Sign in to follow this  
Rotherhithe Canary

youth not hoof!!!! finally

i know the opposition was fakenham but it was so refreshing to see city trying to play proper football, safri especially was good, even hughes was kepping it on the deck to feet(mostly), and i am also encourages by our youth players comin through, in warm up we were watching keeper joe lewis and he looked exceptional, eagle and asmat el quagi(???) looked very good wingers, although i ve since found out that asmat is a striker

but overall i was very encourages by the game last night, makes me feel slightly better about lack of signings

Yep, agreed. I know we couldn''t expect anything less than a comfortable win - but the way we played (or the way i''ve heared we played, more to the point) Was a 100% improvement from last seasons performances.

Let''s hope we keep this up!

snake pit army, please remember this was fakenham, in under a month we''ll be facing Leeds away, and by the looks of things, we havent a hope in hell. I appereciate that Worthless treated this as a training session, but we need to improve on our finishing greatly if we''re to get anywhere this season. I think the fact that quite possibly our worst player on the pitch last night scored twice sums it up. McKenzie should have burried the penalty, he should have had at least two others, but credit where credits due, young Robert Eagle and Asmat El Ougrui, they looked very impressive, as did Jarvis Snr, who took his goal well.

Did anyone see Hucks and their fat No.2 throughout the game, No.2 was getting sick all game, and made one late challenge which was right infront of us, Hucks replied : "Dont be leaving those chubby legs behind again, mate!", No.2''s facial expression was priceless, and Hucks scored a beauty past the Lehman lookalike.

I think it''s a bit silly to claim that the club is 100% better than last season based on playing a Ridgeons First Division team. Lets wait until we''ve played a proper team before we get excited. Its easy for them to play nice, on the floor, pretty football against a lowly team like Fakenham. Lets see if they can replicate it against Leeds or will they fall back into old/bad habits.

I think it''s a bit silly to claim that the club is 100% better than last season based on playing a Ridgeons First Division team. Lets wait until we''ve played a proper team before we get excited. Its easy for them to play nice, on the floor, pretty football against a lowly team like Fakenham. Lets see if they can replicate it against Leeds or will they fall back into old/bad .

UEA nice post, and I agree don''t get carried away untill we play football against the big boys.  However I believe that we will see a vast improvement this season, and not before time.

i wouldn t have gone so far as saying we were 100% improved but it was just so refreshing to see the plyers looking up and playing the simple ball rather than resorting to hit and hope