Sign in to follow this  
nh_ncfc

Tonight's match

Tonights first pre-season match agains''t Fakenham Town kicks off at 7:30.

Matchlive from Canaries.co.uk is down untill 5th August, and BBC Radio Norfolk are not showing it. (Or atleast it''s not on their schedule).

Is there any way i can listen to the match?

The best I can suggest is that Sky Sports News seemed to give a lot of coverage to some friendlies the other day, including live score updates a la the normal match day.  But that was the weekend, I think...

You could always go? [;)]

Wish i did now. lol

Ah-well, i''ll get some live scores some how. Thanks for the suggestion - i''ll try it :)

More importantly how did we play?  What style, attacking approach - hoofball or passing?   How did the youngsters adapt?

Given our right wing problems how did Asmat do there - yet another striker tried in that position?   Is he young enough to adapt and be effective there? (Hendo wasnt but maybe Asmat could?)

ZippersLeftFoot, here is my account of the game last night:

The first half team had a good mixture of senior and youth players, we started lively, picking up on mistakes by the shaky Fakenham defence. We were passing the ball around beautifully, most notably Safri and Colin picking out McKenzie and Huckerby on numerous occasions. Huckerby was looking sharp, and it was his run that caused the Fakenham centre back to bring him down in the area. Huckerby gave the ball to McKenzie, who side footed the ball with his left foot, and it was a comfortable save for the Lehman lookalike.

Norwich opened the scoring through Huckerby, Asmat El Ougrui sending in a wonderful cross, and there was Huckerby at the back post, to fire Norwich in the lead with a spectacular full volley. We were still very lively, passing the ball around very well, a lot of one touch football and Patrick Bexfield, starting the game at left back looked very sharp, complimenting Huckerby well.

McKenzie had a very good chance to doube our lead when Huckerby once again danced into the box, picked him out, and a spectacuar over head was driven straight at the goalkeeper. But Norwich, still looking very sharp, went on to grab a second.

Great link up play from Jarvis an Leon came of it, a nice one-two by Jarvis, who was through on goal, and without hesitation smashed it into the goal, with the helpless goalkeeper left stranded.

In the first half, Norwich were looking good, we could have score four or five before half time.

A new look team came out in the second half, and started the half the way the first half team left off. Robert Eagle looked very impressive, and with the help of Huckerby, I think he can be a huge player in coming seasons.

Our passing somewhat went downhill in the second half, it has to be said. Etuhu was very handy in the middle of the park, picking up loose balls (not literally!) and making good chances out of nothing. Adam Drury was able to get forward well, and Shackell looked a commanding presence in the air.

Peter Thorne, didnt look all that impressive, he had five or six good chances, and only took two, I cant see him starting at Elland Road come August 5th. Eagle set up both goals, with help from Etuhu in the fourth goal. Bally Smart came on for Eagle on 75 minutes, and looked equally as sharp, hopefully we''ll be seeing them both more over the pre season.

Overall, we played well, passing has definately improved, as long as we take the chances we are now beginning to make, there is hope for the coming season, but only if we sign a target man.