Sign in to follow this  
Gary

Moaning

Surely it is more important we sign the right players rather then when we sign them.  We have made too many pannick buys before and it clearly hasn''t worked so everyone relax a bit and moan when we have signed them if they''re not good enough

Well said but it does get frustrating when other teams are signing good players. I hope we sort out are right sided midfield problem soon otherwise i might recommend myself as I play there! But yeh getting the right players and backing them is the most important thing for the club.

[quote user="Gary"]Surely it is more important we sign the right players rather then when we sign them.  We have made too many pannick buys before and it clearly hasn''t worked so everyone relax a bit and moan when we have signed them if they''re not good enough[/quote]

You contradict yourself - the reason  we have made panic buys in the past is because of just this - the fact that we always leave it to the last minute when buying players! So you can be sure we will end up with another Hughes within 2 or 3 weeks of the season kick off.

I just have an uneasy feeling that the club (ie. the board) do not really want to add to the squad but would prefer to rely on loan signings and crossed fingers.  Their reasoning would probably be that although this policy backfired spectacularly last season because of the number of injuries, we won''t be so unlucky again.  "Squad building" has become a luxury as far as the board is concerned. 

To deny that we''re in financial trouble has about as much credibility as Delia denying she''d had a couple prior to her  "Where are you?" speech. 

I hope I''m wrong.  I hope it''s all Worthy''s fault.  I know in my heart that it isn''t, and I''m not.