Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Im so Ble*ding depressed!

After we had finnished our crap season i was so looking forward to the summer with the world cup & the removal of worthless,or maybe even keeping him & there being one or two decent signings. How things have gone eh! Dumped out of the world cup because of a manager as clueless as ours,worthy is still here & no one wants to come and sign for us! Can it get any worse? I am so bleeding depressed it''s unreal. I cant think of any other time in my life where i havent been looking forward to the new season! Anyone else feel the same?

yea abso- lutely twosheds. can''t remember a time when I have virtually no interest, it has been chopped away week by week, I normally travel to a couple of friendlies and catch the normal bigger club home one but not this season, Also I mormally order the new shirt and of course a few little other bits again not this season.

in terms of not looking forward to the new season, certainly concur never been so unexcited by an oncoming season. Well I''m excited by the football, just dreading the norwich bits of it. Surely the summer is all about false hope that this could be the year, just can''t get that.

I can understand the feelings expressed on this thread so far.  Things are frustrating and everytime I come to the Pink ''Un it''s in anticipation that there will be news of a signing.  My hope though is that the club are taking their time in order to get the right player(s) not just any player(s) that are available.  For example I hope that Worthington is focussing his attention on getting in a recognised right midfielder and not someone who can "do a job".  Whether or not that will happen is another thing.  While it would be nice to have had new signings in place for the pre-seaon, I would rather wait and hope that we get the players we need rather than sign someone like Ricketts just because he was available. 

Worthington needs to get any summer signings right this year and I think this is why he is taking his time.  He cannot afford to sign another Jarrett who just didn''t do it for City.  He needs players to come in and hit the ground running to made an immediate impact, not players who are just coming back from injury or are low on confidence.   

I am still looking forward to next season and no doubt a couple of signings will ignite a bit more excitement in general.

The last time I felt this disheartened about a season was 2003/2004 we had run out of ideas the previous year and finished dismally 8th. I went to the pre-season friendlies against Diss and Peterborough and we were truely AWFUL.  We had no ideas up front, no clue.

We went on to get promoted.

We could still manage it this year with the right purchases to balance the team.

If only worthy hadnt spent so damn poorly last season.

YES!! never felt so down and angry about this football club, maybe i made a mistake in getting my season ticket this year?

Personally for me its the waiting thats doing it for me, I just want to get on with the season. No matter what state the club is in, the anticipation before a game is always magical for me.

What''s the point in getting all pent up and angry about this in July ?  We start the season in 3 weeks in the same league as Birmingham, Palace, West Brom, Leeds, and Southampton.  And we will be competitive even if we don''t add to our current squad.  With a coach capable of developing young talent and the right players in the right places (right wing for example), we will have an outside chance of promotion.

So what''s with all the sack-cloth wearing, wailing and gnashing of teeth ?

I reckon it''s to do with the culture of complaint created by the first half of last seasons'' poor performances and results, and harnessed by people who want the manager out.  Over the summer (on this board anyway), the complaints have become systematic, constant, based on half-truths and hearsay, and generally from the usual suspects.

If I could be bothered, I could probably write a computer program that surfs the newsnow.co.uk newsfeed, finds stories, then generates a complaint about Norwich City about them.  Then the people who like to complain could get on with their lives safe in the knowledge that all their complaining was being done for them.

I can honestly say that I have never felt such a lack of enthusiasm, and felt so disheartened at the start of a season. Normally I can''t wait for it to start. I have supported City since the 1970''s. I have never felt like this. While Worthy hags around I just cannot get motivated. He has destroyed so much of what was good as far as I am concerned.   

Ur Right Johno... i have no motivation for this season whatsoever.... we will be going to games expecting to lose and trudging home again afterwards unless changes are made...

jas :)

[:|] "Things could be worse..........I could have been a shareholder"...........[*-)]

I suppose Herbyblahralphy&co - are entirely correct in their assumptions and commendable defence of HMS NCFC and all those that flounder in her.

We should accept all that is occuring at this moment in time........Don''t rock the submerged coracle, as the savoury saviour Delia has loaned the club some cullenders/colanders - that we can use to bail out the excess water.....glug, glug glug.....

Why, do we doth protest about the situation at Carra? We are, as under this present Govenment "In perfectly safe hands!".......[*-)]

If we weren''t allowed to protest or question anything........then we would be drinking fluorescent green water from our taps, and gazing at pictures of gracious but extinct mammals and animals, that once roamed this ''fine'' Earth..."Cheers Greenpeace!"

All is not presently ''ticketyboo'' at our footy club........if folk think that we have nothing to worry about [li]  .......then OK, stick by your principles. I just beg to differ...........[N]   

From my view it is very simple.

Worthy isn''t gone. So why feel depressed and think and expect to lose every game? If we did that we are already starting on the wrong foot before the season starts. This is reality, this is how it is - So let''s get on with it and show the leauge we can do it!

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

I haven''t met a single fan who is excited about the coming season.

Most fans are full of negativity and doom mongering.

I fear for Worthington if we don''t start well.

[/quote]I think delia and co should be the ones to worry the most after all it was there job to remove worthless last season for our inept performances which was quite clear for all to see. so it lies at delia and co back door in my opinion.

Cant wait for the season to start .Very worried at the lack of signings to date could it be the year of trying the youngsters out.Ryan jarvis i feel could end up having a very large part to play alongside his brother rossi and i did like the look of spillane.The big question is worthless going to mess these lads around and play them out of position like he seems to with everyone he brings on lets hope not.

agreed - totally disinterested in the football league this year. the premiership is decided before its even kicked off.

My local side Crawley are in for an interested season.

but hey wasn''t Marquez superb in the world cup!

Mello,

Nice analogy, the stadium is by the river, and is one of the lowest stadiums in the country, so at some point you might have a point about baling out.

I have no problem whatsoever with constructive crtiticism of the club.

However, most negative people in here are too lazy to construct their criticism, so they tend to say "I''m so depressed on general principles", or "the boss is a clown" or "look at all the nothing happening".  They knock everything the club does, and recently have knocked things the club hasn''t done.  They don''t offer sensible or viable alternatives.  They make outrageous comments on the finances, staffing, and personal relationships within the club with often little more than a forum post from another site or the anti-club hyperbole that Vital Norwich spews out as their source of information.  Damn, I wasn''t going to mention them, now I have and people will visit the site and click on their google ads, and now I''ve just bought the fools a drink.  Damn.

For example - please back your claim that "all is not ticketyboo".  How can you prove that statement ?  Unless you have inside info, you can''t really. 

We all know last season went badly.  We all hope this season will be better.  We just have to let the staff there get on with their job, and prove that they can do what we expect.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Mello,

Nice analogy, the stadium is by the river, and is one of the lowest stadiums in the country, so at some point you might have a point about baling out.

I have no problem whatsoever with constructive crtiticism of the club.

However, most negative people in here are too lazy to construct their criticism, so they tend to say "I''m so depressed on general principles", or "the boss is a clown" or "look at all the nothing happening".  They knock everything the club does, and recently have knocked things the club hasn''t done.  They don''t offer sensible or viable alternatives.  They make outrageous comments on the finances, staffing, and personal relationships within the club with often little more than a forum post from another site or the anti-club hyperbole that Vital Norwich spews out as their source of information.  Damn, I wasn''t going to mention them, now I have and people will visit the site and click on their google ads, and now I''ve just bought the fools a drink.  Damn.

For example - please back your claim that "all is not ticketyboo".  How can you prove that statement ?  Unless you have inside info, you can''t really. 

We all know last season went badly.  We all hope this season will be better.  We just have to let the staff there get on with their job, and prove that they can do what we expect.

[/quote]

"All is not ''ticketyboo".......allegedly!..... I''m terribly sorry Joe, Andy, Neil, Bazzer, Dodger, Micky?.......err, blahblahblahpunkt. I really should have said that: "It''s all sweetness and light at NCFC......and there are no major/minor problems whatsoever - either internally, middley or externally. All the members of the ''lean'' but professional playing squad, are mostly keen to start the forthcoming battle - and rise like a good souffle! Then, it''s onwards and across a bit - to the footballing challenge - and the ultimate rewards that the ''Wunnerful Championship'' will bring.......ish.

Oh, I allegedly may talk to some folk within the NCFC simmering cauldron, and, as they haven''t signed the MOD (Ministry of Delia) official where ''r'' u? secretion act - they may just release a little verbal ''fraudulent'' slip in my shell like, and, like the slow puncture on my bicycle inner tube ''I won''t expand''........"Here''s hoping for hopeful success Blahaha!

PS. I concur wholeheartedly Mr Blahaha! Gossip and old wifey tittletattle - coupled with libellious and unsubstantiated  rumours - certainly  don''t belong on this most excellent forum!  Thanks...Mello.

Yes, I''m certainly lookin'' hopefully - but hopefully without negativity, towards a fruitless start to the season - so as I can moan an'' moan an'' moan - because I know nothin'' else - and I feel so much better after a fickle fit..... it also occasionaly winds up folk. Dreadfully immature and somewhat infantile I know..... but also extremely good fun....Stay serious!

Cheers! ;~)

Thanks Mello[:D][:D] - best piece I have seen on here this summer - biting yet superbly funny.  

[quote]I really should have said that: "It''s all sweetness and light at NCFC......and there are no major/minor problems whatsoever - either internally, middley or externally. All the members of the ''lean'' but professional playing squad, are mostly keen to start the forthcoming battle - and rise like a good souffle! Then, it''s onwards and across a bit - to the footballing challenge - and the ultimate rewards that the ''Wunnerful Championship''[/quote]

That''s a shame Mello, I was looking forward to taking you seriously, but it''s your prerogative to duck a serious question with a daft but very funny answer. 

You''re right of course, we should fall into the stereotypes laid out for us by the Worthy Out movement, either blissfully unaware of all the problems in the club or willing to rant at every opportunity against everything.  I really don''t know what I was thinking trying to have an adult conversation with you. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I really should have said that: "It''s all sweetness and light at NCFC......and there are no major/minor problems whatsoever - either internally, middley or externally. All the members of the ''lean'' but professional playing squad, are mostly keen to start the forthcoming battle - and rise like a good souffle! Then, it''s onwards and across a bit - to the footballing challenge - and the ultimate rewards that the ''Wunnerful Championship''[/quote]

That''s a shame Mello, I was looking forward to taking you seriously, but it''s your prerogative to duck a serious question with a daft but very funny answer. 

You''re right of course, we should fall into the stereotypes laid out for us by the Worthy Out movement, either blissfully unaware of all the problems in the club or willing to rant at every opportunity against everything.  I really don''t know what I was thinking trying to have an adult conversation with you. 

[/quote]"Am I bovvered? Am I? Am I? Do I look bovvered?" Sorry about not being able to have an adult conversation with you Mr Blahaha.......I''m only 12, although I''m studying hard at borstal to become an uninteresting and mundane pseudo intellectual, and then, maybe have a lobotomy to remove my sense of ''hoomer'' and stuff.[:|]

Will you be my mentor? [|-)]

Stay serious.  Mello. [:P]

Come on guys (and girls) with our promising young manager who insists upon stylish football at all times and the extensive transfer activity we have seen over the summer this should be a season to savour for the fans.

Now, where did I put my medication.