Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Some strange ironies

I''ve noticed a couple of starnge ironies from when we got relegated in 1995 to when we''re going up in 2004:

1) Worthington was in the Leeds side that sent us down
2) Our manager at the time was Megson, who will be promoted with us this year
3) Leeds sent us down. For the first time in decades they look like they''ll be leaving the top flight the year we return.

Anybody else noticed any coincidences?

If these coincidences are extrapolated, does this mean they are destined for nine years hard labour in the Coca Cola League Championship? Also, does this mean we are going to spend like fury in an effort to get into Europe, fail, and ultimately leave the club with debts of approaching one hundred million? Thankfully my heart and mind both say no to the second one, as to the first one...I''m not too bothered really!

No you can''t, shortfab! I have it on good authority from a friend''s great uncle''s second cousin''s budgie that THE Alan Smith only shops in Waitrose, so it can''t have been him, now, can it? Shame on you for suggesting otherwise!

Haven''t ever seen Alan Smith, i assume you mean the ex-arsenal player, in waitrose. Why would he shop there anyway, does he live loacally? Have seen Hucks, Flem and Greeno with Sarah Thomas but that''s it. Also, if anyone ever needs some cheese come get some on friday night, mention cheeseboard and you may get a discount.

Gary Kelly in Tesco...NO, from the same source I mentioned before. Gary Kelly in Budgens, then you might have something!!! (I apologise to all. Must be the impending excitement caused by me going out midweek!!! Never happens normally, except to play tennis matches!)