Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

You can hear the excuses now.....

We haven''t signed anyone yet, so if we do sign anyone it is not going to give them long to get up to the apparently high standards of fitness that are held by players at the club and the intensive training.

This will give Worthington etc the perfect excuse if we start off poorly to the season.

" The new players are not up to scratch fitness wise yet", you can hear it already.

Any player that we will be targetting will be taking care of themselves over the summer, and keeping close to peak fitness, it''s the professional thing to do.

[quote] " The new players are not up to scratch fitness wise yet", you can hear it already.[/quote]

And if we win games and top the league afdter 5 matches it won''t be down to the well scouted and selected players whose purchases have been negotiated despite the fact that they are players whose owners don''t want them to leave, it won''t be down to the good work being done in training either.

Nope, if we start well this season, people in here will say that it''s all down to pressure from the fans.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Nope, if we start well this season, people in here will say that it''s all down to pressure from the fans.

[/quote]

Probably blah or fluke/luck apparently.........

I think maybe we should see who we sign rather than worry about when they sign.  The only reason last summers buys struggled to settle in was that Colin came from abroad and Jarrett, Hughes and Louis-Jean were coming back from injury, or suffered injuries during pre-season and were unfit in general.  As blah pointed out, most players should be fit in the pre-season

Any player that we will be targetting will be taking care of themselves over the summer, and keeping close to peak fitness, it''s the professional thing to do.

[quote] " The new players are not up to scratch fitness wise yet", you can hear it already.[/quote]

And if we win games and top the league afdter 5 matches it won''t be down to the well scouted and selected players whose purchases have been negotiated despite the fact that they are players whose owners don''t want them to leave, it won''t be down to the good work being done in training either.

[/quote]

Well, if we sign a REAL right winger, play the ball on the deck, players in their correct positions, pick creative players as well as workers, drop Hooze and use youth. Then yes it probably is down to the fans.

[/quote]

But we wont start well so I wouldnt waste your time predicting what will happen if we do.

Silly me Paul, it''s pressure from the fans that gets results, not coaches that pick the players or train them, or scouts that find them.  I can just hear the Arsenal fans clubbing together right now to get some posters done for the Wenger Out campaign in that case.  Maybe if there had been a Wenger Out campaign last season, Arsenal would have won the champions league final ?

Silly me Paul, it''s pressure from the fans that gets results, not coaches that pick the players or train them, or scouts that find them.  I can just hear the Arsenal fans clubbing together right now to get some posters done for the Wenger Out campaign in that case.  Maybe if there had been a Wenger Out campaign last season, Arsenal would have won the champions league final ?

[/quote]

So it is the managers fault then.  Thanks blahblahblah for clearing your views up.

WORTHY OUT

[quote]So it is the managers fault then.  Thanks blahblahblah for clearing your views up.

WORTHY OUT[/quote]

In your eyes, no doubt if anything goes wrong it will be the managers'' fault, and if anything goes right, it will be the fans to thank for pointing it out to the manager. 

[quote]So it is the managers fault then.  Thanks blahblahblah for clearing your views up.

WORTHY OUT[/quote]

In your eyes, no doubt if anything goes wrong it will be the managers'' fault, and if anything goes right, it will be the fans to thank for pointing it out to the manager. 

[/quote]

I do get the impression our manager does need a lot of basic things pointed out to him.

Holt over Safri,  Eddy over Helveg, Hucks dropped for both Derby games, Donkey Hooze picked week in week out,  I could go on and on and on.....

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

I could go on and on and on.....

[/quote]

Could?

Are you taking the p*ss?

[quote]

I do get the impression our manager does need a lot of basic things pointed out to him.

Holt over Safri,  Eddy over Helveg, Hucks dropped for both Derby games, Donkey Hooze picked week in week out,  I could go on and on and on.....[/quote]

It''s very easy to criticise a decision.  Far harder to make an reasoned argument against a decision.

You do go on and on (and on) about the "poor decisions", but I''ve yet to see you attempt to offer better alternatives with reasoned argument.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Language Herbie!!  Some of us youngsters are easily offended. [;)]

[/quote]Shouldn''t you be posting bizarre sexual fantasies about me and other posters on the wotb board?I thought thats how you liked to spend your days lately...

If it was pressure from fans that got results we would have done a bloody site better than we did last season. It was a poor manager that chose the hoofball methods. Lets face we had our best run when Hughes was injured but the management couldn''t see it and once he came back we went on our poor run again. As for the last few games we were poor and only just scraped wins. We have a smaller squad this season we need a miracle.

What would happen if our neighbours do better than us will the board admit they sacked the wrong one. 

i notice my post was deleted... and yet certain other people can say what they like on here and its still allowed to be posted....

would of been nice to have had an explanation as to why Pinkun-mods.. but oh well

jas :)