Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

A Worthy Target

Would you like to see our board issue Worthy a target in the press, for example:

"We expect a top 6 finish this season from Nigel and the team"

I feel the fans would be a far happier as at least there would appear to be some point where is the manager continues to FAIL he will be replaced. Also there is a target for Nigel to attain and focus himself upon, as last year he looked far too comfortable even when we were in the bottom half of the table and from a fans viewpoint seemed to have the board in his pocket.

It would show ambition and expectancy from the board that failure will not be tolerated.  Accepting 7th place finish next year is accepting mediocrity.

Currently the boards policy is:

The Club is hoping for a season in which we challenge at the right end of the table, hopefully playing good and entertaining football on the way.

I think we then had some kind of sub-debate on a range of topics including whether people would prefer to finish 7th playing wonderful football or 6th playing no-nonsense, results-driven football.

What the Club won''t do is make ourselves a hostage to fortune by publicly saying ''we will finish in x position''.

Theres nothing wrong with the boards policy. Your statement about the manager looking ''comfortable'' in the lower half of the table is nonsense, the manager wants to get the team promoted just as much as the fans do.

I think what he ment was Nigel could of atleast looked more concerned about being bottom half. But i agree with what you said :)

''A Worthy Target''

What a great idea,i wonder if we can get Winmau to produce a load of worthless dartboards??