Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

Tictacs

What tactics would everyone like to see us utilise this season? As Hucks has said, following last seson we desperately need to have a solid, regular system that we stick to, so what does everyone think? Do we build the system around the players we have (i.e. Hucks especially and Earnie), or do we devise the best possible system and fit the players around it?

[quote user="Chase in Delia out ."]I would like our first tactic to be

driving the Irishman out of the club , a 100% winner.[/quote]

And that has what to do with tactics exactly?

If you can''t contribute to the post, don''t post anything at all.

Its better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Positive attacking football. We need to take the initiative and get the first goal sooner and more often, too many times we''ve been put on the back foot by conceeding an early goal. Earnshaw and hucks like the ball at their feet and thats the way we need to play the game, quick direct passing football.

I''d like to see our key players setting the team structure and allowing some potential youth players to fill the spaces we are having problems with. (Ie Right-mid, Left-back)

442 please. As we saw with england and for most of the world cup teams 1 upfront is boring and whilst it may win you the world cup it is also a lottery. I honestly believe if we had played 442 along the floor instead of hoof ball we would have won the world cup. I think Norwich are the same, but we need good passers of the ball like we used to have.

Nice one Herb.  I thought that it may be open invitation to censorship now that we are supposed to make 1st WiZ happy.

I''d go for 4-4-2, home or away, irrespective of the opposition. Let our own players get settled into a system, let them get used to each other, minimise the changes & let the opposition worry about us rather than us worrying about the opposition. To me the spine is always crucial & if we could add some extra quality in central defence and up front I''d be happy. With the current squad I''d like to see a starting line up of Gallagher, Fleming (or Spillane), Doherty, Shackell, Drury, McVeigh, Hughes, Safri, Huckerby, McKenzie, Earnshaw

Not trying to make anyone happy, just trying to get this forum back to the way it was and it seems to be working, so let''s stick to the football shall we?

I would be happy to stick to football Pete, as long as the rest do.  Trouble is that there are those who must castigate and denigrate to make a point against those who cannot answer, remove such drivel and bad manners, and this would be a move in the right direction.  To remove from all posting such silly introductions as Worthless and name calling, etc among  other childish ridicule. 

we cannot build a team round our best players because we not signing anyone.everybody knows we need a right winger to give mcveigh a challange,worthington must deside on who is going to play in the middle of the park ,one of our problems last season was changing the midfield every couple of games.when we let francis and holt go no one cemented a place in the team.worthy use the pre season games to find the best two players in midfield and play them. im off in the garden,on the ball city