed and coexist without scrutiny.

[/quote]

Exactly. So why do Norwich City pick out their black players and arrange them into pretty patterns?

[quote user="Cantley"]

[/quote]

This is the third year running (to my certain knowledge) that black players have been arranged in this way in the Norwich team photo. It may have been going on longer than that, but 2004 was when I first became aware.

[/quote]

Of course it is intentional, it''s for aesthetics. To dumb it down a bit, it''s like having a flame on each side of your Corsa, instead of 2 flames down one side and none on the other.

Simple as that. No more no less.

The only thing about this picture that would lead to ridicule and scorn being directed towards NCFC would be the fact that certain fans get so het up and overreact to a nothing issue like this and decide to post their objections to it!

I think its appalling that they haven''t matched Gary Doherty up with anyone in the photo.......he stands out like a sore thumb now

[quote user="Cantley"][quote user="Big A"][quote user="Cantley"]

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]I think if you look at most team''s squad photos they do the very same thing.  [/quote]

[/quote]we live in a world where colour and creed and coexist without scrutiny.[/quote]

Exactly. So why do Norwich City pick out their black players and arrange them into pretty patterns?

[/quote]I don''t know, because it makes a pretty picture? why don''t you contact the photographer?  I believe he masquerades as the Norwich reresentative of the KKK.What exactly do you hope to get out of this?  the club to admit they are racist?  well its not going to happen..............because its not true.