Sign in to follow this  
South Norfolk Old Boy

Where is all the money? - ask Nigel. Let's help him out.....

So Nigel, you’d like to know where all the money has gone and why you don’t have any to spend (tonight’s EEN). Let me and around 20,000 others help you…….

YOU SPENT IT ALL! YOU BOUGHT A LOAD OF HAS BEENS WHEN WE WERE IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND YOU FOLLOWED THAT UP WITH A LOAD OF UNFIT JOURNEYMEN LOAN SIGNINGS AND DONKEY MIDFIELDERS.

Ringing a bell now is it?

Don''t forget the loans. Money spent and nothing to show for it.

In addition to what he is doing to the Canaries, Nigel has already throttled the goose that was laying the golden eggs.

[quote user="South Norfolk Old Boy"]

So Nigel, you’d like to know where all the money has gone and why you don’t have any to spend (tonight’s EEN). Let me and around 20,000 others help you…….

YOU SPENT IT ALL! YOU BOUGHT A LOAD OF HAS BEENS WHEN WE WERE IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND YOU FOLLOWED THAT UP WITH A LOAD OF UNFIT JOURNEYMEN LOAN SIGNINGS AND DONKEY MIDFIELDERS.

Ringing a bell now is it?

[/quote]

To be fair to him the quote is “With the money we have got to spend it is proving very difficult to get the quality of player that I want,”. Which isn''t the words you''re putting in his mouth, SNOB is becomming the new Spinmaster, Mr. Doncaster will be jealous!

Paul, with your stats hat on what do you estimate to be the typical weekly wage of a Premiership loanee and how many weeks are we talking about in total?

I bet it''s a tidy sum.

On top of that: how many games did we get for our money? I bet it works out exhorbitantly on a minutes on the pitch ratio a la Walsh.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Paul, with your stats hat on what do you estimate to be the typical weekly wage of a Premiership loanee and how many weeks are we talking about in total? I bet it''s a tidy sum. On top of that: how many games did we get for our money? I bet it works out exhorbitantly on a minutes on the pitch ratio a la Walsh.[/quote]

It is the board''s policy to operate with a small squad and supplement it with loan signings, not the manager''s.  It wouldn''t change if Worthy left and we got another manager. 

We started last season with the smallest squad in the Championship.  The loans policy backfired badly because of the number of injuries. "Lessons  learned"?  It doesn''t look as though that was one of them.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Paul, with your stats hat on what do you estimate to be the typical weekly wage of a Premiership loanee and how many weeks are we talking about in total? I bet it''s a tidy sum. On top of that: how many games did we get for our money? I bet it works out exhorbitantly on a minutes on the pitch ratio a la Walsh.[/quote]

It is the board''s policy to operate with a small squad and supplement it with loan signings, not the manager''s.  It wouldn''t change if Worthy left and we got another manager. 

We started last season with the smallest squad in the Championship.  The loans policy backfired badly because of the number of injuries. "Lessons  learned"?  It doesn''t look as though that was one of them.

[/quote]

I''m not sure mystic, I was under the impression matters regarding the squad were entirely under Worthy''s juristiction, within the available budget?

I may be wrong??