Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

city 4 fakenham 0

goals from huckerby, jarvis 2 from thorne (yep thorne)

mckenzie missed pen in first half

safri, huckerby and ryan jarvis looking sharp.

hughes hasn''t learned to pass!

wow im astonished, norwich beat sum1 4-0 but i supose fakenham didnt pose much threat. im suprised thorne scored 2 as 2 be honest i think we might aswell play a young striker who has a future rather than him. im not suprised huckerby looked good as he seems to be mentaly and physicaly prepaired for the season and im sure will be trying his hardest to help norwich. unfortunatly norwich need new sining, if they dont get them then we cant improve as last season it was a poor effort to get anywhere in the league. meh never mind i will always suport the team even if they r in same league as fakenham ha ha.

What a pleasure it was to be watching the boys again last night. For those that weren''t there here''s a view on the best team based solely on last night''s performance, & playing in the positions for which they were selected last night - Lewis, Colin, Doherty, Rossi Jarvis, Drury, Fisk, Safri, Hughes, Huckerby, McKenzie, McVeigh. I agree Saf & Hucks were the stars, no real argument re Ryan Jarvis but I thought he, Leon & Thorne were much of a muchness up front. A special mention for Pat Bexfield who looks a very good prospect at left back; Robert Eagle & Bally Smart were also impressive   

Good to see Thorne in the goals, and Huckerby apparantly playing well.

Just to put the result into perspective:

Fakenham 1 Norwich 8 - Libbra hat-trick on debut

By Ahmad Barclay
Date: 12/7/2001

It was Fakenham that opened the scoring, but in the end they were brushed aside by a strong Norwich side last night. French triallist Marc Libbra stole the show with a hat-trick of stunning goals, while last season''s top marksman Iwan Roberts also netted three, and new-boy Clint Easton got a brace.

Fakenham''s Stuart Williams definitely deserves a mention in here somewhere. He gave his side a shock 1-0 lead after just over a minute, heading past young shot-stopper Aaron Osborne and into the Norwich net. To be fair Osbourne isn''t the most experienced of ''keepers, and his name won''t even be familiar to most fans, but it can''t take away from Williams'' effort.

City were back on level terms as Roberts headed home ten minutes later, and soon after Libbra opened his account with a powerful header. Norwich found themselves 4-1 up by half-time, Clint Easton scored from a loose ball in the Fakenham defence and Roberts added to his tally with a second header.

It wasn''t long before the Canaries were 5-1 up, as Clint Easton struck a sweet effort from the edge of the box. Fakenham then managed to stem the tide, but with ten minutes remaining Libbra breached their defence with a left-footed drive from the edge of the box. And as if that wasn''t enough, he then scored a stunning 25-yard angled shot with his other foot.

Roberts wouldn''t be out-done though, and popped up in the final seconds to complete his trio.

City Line-Up: Osborne, Sutch, Blois, Pinones (Oxby 55), Fleming, Jackson (Verheyen 45), Nedergaard (Bloomfield 77), Russell, Roberts, Libbra, Easton

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Nice to see Fakenham have improved and strengthened their team since then...[/quote]

Well said - Onwards and Upwards for Fakenham.

[quote]

Good to see Thorne in the goals, and Huckerby apparantly playing well.

Just to put the result into perspective:

Fakenham 1 Norwich 8 - Libbra hat-trick on debut[/quote]Whay am I not surprised you managed to find a negative, lol. [:P]

It was supposed to have been a good game. Glad alot of the youngsters getting a run-out and a good one, being that.

Well done to Thorne to!